• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steven Mocco

CONCRETE CHALLY

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a chance to see him fight? The dude was an animal on the wrestling mat. I was looking for a scouting report on him.

I know he fights with ATT, and his MMA record is 3-0 fighting a bunch of stiffs. I always enjoyed watching him wrestle in college, and thought he could transition into MMA. Mocco is one tough bastard, but he is 31, and may not have that long of a shelf life?

Mocco is a technical wrestling marvel, which is very unusual at HW. He has some of the best foot sweeps you will ever see. I really look forward to seeing him make MMA fighters look ridiculous by effortlessly taking them down.

Don't worry about his age too much either. HWs tend to age better than little guys because the skill and athleticism in that weight class is so much lower than it is in the lighter weight classes.

I watched him fight Lew Polley recently. As expected, he won, but I expected him to make it look easier. Polley actually landed standing on him a couple times. I think he needs quite a bit of work before he could jump up in competition a lot.

Mocco is a technical wrestling marvel, which is very unusual at HW. He has some of the best foot sweeps you will ever see. I really look forward to seeing him make MMA fighters look ridiculous by effortlessly taking them down.

Don't worry about his age too much either. HWs tend to age better than little guys because the skill and athleticism in that weight class is so much lower than it is in the lighter weight classes.

you mean like judo style throws?

with that build, I think he could develope into a Carwin type dirty boxing destroyer, with much better wrestling. I hope so

Hopefully he can bring his striking up to par.

I could see the UFC signing him mid/later 2014

I watched him fight Lew Polley recently. As expected, he won, but I expected him to make it look easier. Polley actually landed standing on him a couple times. I think he needs quite a bit of work before he could jump up in competition a lot.

Thanks for the report.

you mean like judo style throws?

with that build, I think he could develope into a Carwin type dirty boxing destroyer, with much better wrestling. I hope so

Not like big judo ippons.

More like what Lyoto Machida does. Little unnoticed footsweeps where his opponent just drops like a sack of potatoes seemingly out of nowhere but when you go back and watch the replay, you see him sweeping out the foot.

2agw0lj_medium.gif

jaw9wl_medium.gif

machidatrip_zps0b31138a.gif

ryoto04gif.gif

Machida_KOs_Silva.gif

Here is Mocco working his foot sweep magic. He routinely caught guys with the technique in wrestling.

temp-320-93369038_medium.gif

RankingMMA did a great profile of Mocco located here.

This is my favorite article on Mocco's background and MMA ability from Bloody Elbow located here.

Two other articles that are relevant from MMA Junkie and the QCtimes here and here.

Mocco is great! I wanna see him in UFC.

I think Konrad had far more potential. But I'm still looking forward to see Mocco's career develop.

Thanks for all of the updates guys. Mocco is certainly someone to keep an eye on over the next year or two.

Back