• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Steroids make it much harder to lose muscle mass

well I was thinking that too which is when it occurred to me why he would be having a hard time. And I'm pretty sure he's not an ex steroid user.

Just like one of those giant bodybuilders with sub 5% bf, Yoel's gains stick to him like glue. I get that he "can" but it's still ridiculous if he can't make it happen naturally.

But... yes he can... just use the weeks after a fight to burn the muscle via diet. They will burn, easy. Then focus on building with what you got.

It really should be no problem, the weight cut is.

Yoel never fucking changed and aged gracefully. How many muscled people do that? All others we saw made ridiculous transformations, either before or after USADA

Thats not a fact that's just a broad statement.
You need calories to mantain any type of mass steroids or not.
You need high protein and calories a long with stimulation to mantain muscles mass.

Class dismissed
*and a fuckton of testosterone.
which can make the process practically automatic, and definitely hinders the process of losing the muscle back.
which sure sounds like it would make managing your bodyweight pretty troublesome if that were the case.

But... yes he can... just use the weeks after a fight to burn the muscle via diet. They will burn, easy. Then focus on building with what you got.

It really should be no problem, the weight cut is.
If he was losing muscle easily I don't think he'd be struggling to stay inside his weightclass and making giant cuts as a crutch. This is for a guy that's not that big for the weightclass in terms of frame on top of all of that, and it's not beneficial to his performance to drain himself that much.

I mean the idea of believing he isn't on steroids is just comical but I found it much more interesting how it relates to his problems with weight management.

*and a fuckton of testosterone.
which can make the process practically automatic, and definitely hinders the process of losing the muscle back.
which sure sounds like it would make managing your bodyweight pretty troublesome if that were the case.

If he was losing muscle easily I don't think he'd be struggling to stay inside his weightclass and making giant cuts as a crutch. This is for a guy that's not that big for the weightclass in terms of frame on top of all of that, and it's not beneficial to his performance to drain himself that much.

I mean the idea of believing he isn't on steroids is just comical but I found it much more interesting how it relates to his problems with weight management.
You said steroids which is a broad spectrum.
Even if he was microdosing testosterone he would have to keep his levels within the normal range, which mean it would be no harder than it would be for a normal man.

The days of superhuman test levels are over, and your food intake is the most important part. having high test doesn't make it harder to lose muscle, it makes it easier to maintain they are different.
Anyone who's living and training in a deficit will lose mass overtime

Back