Steroid Myths Debunked

There are many, many MMA athletes in all organizations that are juicing! Anyone who doesn't think so is just not being realistic.

d brooks said:
i never heard those myths

i heard worst ones like... baldness, impotance and big titties

I hear you can lose hair, get abnormal body hair in new places, sunken eye sockets, expanded foreheads, redness, acne, tendon damage from over training, bouts of impulsive anger, shrunken testicles, kidney damage, and possible heart attacks later in life.

i hear that Deca is good for your joints...is this true..(and for those who don't know, Deca is street name for Deca-durabolin, wich is a type of steroid)

Why is it the steroids threads bring out all the OT guys who don't know fucking anything about dieting and never post here about threads that matter?

There's no myths about steroids on this board, this thread is fucking retarded. Nobody ever came into this forum and started a thread, "Steroids decrease flexbility."

Eat some fucking turkey, you fucking pussies.

I would tell that to Saku if he would come online or call me. Seeing that he wont I will maintain that roided atheletes perform better. Sure if they juice up to a point that they can barely function they wont be, but im talking about useing roids..not abusing them. They are banned from most sports for a reason.

This isn't always true. See Fernando Vargas. Roided to perfection to be bigger and stronger, got wasted by Oscar De La Hoya. This is just one case among many where people got to see that steroids = advantage, sure, steroids = imminent success, not at all. In Boxing the philosophy among fighters is go ahead and roid up, you'll get your ass beat with skill anyhow.

But this thread does bring up some good points. By anyone "in the know" about supplements and whatnot, it's long been recognized steroids are not the "Demonization" American Media makes them out to be. And there are other forms of cheating that are no better, like getting high-end laser eye surgery to correct vision...if you can't see, you shouldn't be playing. Cheating is cheating.

Steroids have been used medically for years to battle numerous diseases, and are VERY popular among aging men to increase vitality and overall health, equating the nothing more than the same estrogen-replacement therapy menopausal women get. The only people who fuck themselves up using steroids do so like any other dipshit who fucks themselves up with any other supplement. Ignorant, abusive use of them.

Personally I don't do them because they're banned from the sport I want to compete in. But as my natural testosterone depletes as I age would I consider a perscription for testosterone or HGH? Sure. For now, though, following the rules is an essential part of being an athlete. If you can't follow the rules you shouldn't be allowed to play. And that just is what it is.

Do they still shrink your nuts? Because, if so, that's enough to keep me off of them.

As much as I love MMA, I love sex better, and I'm not going to do anything to improve my performance in the former that will decrease my abilities to engage in the latter. Priorities people.

Tommy Seoul said:
Do they still shrink your nuts? Because, if so, that's enough to keep me off of them.

As much as I love MMA, I love sex better, and I'm not going to do anything to improve my performance in the former that will decrease my abilities to engage in the latter. Priorities people.

When was the last time you used your nuts to fuck a girl?

When was the last time you used your nuts to fuck a girl?

Dude you almost made my Green Goodness come out of my nose. lol Jesus Christ.

Well if you're into all that BDSM and whatnot I suppose your balls would be important to sexual activity.

Speaking of Green Goodness has anyone noticed any new bottles of it having an after-taste of black-eyed peas? Maybe I'm flipping out but I think they put too much of some vegetable extract in one of the newer batches.

I think a better question to ask rather than "What does proper steroid use cause verses abusive steroid use?" is "How easy is it to abuse steroids and performance enhancing drugs?" Anything can cause problems - even training too much can lead to dehydration and a weakened heart and immune system among other problems! The trick is knowing how easy it is to abuse steroids when not being supervised by a medical professional.

Personally I believe no drug should be banned totally if it has medical uses; however, many should be administered only by certified and qualified medical professionals given how easy it is to abuse them by unqualified people. Of course, it is cheaper and more lazy to just ban some and add instructions for the patient for the rest.

I'll buy one after work. I drank a bunch of Bolthouse Farms last week and everything was normal.

Did you see their new drink, Kabuki? The "Vedge." Looks like we might finally have a delectable alternative to V8.
http://www.bolthouse.com/html/cs_vedge_n.html

My little brother's roommate loves these things. He's always got 1 Green Goodness, 1 Strawberry Banana, 1 Mango Lemonade, and 1 Berry Boost in their fridge.

I wanna drink his shit so bad.

Personally I believe no drug should be banned totally if it has medical uses; however, many should be administered only by certified and qualified medical professionals given how easy it is to abuse them by unqualified people. Of course, it is cheaper and more lazy to just ban some and add instructions for the patient for the rest.

Dude people abuse nasal decongestants. We have too much of an overpopulation problem in America. If people kill themselves with relatively harmless everyday shit which screams that idiocy is involved to the tenth degree, then I say GOODBYE...they ARE the weakest link.

Mick - Bro you're big enough. Drink his shit and if he bitches, threaten to crush his head 'neath your boot. lol Nah seriously, I haven't tried "The Vedge" yet but I'm convinced Bolthouse Farms is attempting World Domination by getting people to DRINK their fruits and vegetables. Because of this crap and some of the other anti-oxidant things I take I've not only managed to keep my greens intake at at least 3 servings per day, but I haven't had a cold in like 4 years.

King Kabuki said:
Dude people abuse nasal decongestants. We have too much of an overpopulation problem in America. If people kill themselves with relatively harmless everyday shit which screams that idiocy is involved to the tenth degree, then I say GOODBYE...they ARE the weakest link.

Mick - Bro you're big enough. Drink his shit and if he bitches, threaten to crush his head 'neath your boot. lol Nah seriously, I haven't tried "The Vedge" yet but I'm convinced Bolthouse Farms is attempting World Domination by getting people to DRINK their fruits and vegetables. Because of this crap and some of the other anti-oxidant things I take I've not only managed to keep my greens intake at at least 3 servings per day, but I haven't had a cold in like 4 years.

Treston said the same thing. He's a happy little stoner, but he thinks (and I agree) that weed breaks down the immune system, and his was weak in the first place, so he always gets sick.

He said he noticed when he started drinking those he didn't get sick anymore.

Fruits and vegetables. Go fucking figure.

won't debunking negative steroid myths make some people want to take roids?

He said he noticed when he started drinking those he didn't get sick anymore.

Fruits and vegetables. Go fucking figure.

People are D-U-M-B in America regarding just basic health. They think killing yourself with a never-ending job and neglecting your body's regular maintenance, or being a bum and STILL ignoring your body's regular maintenance is just the way to be.

Speaking of fruits and vegetables I was reading an article tonight about grass-fed beef. Have you heard anything about this?

Apparently chloroplast stores omega-3 fatty acids. So keeping your livestock grain-fed is one of the worst things that can be done for the nutrient content of the meat. They lose something like 40% of the omega-3's they would have if they were kept to pasture, and they deteriorate of nutrients more and more as they're kept grain-fed. It makes perfect sense as well because I noticed now all of a sudden fucking EGGS are needing to be fortified with omega-3's. EGGS. They're supposed to already BE fortified. Stupid fucking FDA putting it right on the label as if something new was accomplished. EGGS, NOW WITH OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS!!

So, needless to say I'm all fucking paranoid now. But I KNOW it's gonna be crazy expensive to convert to grass-fed meat completely because being HEALTHY in this country is about the most costly endeavor a person can attempt and yields shit for profits. But I do eventually want to do it, you could eat your steak and get PLENTY GOOD fats at the same time. Nutritious food, whoda thunk it?

won't debunking negative steroid myths make some people want to take roids?

The only people who can take roids legally are of-age males who have either a condition that necessitates it, or a circumstance that does. Debunking the negative myths is to alleviate ignorance, there's plenty reasons under-aged males, females, and males looking to use them only for vanity should not take them...but nut-shrinkage, roid rage, and tentative heart or liver failure usually has little to do with the ACTUAL reasons.

lol, and me responding seriously. This is why I have trouble expressing my sense of humor, I just give dry sarcastic reponses. To me it's hilarious, people can't tell if I'm REALLY that much of an asshole or just oblivious.

I still am musing over your commentary K-Kabuki stating that eye correction surgery is considered cheating on par with steroid usage. I wear contacts, which corrects my vision as well, but this is still cheating? I'm just failing to make a logical step from one to the other in terms of their granting an unfair advantage. Poor eyesight to me just seems to be in a whole different catagory. If anything on a personal level it evens a playing field down to where hardwork and skill will prevail, nor am I using an illegal substance to gain an edge. Contact wearing is not illegal, and I'm sure it(and laser correction surgery) has been a godsend to many a professional athelete, because I'm sure not all of them have god-gifted natural perfect vision upon birth. It's not like putting this tiny piece of plastic lens in my eye is going to add 400lbs to my bench or 500 more footpounds of force on my kicks or anything.

Just trying to pick out if you were being fascious or not concerning this, and if not, I'd appreciate hearing your side as to why you consider it cheating.

One(your eyesight) is completely out of your control. The other(steroids) is done on your part willingly for these previously mentioned gains. This is where the crux of my argument lies. If it was cheating why are they not banned as well? I could see if I was in a marksmen competition and I had some fancy retinal lens that improved my sharpshooting ability with eagle-eye accuracy and telescopic vision, but seriously...

Appreciate it!

King Kabuki said:
I hope you are joking. Yes people abuse nasal decongestants, but people also abuse the #1 drug in the world: food. I was referring to those drugs which are prescription-only. My point is that if a significant percentage of normal people who take the medicine and are not experts end up screwing their perscription, then it should only be administered by a trained medical professional.

Antibiotics are the prototypical example. Many people abused them by taking antibiotics for everything; many others stopped taking them too early. Doctors are partly to blame for prescribing them too much, but the normal people are to blame for not finishing their prescription as directed by their physicians. As a result, antibiotic-resistant bacteria are a serious concern in hospitals worldwide.

P.S. Nasal decongestants suck. I much rather blow my nose, take a shower, or do moderate exercise to open up the nasal passages. Jogging a mile is light years more effective than 4-way, you feel better afterward, and it helps boost your immune system as well.

One(your eyesight) is completely out of your control. The other(steroids) is done on your part willingly for these previously mentioned gains. This is where the crux of my argument lies. If it was cheating why are they not banned as well? I could see if I was in a marksmen competition and I had some fancy retinal lens that improved my sharpshooting ability with eagle-eye accuracy and telescopic vision, but seriously...

You're talking about contact lenses, a tool. I was talking about very high-end corrective surgeries that turn people with very bad vision (like say the Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard who had retinal detachment) into people who can once again perform above-standard in a Sport.

I was partly joking and partly not. Not everyone who has bad vision qualifies for these kinds of surgeries, but I'm sure in athletics you have those who do and those who don't. So why do the ones who do get to utilize it and the ones who don't are just fucked? What is the difference between allowing those who do to get it and perform above their natural ability as opposed to allowing a player who is plagued by injuries to use anabolics to recover. If you know anything about steroids you know that most of the anabolics these athletes get caught useing (Decadurabolin being a prime example) are used primarily for recovery and healing purposes. Not necessarily just strength or speed, but why stop at recovering? At least that's how they think.

My point is where does the line begin or end? Anyone can rationalize any sort of "cheating." But the truth is most athletes would do whatever it takes to earn their pay. If you don't want athletes cheating then the game is what needs to be re-organized, not the restrictions necessarily on what the athletes can and cannot do to succeed. You don't have this problem in most fight sports because not so much rides on the fighters as rides on Professional Baseball and Football Players, or Olympic Athletes.

It's a touchy subject no doubt. But if we're not going to allow athletes to enhance their performance, they SHOULD NOT enhance their performance? Correct? No. Incorrect, there's too much grey area in that respect and frankly, the reasons given by Congress and the general public just do not add up for why anabolics is cheating, and all the other shit people do to perform better isn't. You want to see what would happen if you allowed anabolics in Pro Sports? You have not but to look no further than Pro Bodybuilding. They have "natural" divisions, those athletes have been juiced for years, you have some who compete as close to all-natural as they can and still place well. That playing field is as level as any other in Pro Athletics. You do what you have to do to win. Period.

I hope you are joking. Yes people abuse nasal decongestants, but people also abuse the #1 drug in the world: food. I was referring to those drugs which are prescription-only. My point is that if a significant percentage of normal people who take the medicine and are not experts end up screwing their perscription, then it should only be administered by a trained medical professional.

I'm not debating your point, but I'm not joking either. Anabolics ARE only LEGALLY administered by qualified Medical Professionals. They are no easier to get a hold of than any other street drug, all you have to have is the cash and know a couple of people. They are not "easier" to abuse than anything else. The reason they are being abused IMO is largely because of mis-education on them, not any lack of control on them. In-fact if you look at current trends the more taboo they become the worse it gets, the more curious about it kids become, because our Government has this terrible tendency to stand against many things that benefit human health. So there is mistrust. Plus you have bullshit like the Congressions stance on Anabolics in Pro Baseball. Jose Canseco comes out and tells the truth about it and he's basically black-balled by any media un-willing to capitalize on bad publicity. Rafiel Palmiero lies about it, gets caught, and Congress commends him for assisting AFTER getting caught lying. So what does that tell kids? Tell the truth = you are a piece of shit rat bastard. Lie and get caught = you're a jewel of a human being. THERE is the problem. Hypocrisy.

Back