Sterling was absolutely pathetic

What can a fighter do if the opponent does the grounded knee game repeatedly while covering his face? Can't punch him to the face or body. Rules say can't kick or knee. Back off, so he can shoot and fall back on his knees again? It's so silly.

He went to a doc and wasn't concussed
Even if that's true, it was impossible to know that at the time. Right thing happened.

Frankly, I wouldn't be too mad if Yan was suspended for something like that. That shit was wild, and in a championship fight? Made the UFC look really bad.

LOL,

It was clearly a brutal illegal knee, perhaps Aljo sold it more than the reality of it...I can agree with that but it was not a close call Jan fucked up.

Even if that's true, it was impossible to know that at the time. Right thing happened.

Frankly, I wouldn't be too mad if Yan was suspended for something like that. That shit was wild, and in a championship fight? Made the UFC look really bad.

I thought it was obvious. Most agree. His teammate tried the same thing vs Mousasi, but it backfired. Looks like they're teaching the art of foul milking there at Serra/Longo.

Got his fucking ass whooped, spent half the fight panic wrestling and throwing wild strikes. As soon as he found a way out because he was going to get killed in there he did some very bad acting saying that he's "dizzy" while he was just lying down panting on the canvas like a bitch. Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and terrible decision of the UFC.

How is that even a downed strike? He was clearly standing up. Fucking stupid.
1) it was a downed strike because he was down, per the rules, that both fighters know, 2) Aljo landed plenty of effective strikes, I wouldn't be surrpised if he actually outlanded Petr, 3) if you're going to be mad at anyone, be mad at your Russian boyfriend. If he didn't cheat we wouldn't have this problem.

IDGAF if you think he embellished or not, he took an illegal fight-ending-quality knee to the face. It would've been absolute bullshit for him to reward Petr for that by continuing to fight. You don't get rewarded for cheating.

Sterling was playing the hand game all night.

lit almost seems like he was baiting Yan to throw an illegal knee.

Yan asked his corner if he should hit him hey and yes.

bad advice to a fighter who’s pissed off at his opponent.

I don’t think Yan’s a cheater anymore than I think Sterling took the cowards way out, he was baiting him to try and score a couple of point deductions andgot starched for his choice.

Rematch will be amazing

Worst champion in history. He has displaced Serra now for me, and that’s quite an achievement.
How can you consider Serra the worst champion in history, The guy when in the cage and made the WW goat tap to strike.

I don't buy that he was acting dude. I think it would have been a terrible idea for Sterling to continue. It wasn't a bad foul, it was a horrendous foul.

You gonna call Sterling a coward? Seriously? Bad take, dude. He dropped the belt in the center of the ring. You can't continue to fight after a shot like that. Dude's likely concussed.
You don't believe that he was acting? He was apparently more concussed than any fighter has ever been in the history of the UFC, even fighter's who have been brutally knocked out. When the doctor was going to allow him time to continue he turned up the acting and lay down on his back to make sure they stop the fight. He was absolutely acting more hurt than he was. It's understandable why he took the easy way out, he gets a win bonus and another title fight. But there is a reason guys like Anthony Smith get so much respect for NOT doing what Aljo did. It's clearly exaggerating an injury to take the easy way out and it's not a good look for the fans. The consequence of taking the easy way out is being called a coward for doing so.

Sterling was playing the hand game all night.

lit almost seems like he was baiting Yan to throw an illegal knee.

Yan asked his corner if he should hit him hey and yes.

bad advice to a fighter who’s pissed off at his opponent.

I don’t think Yan’s a cheater anymore than I think Sterling took the cowards way out, he was baiting him to try and score a couple of point deductions andgot starched for his choice.

Rematch will be amazing
I had the feeling right before the knee that he was baiting him. It was his only path to victory at that point.

I don't care about a minor technicality. That man is standing up. Why the fuck is throwing a knee on a man that's literally standing up illegal?
Hes literally not literally standing up, genius

You don't believe that he was acting? He was apparently more concussed than any fighter has ever been in the history of the UFC, even fighter's who have been brutally knocked out. When the doctor was going to allow him time to continue he turned up the acting and lay down on his back to make sure they stop the fight. He was absolutely acting more hurt than he was. It's understandable why he took the easy way out, he gets a win bonus and another title fight. But there is a reason guys like Anthony Smith get so much respect for NOT doing what Aljo did. It's clearly exaggerating an injury to take the easy way out and it's not a good look for the fans. The consequence of taking the easy way out is being called a coward for doing so.

Its amazing the difference compared to when guys get kneed with their hands on the ground as opposed to a few inches off it always seems the difference between a KO and continuing for some reason.....and the acting was terrible....if his chin is that bad he really should not be fighting anymore he was still acting during the interview FFS.

Last edited:
How can you consider Serra the worst champion in history, The guy when in the cage and made the WW goat tap to strike.

You’re right but most fans considered Serra the worst champion because his win was a one off. But it was valid as any win and he earned it on that night.

Sterling is something else because not only he didn’t beat the champ but the fight wasn’t even close. He’s a Matt Hamil who was handed a win, a belt no less, after getting soundly outclassed by a fighter who was toying with him for four rounds.

Fighters like Anthony Smith are commended for not taking the easy way out. Fighters like Sterling who choose the easy way out are immortalized forever as cowards. Those are the consequences for taking the cowardly way out and faking an injury.
As much as you think you have the power to immortalize or condemn a fighters character you are a random bozo on a karate board with a shit opinion, By the way... AND NEW. Deal with it

why not just say you can continue and then immediately verbally tap once the ref restarts?

You’re right but most fans considered Serra the worst champion because his win was a one off. But it was valid as any win and he earned it on that night.

Sterling is something else because not only he didn’t beat the champ but the fight wasn’t even close. He’s a Matt Hamil who was handed a win, a belt no less, after getting soundly outclassed by a fighter who was toying with him for four rounds.
Calling petr paper champ before the fight and now posing with a title which he won for getting outclassed and knocked out lol man i can’t wait for the rematch

I don't buy that, the dude took a direct knee to the head and was badly hurt, and it would have been foolish to continue. Anthony Smith is a cunt, dude. He called the referee a coward and his antics after the Glover fight were totally unacceptable.

Everybody misses the point. I had debate on Facebook last night and just couldn't be bothered to keep explaining. Was the knee illegal? Yes. Was sterling hurt? Yes. Could sterling continue and put on some of worst facial acting I've ever seen? Also Yes. Yan was a fool and sterling took the easy win..
Do you often have debates where you mix fact with conjecture?

You are pointing at the wrong guy, go throw some trash to the guy that got himself DQ'd, its HIS fault.

The ref should have called the fight on the spot so that aljo didn't feel that he had to roll on the floor and pretend to cry. That knee was outrageous.

Yan can now go and fight TJ and we can have the sandhagen rematch for the title
This. It's totally absurd to let that call to the fighter.

Back