• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Sterling vs. Yan Scoring MEGATHREAD ***

How Did You Score the Fight?

• Total voters
Round 2 was easy 10-8 with the GnP and mount, back control. 10-8's are to separate from standard rounds, like rounds 1, 4 and 5. It's what they're there for.

Boring fight and Yan is a douche, glad he lost and great to see how butthurt he was after the fight.

this was a draw in my book, nobody showed mmore than the other
it was really a 50-50 fight

the judge need to be able to score a round as a daw,
the first round was a 9-9

this fight was a draw, Sterling was given a title

Round 2 was easy 10-8 with the GnP and mount, back control. 10-8's are to separate from standard rounds, like rounds 1, 4 and 5. It's what they're there for.
Exactly.

There was a significant Ground and Pound in the 2nd round too, but Aljo haters are trying to make it sound like he did no damage. What sore losers.

That was by far a very convincing 10-8 round. Utter domination.

Oh well, the better fighter won, and that's all that matters.

Reactions: MCS
Aljo actually landed much more strikes than Yan in rd 1, so not sure how that would be the easiest rds to ever score in anyones life
He landed 6 more strikes whilst running away lol... Nothing with any power

Sterling is a rule goof. Embarrassing to watch and a disgrace to the sport. And the judging tonight in general, just disgusting. I'm glad I didnt pay for that. Burns and Khamzat delivered.

Aljo won the first, had a 10-8 in the second and won the 3rd. Literally impossible for Yan to win that fight. At best it was a draw for him. People are stupid and only remember the last two rounds of 5 round fights.

Aljo deserved at least one 10-8 round. I thought he absolutely deserved the win.

I find Petr Yan to be so god damn boring to watch. Hopefully he can be kept away from the title.

Real good fighter, very overrated on Sherdog and so boring to watch IMO.

I really thought Yan had it. I thought it was 2-2 going into the fifth and Yan took the fifth. However, I really enjoyed the rounds Sterling took. I was cheering myself horse for him to sink in those chokes.

I don’t see how anyone can say they blew it.

That’s ridiculous.

Sterling clearly won 2 and 3
Yan 4 and 5

1 is a coin toss of do you prefer octagon control or landing a few more strikes in a low key round. For me, I would give round 1 to Sterling. But you can’t say the judges blew it. That’s nonsense.

I think Yan can make adjustments and win a rematch, but he got outplayed tonight. Perhaps came in too over confident and his team just didn't have a game plan, his corner advise was terrible between rounds. "Wtf just don't let him take your back, do what you did last time!". It was clear they just assumed this fight would be a repeat and didn't treat it like a challenge.

I think he started to figure out that if he sat around just being defensive trying to keep it standing, eventually Sterling would take his back and he couldnt get him off of him. Once he started initiating the grappling, he showed he could do the exact same shit to Sterling and that's the key for victory for him imo.. not sprawl over and over.

I think the better fighter lost, but mainly because of poor gameplan and coaching.

Yan also has a bad habit of giving the first round away in these 5 round fights while he gets his timing down. He did it against Cory and again tonight.. I think he could have fought with more determination in the first round possibly trying to score atleast one takedown or something to secure the round that bit him in the ass. (Might not have mattered because he probably should have had a 8-10 round in two which would have made the fight a draw).

He got beat and deserved the loss

Last edited:
You can see his facial reaction when he looks at buffers scorecard. He looks over at someone and kinda grimaces and rolls his eyes.

Back