News Sterling vs Dillshaw Announced For UFC 279

Cheering for Aljo. He has really grown on me the last few years. And I just really hate cheaters.

It’s an intriguing matchup, and I do want to see if, but I’m a bit confused about how Dillashaw earned this opportunity…

TJ probably wins. Not a fan of either though.

I won’t complain, at least Aljo isn’t out for another year (knock on wood). I would love to have Yan vs Cejudo added to that card.

It's dumb. But I think the UFC just doesn't really have many other options at this point. TJ is a cheat and doesn't deserve it, but at nearly 37 coming off an 18 month layoff after a major knee injury I don't think he's comin out on top.

Well, I guess I hope TJ pieces up Sterling and is able to sprawl him out repeatedly in doing so

So this means that 280 will likely be on OCT 1st, with 281 being OCT 22(Abu Dhabi)? Unless they go 6 weeks between ppvs and turn OCT 22 into 280, which seems highly unlikely.

If they do both 280 & 281 in OCT, then UFC 300 is on pace for May of 2024.

Not many fighters went being a fan favorite when he won the title to how hated he is now. Only thing I can say for TJ is he did own to the fact he failed the test and did something stupid. Do I think he should be rewarded with a title shot his second fight back also considering he probably lost. No not at all. I think Aldo should get the shot. I also understand TJ not turning it down. I can forgive fighters for making mistakes if the own up to it when it comes to PED use and its a one time thing. While saying that I think you need to earn your spot again. Also earn yourself some respect with the fans and the other competitors. Guys like Jon and all his failed test I dont think he should be allowed to compete anymore. Issue with Jon is he has never taken any responsibility for any of it. At least TJ did that. I really dont care who wins this one though. It would probably be better for Aldo is Sterling won. But if Merab wins and Sterling wins we get to see Sterling fight at FW and see how that works out. =) If TJ wins I still see Aldo catching him in a barn burner.

TJ taking EPO was a bummer. Coming out of nowhere and destroying Barao was one of the greatest underdog stories of all time imo. Smashing Garbrandt was something too.

sterling lost to assuncao, TJ beat him UD
TJ also lost to assuncao. He was also tko'd by Dodson, who was soundly defeated by Rivera & Yan, whom Aljo has beaten a combined 3 times.

How's THAT for mma-math?

In all seriousness I suspect the odds will be about even: -140 Aljo & +120 TJ

Back