(1st fight) Sterling clearly won the first 2 rounds vs Yan. 3rd is arguable

what fight were you watching? Yan was up and winning the 4th.
This had always been my thought on this fight, despite watching it drunk, I never changed my mind over time even with all the BS you hear that Yan was dominating the fight. However I reserved my judgment, until today when I went back and re-watched.

That first round had to be hard to score and puts the whole scoring process in the spot light. Sterling likely won the striking count but Yan was dominating on the grappling moves in my mind.

He for sure took the first 2. And the third round could've gone either way. Aside from a few judo trips in the 3rd which were followed by a quick stand up from ref.... the sig strikes landed were 30-29 in favor of Yan, however, Sterling had Yan pressed against the cage a couple times.

Yan was clearly frustrated going into the 4th. Sterling has a longer reach and is also faster.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

You must be a homer cuck who knows Sterling personally, or is paid to promote him. Anyone with a brain (clearly not you, retard) could see that Yan was beginning to pick Sterling apart. That little cuck bitch Sterling is gonna get FUCKED next fight.

Will you please remove yourself from all social media after that? The Earth could do without you.

Yan was up on two of the scorecards. All of the judges agreed on rounds 2 (Aljo) and 3 (Yan).
Ev2jarmUYAIl6YX.jpg:large

Aljo won the 2nd and lost 1 and 3, the only reason he won the second round was because of his insane pace, an insane pace that had no effect on Yan. Aljo lost round 1 even with a much higher output, he was being outskilled and countered. The third round when Aljo started fading was the beginning of the end for him.

There is an argument for Aljo winning 1 and 2, he was fighting way to actively though, i've never seen someone with such high activity barely win a round, Yan was chilling while Aljo was giving it 110%, it was clear by round 3 Aljo was done and Yan was taking full control.

Last edited:
He for sure took the first 2. And the third round could've gone either way. Aside from a few judo trips in the 3rd which were followed by a quick stand up from ref.... the sig strikes landed were 30-29 in favor of Yan, however, Sterling had Yan pressed against the cage a couple times.

Yan was clearly frustrated going into the 4th. Sterling has a longer reach and is also faster.
Sweet attempt

He won the second and the first was close. I gave him the first. Yan was frustrated and clearly threw the knee intentionally. He deserved to lose the title. I’m hoping sterling beats him this time around without controversy.

Round 1) Coinflip. Sterling outworked Yan for much of it, but Yan got a knockdown towards the end. The judges can't be wrong.
Round 2) Sterling outworked Yan
Round 3) Yan. He started taking over and getting the best out of Sterling.

29-28 either way. It was split for Yan, so I'm not arguing.

Nah Yan was winning that fight. Sterling was fading and Yan had all the momentum going into the championship rounds, if Yan hadn't fucked up by throwing the illegal knee he most likely would have stopped Sterling anyway.

Agree that Sterling was doing quite well early. The problem is that the fight showed a couple of things: 1- it is unlikely that Sterling can finish Yan, even if he pushes a crazy pace and throws the kitchen sink at him and 2- in a battle of attrition, Yan is going to come out on top. Down the stretch, Aljo was looking desperate and Yan was tossing him around and was clearly the fresher fighter.

so what can Aljo do in the rematch? If he goes full throttle to start again then he can take a couple of rounds but that leaves him very vulnerable in the final fifteen and Yan is not one to relent or fatigue. If he paces himself and fights a more measured fight, can he take rounds? We will have to see.

I believe he has the ability or the potential to win but he sort of has to fight a perfect fight in order to do it. Yan can beat him in more ways than Sterling can beat Yan.

Yan always fights like this. The Aldo fight, Aldo looked good in the first round but Yan gradually turned up the pressure.

The reality is, it doesn't matter how well a fighter is doing in early rounds if he gets finished later. And if not for the knee Sterling would have been finished before the end of the fight.

He would have quit on his stool on the 5th round anyways.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You must be a homer cuck who knows Sterling personally, or is paid to promote him. Anyone with a brain (clearly not you, retard) could see that Yan was beginning to pick Sterling apart. That little cuck bitch Sterling is gonna get FUCKED next fight.

Will you please remove yourself from all social media after that? The Earth could do without you.
God damn, boy

Yan is a patient fighter. Did not look frustrated at all. Just like in the Aldo fight he reads his opponents and slowly piles on the points,and the worst it gets for his opponents in the later rounds,where he unloads,and his opponent is tired,and he is not.

Yan was clearly frustrated going into the 4th. Sterling is bigger/longer reach and also faster.
Yan is a slow starter, losing earlier rounder is nothing new

But once he gets his read, he will finish you by 4th or 5th round.

Without the foul, Aljo will be stopped imo

Reactions: HHJ
Yan is a slow starter, losing earlier rounder is nothing new

But once he gets his read, he will finish you by 4th or 5th round.

Without the foul, Aljo will be stopped imo
Yep he is very confident in his finishing abilities once he has you figured out. He has alot of one and done weapons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back