Stephen Thompson vs Tarec Saffiedine - What do you guys think??

uchubaco

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
ufc143_01pg-horizontal.jpg

VS

Tarec-Saffiedine_Fight.jpeg

It may not make much sense Ranking-wise, because Saffiedine was the last SF champion...but it would make an awesome technical striking battle. Karate vs Karate, what do you think about this match-up??

Tarec Saffiedine has had so many opponents in the UFC so far....and fought none of them.

Um no.. I think being the last Strikeforce WW champ should get you someone a little higher up in the ranks. I don't think Ellenberger has a fight lined up so the UFC should try making that fight.

Or vs Nick if he comes back

thompson via tarec being injured before fight

That would be exciting but wonderboy should fight either high to test his wrestling or Ebersole(if he wins) for a fun striking fight.

Side note: I realized how great of a striker Thompson is last night when I thought of the brown loss. Originally it was a bad setback but with browns streak it's too bad. Steve is the only guy Matt could'bt finish or really out strike. Brown admitted to being out on his feet in that fight and if wonderboy didn't gas he wouldve finished Matt.

Um no.. I think being the last Strikeforce WW champ should get you someone a little higher up in the ranks. I don't think Ellenberger has a fight lined up so the UFC should try making that fight.

Or vs Nick if he comes back

Definitely.

There is also no good reason to dump Thompson in the deep end of the pool. People forget he literally just had his 9th professional fight last night. On great rare occasion we've seen guys get up to speed quickly - particularly high caliber grapplers like Weidman. In this case I think it makes sense to let him climb the ladder slowly since he's been playing catch-up.

Back