Stephen Thompson vs Anthony Pettis set for UFC Nashville Mar 23

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Pettis going from Showtime to NoTime.

This will be a fun end to a fun career.

<CageCoffee>
Why?
The dude who has slumped against 155lb opponents against the one who held his own against a guy who is naturally 205.

Pettis went out on a limb with this one, imo.

wow Pettis has fallen hard

Thompson by ko

Love to see guys move up and test themselves. I think Wonderboy will be a bit too much though.

The good: it's the first "karate vs. karate" fight in the UFC that I can remember in years...You have to go back to the earliest UFCs to see something like this, unless you count Bendo's TKD background vs. Pettis...but Bendo isn't in WB's league in terms of striking. Thompson, Machida, Cung Le and Pettis are probably the most "pure" traditional MA stylists in the modern UFC era. Traditional being TKD, Shotokan, San Shou, Wing Chun, etc. Anything outside of Muay Thai and Dutch style kickboxing.

The bad: it could be a slow, passive fight, with both guys waiting to counter. It's also an odd mix of weight classes since Pettis was a FW not long ago.

Two guys who like to work from range, with dynamic kicks. I'm in.

Should be a good chess match to see who can fool who first. Bigger man obviously having the edge.

Gonna be a "dominant" unanimous 30-27 (or 50-45) performance from Wonderboy.

Take out that ridiculous decision loss to Till (he didn't lose that fight lmao, it was boring as all fuck but he didn't lose it) and he's the only guy who had anything for Tyron. Hell that 2nd fight could have been scored in his favor.

If pettis somehow wins he is getting a title shot after beating the guy that arguably beat the champ

And he'll get crushed.
So what
One last big pay day vs woodley is at stake
Even if he doesn’t wanna fight woodley if he beats Thompson he can go down to 155 with some run after beating a bigger man

Most people voting Pettis are just doing so so that if he somehow he wins they have the 'I told you so' ready to go

I'd like to see betting slips

God damn , don't know if it's Rufus giving Pettis advice but you might think if Anthony going to test 170 waters (which is a whole big concern in itself), you might have him start against a natural unranked welter.
[ This isn't UFC 1]

I hope Pettis rises to the occasion and whoops his ass I really do

Back