• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Stephen Thompson Uninterested in Leon Edwards Bout; Prefers a Fight with Nick Diaz

I think his message here was actually Leon deserves a title shot not him. Saying they are from the same management group implies they have talked about it and agreed it doesn't help either of them much.
Exactly. Sherdoggers lack comprehension skills.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying. Yep, being in the same management affects his interest in fighting him in some way. WB rather have a big payday on the returning Nick Diaz.

Yeah if he can get Nick Diaz easily the biggest money fight for him.

People in same gym/same management often won't fight unless the title is on the line in someway. I am sure he would fight leon if the winner got a title shot.

I just looked at Leon Edward's record.. his biggest win is a LW RDA. lmao
So was Usman's and Colby Covington's when they got titleshots.
WB just being his usual nice guy self. He's being a friend to Edwards and saying Leon deserves a title shot instead of fighting another person below him in the ranking
That's exactly what he's saying and he has a point.
Not sure how they could promote and hype a Nate Diaz fight, WB is the nicest guy and Diaz is the biggest trash talker lol
I could see it Wonderboy going to shake his hand and Nick flipping him off. Lol but honestly I think Diaz might be over the pre fight antics mostly.

That's blatant ducking, right?

I mean... WB is "uninterested" in fighting a top contender on an 8-win streak, but would like to fight someone who retired 5 years ago.
This is ridiculous.

Leon should make an investment by taking a trip to Masvidal's gym and make a big ruckus and call him out for ducking. The publicity would help him regardless of if he got the Masvidal fight.

Nope. Since the Woodley fights I have no reason to expect anything other than him running and bouncing on his toes for 5 rounds threatening to throw something.

Leon Scott is so boring with his point fighting style and he also has no personality. No wonder noone wants to fight, such a low reward fight especially when you're coming to the end of your career and want to make money

Wb vs diaz is a bad fight.
Leon vs wb is not a good fight. Edwards can't finish thompson. He could lose and look bad. If he wins, he probably looks bad doing it either. But it's the only fight that works. Geoff neal would be fun but he's too far down. Honestly if colby wanted he could've fought leon edwards but I don't think he wants that smoke. I think he knows he could get fucked up. I'm not even a fan of Leon Edwards, at least not yet. He seems cool at times and acts like a massive prick at others, but I want to see him get his due. It's bullshit that everyone has an excuse for fighting him. As long as Thompson realizes that diaz doesn't bring him closer to the belt and he's willing to step aside for leon, I'd be cool with that. But gosh I'm not happy about this. I need to see how good leon is against the top guys. Welterweight is cheapened by this kind of nonsense.

Cut Edwards. He is a boring fuck and looks like one too. Not even fighters are interested to fight him.

Colby's best win is said lightweight and Edwards beat him far more decisively.
Maia is a bigger win at WW but Colby didn't look that good beating him either.

This is beyond a joke. Shelby or whatever the feck his name is should just pair him up and Dana should make sure it happens. End of

Wonderboy hasn’t exactly put himself in a position to pick and choose fights. A Leon W would do more for him than any other fight out there.

Thats what you get for fighting safe and winning boring decision.

I don't remember anything about Leon Edwards at this point. Over a year since he last fought and nobody gives him attention.

Such disrespect to an obviously talented fighter. Go join Corey Anderson already. Stop wasting time.

Boring fighter Leon Scott gets what he deserves

I'm surprised Wonderboy would turn that opportunity down. If he truly wants to fight for a title again, beating Edwards is the fastest way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back