Stephen or Rogan, who do you side with?

I'm with Steve.
He was giving his honest opinion.
Joe sounds like a triggered Sherdogger: ugh, I disagree and you obviously don't know shit about the sport!

Stephens was right IMO. The fight was too short to give us any answers. Joe was acting like a shill and sherdog noob.

Joe. I actually respect MMA fighters.
This. And it's kind of a logical flaw on those people's behalf.

Conor is a power puncher and one of the most dangerous guys in the sport for 2 rounds. The fact that he beat Cowboy in 40 seconds isn't an isolated incident. He beat the best FW of all time who was undefeated over a decade in 13 seconds. Cowboy's face was smashed. People who picked Conor beforehand would have predicted an outcome like this. Those picking Cerrone knew a storm would have to be weathered.

Are there guys who are better at fighting out of adversity than Cowboy? Yes. Is he a quitter? Did he fold? No. He got massacred and taken out.

This. And it's kind of a logical flaw on those people's behalf.

Conor is a power puncher and one of the most dangerous guys in the sport for 2 rounds. The fact that he beat Cowboy in 40 seconds isn't an isolated incident. He beat the best FW of all time who was undefeated over a decade in 13 seconds. Cowboy's face was smashed. People who picked Conor beforehand would have predicted an outcome like this. Those picking Cerrone knew a storm would have to be weathered.

Are there guys who are better at fighting out of adversity than Cowboy? Yes. Is he a quitter? Did he fold? No. He got massacred and taken out.

You don't understand the question, its not about how they performed, or why they performed as they did, its about whether Stephen's opinion was valid and whether Joe acted like a douche.

No side..this drama was made out of thin-air...rogan should have at least tried to look from Stephen's perspective..cerrone talked a big game but seemed very unprepared to fight

So... remember how triggered Rogan was when Dana called Florian a choke artist and quitter? How about when he called Mighty Mouse a coward?

Oh that's right, crickets from him about those poor fighters who were criticized by their (and his) boss...

Somebody who's never even stepped into a martial arts competition should never call anyone who fights a quitter or w/e SAS said. It's just not something you should do.
By this logic people should never say anything about anything. What a fun world that would be

It’s hilarious to watch sensitive mma fanboys defend rogan’s shilling on this one.

smith’s opinion was on point. It doesn’t matter if he usually covers basketball or fucking badminton.

He’s a casual mma fan and easily saw through the shilling, and told it exactly like he saw it.

As did practically everybody who watched the fight that isn’t a Conor fanboy or bias in their assessment.

Stephens gave his opinion. end of stoy

Smith absolutely mis-spoke, and tried to revise what he said after the fact.

On the broadcast he said "We didn't learn anything about Conor" which is wrong. Just flat out inaccurate. If he took nothing from that performance he shouldn't be commenting figths. There was kind of a lot to unpack for a 40 second one sided beating. Breaking someones nose and orbital with a shoulder stike is worth taking notes on. I've seen thousands of fights and I've never seen it done before let alone at that level of competition.

When he said after the fact that we didn't learn enough to say how a Khabib or Masvidal fight would go, he's 100% right. But that's not what he was getting called out for. Also if Conor and Cowboy had a 5 round war, we still wouldn't have that answer. I think a 40 second beating does more to recommend him for those fights than a drawn out war.

Also, when Rogan says Smith doesn't know shit about fighting he's 100% right. Rogan has been training and drilling and practicing with amazing fighters and coaches for years. Smith does terrible pad work one time and wants to pose as an expert because he's an ESPN personality. It's pretty bad.

Stephen 100% don't censor a man because he has a different opinion than you!!

Holy shit.

I'm finally realizing what this is all about.

Stephen A completely ruined the fake narrative Joe and the UFC were trying to push...

It's hilarious the reaction has been to attack Stephen A for not knowing enough about MMA, even though his analysis has been spot on...

Stephen A "The guy who knows nothing about MMA" is giving better and more fair minded analysis than the "experts" who were only interested in promoting Conor, and not being objective, or honest about any other possible analysis.

It's actually fucking comical.

This x100, perfectly summed up.

Stephen A was a little over the top but he wasn't wrong.

SAS all the way. This whole debacle is an embarrassing look for MMA and its fans.

By this logic people should never say anything about anything. What a fun world that would be
Not really. The logic would indicate that if somebody is doing something you've never done, you probably shouldn't INSULT or disrespect people who do it. Especially when what they're doing has their health on the line. Fighting isnt the same as being a receptionist, for example.

Neither.

Stepen A Smith probably wouldn't last much longer.

Rogan is a chill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back