• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Stephen A Smith Responds to Rogan - [Conor McGregor Enters The Chat]

Everyone has the "right" to speak on the sport. The unspoken code is complete bullshit, half the analysts have never fought. Vast majority of the media personalities have never fought. The vast majority of the fans have never fought. If people operated under this retarded code, no one would watch the sport and fighters would be out of jobs.
Everyone has the "right" to speak on the sport. The unspoken code is complete bullshit, half the analysts have never fought. Vast majority of the media personalities have never fought. The vast majority of the fans have never fought. If people operated under this retarded code, no one would watch the sport and fighters would be out of jobs.

Yeah I have always found it interesting how there is only this “code” with MMA. If an athlete in any other sport is criticized they don’t immediately resort to “well you have never played football!”

People who haven't fought are from what I've seen more tactful than to say something ridiculous like I can do better than the most prolific fighter in mma, here's my retarded Mitt work.

Trust me this is an unspoken thing.
Welcome to the mainstream sports media, do you want to be a real sport and get criticized or do you want stay in your dark rooms where you all huddle in corners talking about the "reality of figthing". Fighters need to get over it, its here to stay. It didn't push itself into MMA, MMA put itself in the mix. The only reason people were upset with Stephen A is because cowboy is a fan favorite, but he wasn't wrong.

Again... Stephen A. Smith getting hate literally just because he's Stephen A. Smith. He can come off as annoying but nothing he's saying is wrong or illogical.

Cerrone DID fold, like he folded in a bunch of other fights. Gets hurt, covers up, waits for the ref to stop the fight.

UnluckyGrippingBunting-size_restricted.gif

PhysicalThirdBream-size_restricted.gif

FinishedGleamingCavy-size_restricted.gif

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

The same sequence, over and over again.

Thank you for posting this. I’m loving all the salty Conor fans in this thread. Cowboy ain’t shit, and he was handpicked to make McG look better than he is.

Lmfao at the tool who called Rounda a once in a lifetime human. let’s stop acting like Rogan is the final word on anything mma. he’s said a lot of stupid shit as well. The only difference is one is owned by Dana White and the other is not.

Welcome to the mainstream sports media, do you want to be a real sport and get criticized or do you want stay in your dark rooms where you all huddle in corners talking about the "reality of figthing". Fighters need to get over it, its here to stay. It didn't push itself into MMA, MMA put itself in the mix. The only reason people were upset with Stephen A is because cowboy is a fan favorite, but he wasn't wrong.

Fighting has always and will always be a different kind of thing than ball sports.

Two guys beat the fuck out of each other then hug. Usually while making peanuts

One ball player talks shit to another, starts a brawl, usually while making obscene amounts of money.

Ya no way I'm agreeing with you on any of this

Lmfao at the tool who called Rounda a once in a lifetime human. let’s stop acting like Rogan is the final word on anything mma. he’s said a lot of stupid shit and he’s also beholden to Dana White’s interests

And he's a taekwondo champion with a bjj blackbelt. He's allowed to be wrong

Fighting has always and will always be a different kind of thing than ball sports.

Two guys beat the fuck out of each other then hug. Usually while making peanuts

One ball player talks shit to another, starts a brawl, usually while making obscene amounts of money.

Ya no way I'm agreeing with you on any of this
You don't have to agree, because you are simply wrong. You can talk about whatever the fuck you want. The fact that two meatheads are willing to fight for peanuts doesn't take my freedom of speech away. And when one meathead spends half his time fucking around, he shouldn't be too upset when he gets a little heat for a shitty performance. Are you a fighter? Do you have a pro record? If not, you should delete your account/stop watching the sport in solidarity with the unspoken code.

Last edited:
Whaaaa...
Stephen Smith shits on all major sports stars, it's what he's paid to do. Conor is mainstream as it gets.
It's called welcome to the big leagues, and mma fans need to get use to the the unqaualified analysts stating there opinions.

Again... Stephen A. Smith getting hate literally just because he's Stephen A. Smith. He can come off as annoying but nothing he's saying is wrong or illogical.

Cerrone DID fold, like he folded in a bunch of other fights. Gets hurt, covers up, waits for the ref to stop the fight.

UnluckyGrippingBunting-size_restricted.gif

PhysicalThirdBream-size_restricted.gif

FinishedGleamingCavy-size_restricted.gif

HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

The same sequence, over and over again.

Lucky

You don't have to agree, because you are simply wrong. You can talk about whatever the fuck you want. The fact that two meatheads are willing to fight for peanuts doesn't take my freedom of speech away. And when one meathead spends half his time fucking around, he shouldn't be to upset when he gets a little heat for a shitty performance. Are you a fighter? Do you have a pro record? If not, you should delete your account/stop watching the sport in solidarity with the unspoken code.

You are a peon. When you talk about shit it less than doesn't matter. And if you had a voice that mattered you would be accountable. But you won't ever so continue to be who you are by all means. But there is a reason why public personalities have p.r. representatives.

And there is a reason fighters have always been more or less immune to those responsibilities and still more often than not are more tactful than any other athletes considering the actual stakes.

As for what I am, none of your god damn business you fucking peon. Fuck you and fuck your mindset. Freedom of speech doesn't give you permission to be a rude ass moron, you're what's wrong with this country. Window warrior mother fucker

Joe Rogan got folded in half on this one..

You are a peon. When you talk about shit it less than doesn't matter. And if you had a voice that mattered you would be accountable. But you won't ever so continue to be who you are by all means. But there is a reason why public personalities have p.r. representatives.

And there is a reason fighters have always been more or less immune to those responsibilities and still more often than not are more tactful than any other athletes considering the actual stakes.

As for what I am, none of your god damn business you fucking peon. Fuck you and fuck your mindset. Freedom of speech doesn't give you permission to be a rude ass moron, you're what's wrong with this country. Window warrior mother fucker
Lol, you went from calm to angry real quick. What did I say that triggered you so? I'll take the easy guess and say that I was 100% correct in the fact that you have no pro experience. So why are you running around telling people they can't talk about the sport when you shouldn't be either? You hyped up this unbroken code but it now appears that you don't actually follow it. Please, if you really believe in your stupid little code, delete your account and stop watching the sport.

Lol, you went from calm to angry real quick. What did I say that triggered you so? I'll take the easy guess and say that I was 100% correct in the fact that you have no pro experience. So why are you running around telling people they can't talk about the sport when you shouldn't be either? You hyped up this unbroken code but it now appears that you don't actually follow it. Please, if you really believe in your stupid little code, delete your account and stop watching the sport.

I'm not bothered by you, I'm just telling you like it is. Take it or leave it I could care less but I'm not some bitch you get to talk over. That is all. Good luck

I'm not bothered by you, I'm just telling you like it is. Take it or leave it I could care less but I'm not some bitch you get to talk over. That is all. Good luck
You don't fight, you don't have any pro experience, you have no business to telling me anything about fighting under YOUR dumb little code. Then as soon as you get called on that you get a little upset and throw some ad homs in for good measure. You are a soft little girl that spouts ideals that you yourself don't even live up to. Just stop

You don't fight, you don't have any pro experience, you have no business to telling me anything about fighting under YOUR dumb little code. Then as soon as you get called on that you get a little upset and throw some ad homs in for good measure. You are a soft little girl that spouts ideals that you yourself don't even live up to. Just stop

I finished second in advanced grappling at the Arnold classic, I train my brother who is pro, and I've been intricately involved with many name martial artists for almost 13 years.

I don't go around flexing and bragging about my shit because that's not what martial artists do, and it would be disrespectful to the men who have taught me what I know

I finished second in advanced grappling at the Arnold classic, I train my brother who is pro, and I've been intricately involved with many name martial artists for almost 13 years.
"arnold classic" "my brother is pro" "i've been involved" sounds like you are someone with no pro experience that is breaking the unspoken code by talking out of turn. Get the fuck out of here, I only listen to professional opinions and some failed moron like you has no right to talk about fighting. It's the "unspoken code", right? Operating under your code, I should just discount everything you say immediately.

"arnold classic" "my brother is pro" "i've been involved" sounds like you are someone with no pro experience that is breaking the unspoken code by talking out of turn. Get the fuck out of here, I only listen to professional opinions and some failed moron like you has no right to talk about fighting. It's the "unspoken code", right? Operating under your code, I should just discount everything you say immediately.

Joe Rogan is a martial artist. He has a right to speak on and even be wrong in his opinion about other martial artists. His bottom line to Schaub is one of the best things one honest friend has said to another I've seen in many years. He did the right thing standing up for cowboy against a no experience loud mouth. Even Conor McGregor, who I dislike stood on that code. You just don't know what you are talking about

Joe Rogan is a martial artist. He has a right to speak on and even be wrong in his opinion about other martial artists. His bottom line to Schaub is one of the best things one honest friend has said to another I've seen in many years. He did the right thing standing up for cowboy against a no experience loud mouth. Even Conor McGregor, who I dislike stood on that code. You just don't know what you are talking about
Rogan, Schaub, Conor, none of this changes the fact that you break your own code. You aren't special, you aren't a pro, you are just a spectator like the rest of us. So if you think that spectators should stay quiet, shut the fuck up.

Back