Staying loose

pierce8468

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks on keeping your body loose, while training? I do my best not to tense up, but I just cant seem to get loose enough. Do any of you have any tricks that have worked for you?

Breathing's a biggie. More than anything, just keep going. It will come eventually.

Try taking some extra time to stretch before and after you do your workout. It will help relax the muscles and keep them limber. See if you can grab a partner to help you stretch too.

I think he's talking about staying relaxed and not tensing when he's throwing, more than muscle stiffness.

Diazepam..... or breathing.....

Staying relaxed whilst under pressure definitely requires some level of experience. The more you do it , fight, spar hard, the more you are able to relax under fire

It comes quicker for some

Confidence is a huge part of it, especially confidence in your defence

Staying relaxed whilst under pressure definitely requires some level of experience.
Confidence is a huge part of it, especially confidence in your defence

^ +1

Work on your defense, cos when you know you can deal with the incoming punches, its a lot easier to take deep breaths and relax.

I think he's talking about staying relaxed and not tensing when he's throwing, more than muscle stiffness.

That is exactly what I am talking about!

I do breathe properly, at least I think I do, or my trainer would let me know about it. I appreciate all of the replys! I quess it looks like this is something that just comes over time. so I suppose all I can do is keep it in the back of my mind to stay loose, and just keep training.

Try taking some extra time to stretch before and after you do your workout. It will help relax the muscles and keep them limber. See if you can grab a partner to help you stretch too.

Wow somehow I missed this one. This makes a lot of sence!

Back