Stay active VS sit out and wait?

Stay active. You run the risk of taking an L the more active but I still believe the overall benefit is greater. Guys waiting can sometime just burn themselves out or get injured with just solely training while waiting. It can happen otherwise going into a fight but the schedules and when to taper off helps. Stay active and stay sharp. Every fighter and their situation are different.

Ortega had injury after injury whilst he was out you goof, and he gutted his team and rebuilt it. That takes time as a fighter.
Ok?
Did I somehow insinuate that Ortega did something wrong or purposely sat out?
Or did I just state the mere fact that he sat out?
Learn how to read goof.

Ok?
Did I somehow insinuate that Ortega did something wrong or purposely sat out?
Or did I just state the mere fact that he sat out?
Learn how to read goof.
Yeah you totally did insinuate that. No mentioning of multiple set fights with KZ which were canned due to injuries and then Ortega restructuring his team in the meanwhile.

But then you have someone like Ortega who lost to the Champ, sat out for like 2 years, came back to beat a top 5 guy and is now immediately pushed to the big stage to fight for a title again (and get a TUF gig) .

So, which one is it dawg,
Stay active
Or
Sit out and wait?

you basically said it two times in a row. Do you not see it?

Yeah you totally did insinuate that. No mentioning of multiple set fights with KZ which were canned due to injuries and then Ortega restructuring his team in the meanwhile.

you basically said it two times in a row. Do you not see it?
No I didn't. I didn't blame Ortega or give any reasons as to why he sat out. I stated the fact that he sat out and the thread is about if that's beneficial or not.

No I didn't. I didn't blame Ortega or give any reasons as to why he sat out. I stated the fact that he sat out and the thread is about if that's beneficial or not.
but you cant be considered sitting out if you are injured. you are sidelined with a cause and spending time out away from training/fighting because you are injured. sitting out is more so opting not to fight when you are healthy and able to fight.

If you're a polarizing figure and have a strong personality sit out and wait.

If you're just a typical respectable fighter, stay at it

but you cant be considered sitting out if you are injured. you are sidelined with a cause and spending time out away from training/fighting because you are injured. sitting out is more so opting not to fight when you are healthy and able to fight.
Sitting out can be for an array of reasons.

If you have a bunch of hype behind you like Masvidal, then sitting out for big fights makes sense. But if you don't then staying active is typically the better option.

Which one do you think is more beneficial for the fighter nowadays?

You have guys like Holland who are always a phone call away and that keeps money in his pockets, allows him to squeeze into some FN Main Events and has helped him gain him a bit more popularity.
Or even Burns, who's made a name for himself and climbed his way to the top quickly because he was rewarded for his activity.

But then you have someone like Ortega who lost to the Champ, sat out for like 2 years, came back to beat a top 5 guy and is now immediately pushed to the big stage to fight for a title again (and get a TUF gig) .

Even Masvidal.. loses a UD , doesnt fight anyone else, just chills on Twitter for a year and he gets a rematch , headlining PPV fight.

It's a strange dynamic because it's really hard to gauge what's the better thing for your career and what Pink Goof will do.

Stay active
Or
Sit out and wait?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes the UFC and the fans dont have your best interests at heart. So you cant please everyone,and sometimes need to take a break.

You have to play THE GREAT GAME correctly. Just doing everything they tell you to do is not going to go well. You have to piss people off to stay on top. Sometimes ya gotta make it harder for the people coming to take somethin off you.

If you're not one of the guys with a loud personality like Masvidal, Colby Covington or Conor, does sitting out ever work for you?

If you're an awesome foreign fighter who doesn't speak English I'm not sure you can successfully sit out.

A bland guy like Leon Edwards tried sitting out and Dana took his ranking away from him. Didn't give it back until Leon agreed to fight unranked Khamzat.
People won't watch Colby's fights when they are free, he is not in any way in the same situation as Masvidal let alone Conor.

It's harder to deny a place in the rankings/title picture when you're active but apparently it works for some fighters.

I mean Woodley sat out forever while Robbie had wars then easily took him out afterwards.

Which one do you think is more beneficial for the fighter nowadays?

You have guys like Holland who are always a phone call away and that keeps money in his pockets, allows him to squeeze into some FN Main Events and has helped him gain him a bit more popularity.
Or even Burns, who's made a name for himself and climbed his way to the top quickly because he was rewarded for his activity.

Even Masvidal.. loses a UD , doesnt fight anyone else, just chills on Twitter for a year and he gets a rematch , headlining PPV fight.

It's a strange dynamic because it's really hard to gauge what's the better thing for your career and what Pink Goof will do.

Stay active
Or
Sit out and wait?
You got it all wrong, it has nothing to do with activity and everything to do with popularity.
If you are Joe Schmoe and noone has heard of you; fight and win as often as possible until you build a name and have leverage for title shots, big paydays, headliners, etc.
If you are Conor Mcgregor/GSP/Some other big name just win one or two and you can have anything you want. Hell you might not have to win any to get a title shot if your name is big enough.

Fort your in ring performance not good. But a chance to not make shit money and a chance for a belt for some PPv points is worth it.

mad a champion you could made almost 200k a fight.

like jones youngest champ and held a belt longer than any fighter ever more defenses and the best resume in the entire sport. And after all that a $50 million dollar pay day is disgusting by the fans.

I hope Colby for an mma dream of becoming a world champion with a 150k to show and 150k to win

the pinnacle of a world champion in mma.

Back