• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Statistical proof that Khabib was nowhere near as "dominant" against Conor as propagated

DpJk_GCW4AALbsG

It wasn't this dominant performance people claimed - and certainly not the kind that Rogan's commentary was trying to portray it as

Rogan's anti-Conor commentary was atrocious. Any time Khabib simply had Conor up against the fence or was simply on top being stalemated on the ground "OMG WHAT A MAULING"

Josh Thompson himself said he was getting scared for Khabib in that 3rd round

Both Thompson and Sonnen said they saw things from Conor that leads them to believe Conor can win a rematch (and Josh is the AKA team leader lol)

Conor actually started off the 4th round on fire too. Fuck the takedown that lead to the finish and robbed us of a great fight. Conor was well on his way to winning the 4th on the feet and likely would've had a big round 5 too

Keep in mind this was a Conor who wasn't any where near at his best. Khabib will have nothing for a 100% Conor. Laugh now. But you will see that in the rematch. I guarantee it. Mark this post down !
What does Conors load taste like?

Fixed

Only Khabib has been hospitalized for cutting weight

Only Khabib has literally almost died cutting weight

Khabib is one of the biggest weight cutters in MMA right now

Conor has already been fighting above his weight class

Now let's see Khabib at his natural weight class of 170 against Woodley, let alone move up (like Conor did) and fight at MW

Dude STFU. We saw all your "brilliant analysis" and long-winded, GIF filled posts of Conor using his "movement" and "distance control" and how it would lead to him destroying the very same Khabib you now say was just too damned big.

You're fucking pathetic.

To be perfectly fair, thread starter has a point when he says this domination isn't on par with what e.g. Fedor did to Nog.

However, it was still a domination. Conor managed to mount some offense, but nothing too serious. In fact, Khabib was a lot closer to finishing him on the feet than vice versa. As far as the ground battle goes, one shouldn't waste words. Conor had nothing for him there.

I was being sarcastic homes, mocking the Shertards. DC is now ranked P4P #1 but was a laughing, rather crying, joke last year.
<DCrying>

The fan base in MMA is the cesspool of sports, very much the "what have you done for me lately" crew.
Sorry, my sarcasm detector was apparently malfunctioning.

I already said Khabib had a dominant round 2

What I'm doing is refuting the myth that the entire fight was a "domination"

Conor himself had a dominant round 3. And round 1 was razor thin

It's funny, haters expect people to concede on facts to appease them.

Yet haters can't even give Conor any kind of credit for a competitive performance

@markg171 whats up with that my brother?

winning a round is not competitive, 2-2 rounds is competitive and Mcg only won rd 3 so stop misleading facts.

You have to give McGregor some props. I thought he would never get into the octagon again. But he went in there to get the money, knew he was going to get beaten and humiliated and did it anyway.

The cheating, though, has just completely tarnished his career. That was unnecessary. Take your beating like a man.

Well I'll go by the 10-8, the control time, the knockdown, and the submission. Family pics aren't shit. But Conor has a shiner and Khabib gave it to him meanwhile Khabib had nothing.
1. Conor was not knocked down. That is the official facts. It was only officially credited as 1 sig strike for Khabib

2. So Khabib was dominant because he gave Conor a small shiner that is not noticable. Lol.. Gsp would look beaten to shit IN WINS...and in truly dominant wins at that....

To be perfectly fair, thread starter has a point when he says this domination isn't on par with what e.g. Fedor did to Nog.

However, it was still a domination. Conor managed to mount some offense, but nothing too serious. In fact, Khabib was a lot closer to finishing him on the feet than vice versa. As far as the ground battle goes, one shouldn't waste words. Conor had nothing for him there.

You got the facts straight.

<Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat>

winning a round is not competitive, 2-2 rounds is competitive and Mcg only won rd 3 so stop misleading facts.
It was very arguably 2-2

Why does Khabib immediately get round 1 when he did nothing on top and when Conor landed more strikes in that round as well?

We get it. You went balls into Conor before this fight and after the result you had two choices.

1. Admit Khabib is the better fighter and give him his props.

2. Continue on with your shtick because you're too embarrassed and ashamed to choose option 1.

We all know what you chose.

Find help. Living with that amount of pain cannot be healthy.

Khabib, or any elite wrestler, is an awful style matchup for Conor. I could definitely see Tony submitting Khabib and then Conor beating Tony up on the feet. Styles make fights. If that happens then who is the "better fighter." That's why you can't say if A beats B then A is the better fighter, that's going into MMA math territory.

I'd say they both have pretty comparable resumes in terms of how good their wins are, but probably a slight edge to Khabib right now.

1. Conor was not knocked down. That is the official facts. It was only officially credited as 1 sig strike for Khabib

2. So Khabib was dominant because he gave Conor a small shiner that is not noticable. Lol.. Gsp would look beaten to shit IN WINS...and in truly dominant wins at that....

Maybe you can't read. Knockdown or not (and Fight Metrics failed to score the kimura as an attempt so sketchy at best) he rocked, wobbled, and stunned Conor. Nowhere did I say the shiner indicated dominance. Read it again. Nowhere did I say the shiner indicated dominance. The control time, the 10-8 round, the knockdown/wobble/stun, and the submission indicated a dominant win for Khabib.

Captain Moral Victory, Conor lost.

Yep. You can't call what Khabib did to Conor "dominant"

What you can say is that Khabib had dominant moments...but Conor had his own moments and dominantly won round 3

It was 2-1 heading into the 4th. That's not dominant by any means. Especially when Conor was landing to start the 4th too. It really looked like Conor was starting to run away with the fight until that TD

Also At no point was Conor really ever close to being finished from that punch (he popped right back up) so it's kind of pointless to bring up that Khabib "was closer to finishing"

Neither ever came close to finishing with a standing strike

In fact Conor ended up significantly outstriking Khabib on the feet statistically (only standing strikes)

It was very arguably 2-2

Why does Khabib immediately get round 1 when he did nothing on top and when Conor landed more strikes in that round as well?

Wow, scoring round 1 for Conor?

I mean, we know you don't know shit about MMA but the rules clearly say that whichever talked place longer in the round- striking vs grappling- gets weighed more heavily in judging. The majority of the round was Conor losing the grappling.

Show me any credible media outlet that gave round 1 to Conor.

You're the delusional one if you can't see that round 1 was razor thin

You have been brainwashed by Rogan's commentary. No original thought of your own

Show us any credible media outlet that gave Conor round 1.

It seemed one sided tbh. Those stats actually surprise me, doesn't matter because Conor still lost. All the people still crying about Conor grabbing gloves, the cage, the knee etc... need to seriously stfu. I could fill a thread full of every top fighter in UFC history doing the exact same shit at one point in time (GSP, DC, Silva, Jones, TJ etc..). Some of you are so sad man, Khabib won be happy.

Maybe you can't read. Knockdown or not (and Fight Metrics failed to score the kimura as an attempt so sketchy at best) he rocked, wobbled, and stunned Conor. Nowhere did I say the shiner indicated dominance. Read it again. Nowhere did I say the shiner indicated dominance. The control time, the 10-8 round, the knockdown/wobble/stun, and the submission indicated a dominant win for Khabib.

Captain Moral Victory, Conor lost.
"Control" LOL

Only a Khabib bot/Conor hater would suddenly now argue that control=domination

All the things you mentioned, pointed to a DOMINANT ROUND 2.

NOT a dominant fight

I've already covered it

<Huh2>

You really are surpassing Son Peyote as the biggest MCG nutgagger here, ts.

giphy.gif

If that's not dominance, then you are a really stubborn nuthugger.

In that sequence in the gif not a single strike landed clean. Maybe one body shot did though.

Back