Staten Islanders, where do you train?

Spites

White Belt
Reaction score
Or anyone in Brooklyn and New Jersey nearby.

I'm looking for an MMA gym to train at. I have 1 year of karate experience, and I enjoy it, but I'm looking for something more. I tried AMA fight club in Jersey, and it was unbelievably awesome, but its pretty far, about an hour one way. I'm 33 years old, I have a career as a fireman, a wife, a house, a baby. I understand that I'm not going to become a professional, but I want to train like one until my body fails me. I want to go to a place that's intense, where they do some hard sparring, but at the same time learn as much as possible. My schedule is flexible, but my time is valuable, so I'm looking for something not too far away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've heard good things about Borodin's in Brooklyn (sheepshead bay area, I believe).

I should mention that's a straight muay thai gym. I also heard about a place called fight factory which is an MMA gym in that same area. A place called Class 1 also opened up fairly recently in the park slope area, I saw a few of them at the last MT fight I was at.

Or anyone in Brooklyn and New Jersey nearby.

I'm looking for an MMA gym to train at. I have 1 year of karate experience, and I enjoy it, but I'm looking for something more. I tried AMA fight club in Jersey, and it was unbelievably awesome, but its pretty far, about an hour one way. I'm 33 years old, I have a career as a fireman, a wife, a house, a baby. I understand that I'm not going to become a professional, but I want to train like one until my body fails me. I want to go to a place that's intense, where they do some hard sparring, but at the same time learn as much as possible. My schedule is flexible, but my time is valuable, so I'm looking for something not too far away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have a recommendation for you, but that's hardcore. Good luck, man.

Thanks, I like to dive right in!

I'm gonna try Class One MMA, thanks for the recommendation.

a few places i tried out before are modernma.com in woodbridge (csw,mt,bjj) or nycbjj.com in staten island (bjj,boxing), but that was a few years ago and my schedule changed so i couldn't sign up. but i just did a trial at church street boxing in the city they got boxing, mt, bjj, wrestling and yoga some weights nyboxinggym.com

Back