Statement from Dhafir Harris, aka Dada 5000 family

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Cbr5ugNUcAA8eFW.jpg

I hope he's ok. more proof 265 weight limit is a joke. I weighed >255 at 5'11 with a 39 inch waist after working out heavy for a couple years. I would actually be a smallish MW.

I guess the fall was legit. Respect for having the courage to get in there and fight, and respect for actually trying to be professional and making the HW limit.

I hope he's ok. more proof 265 weight limit is a joke. I weighed >255 at 5'11 with a 39 inch waist after working out heavy for a couple years. I would actually be a smallish MW.

I guess the fall was legit. Respect for having the courage to get in there and fight, and respect for actually trying to be professional and making the HW limit.

How he "passed" a physical while losing 40 pounds in a month is beyond me ...

Maybe he should get in DA gym and lose DA excess weight proper and eat less shit, maybe start running like rocky balboa

This fight should have been catch-weight. That is a huge weight cut.

Did you see this?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...lowing-loss-to-kimbo-slice-223108957-mma.html

Man, the whole situation sickens me. The fight was a joke, obviously; but I didn't realize how close it came to being a really, really, unfunny joke. If Dada had died, there would have been some serious repercussions for the sport.
I must say I'm not at all a fan of these freak-show fights. People who have not had the proper training go in there and risk their lives. It's too close to the Roman gladiator days for my tastes. Yeah, yeah, I know, he's a "growed-ass man" who can make his own choices, but still...

yeah, just dont put these amateurs to fight and its fine

He was supposed to be some street fighting beast.

Did you see this?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...lowing-loss-to-kimbo-slice-223108957-mma.html

Man, the whole situation sickens me. The fight was a joke, obviously; but I didn't realize how close it came to being a really, really, unfunny joke. If Dada had died, there would have been some serious repercussions for the sport.
I must say I'm not at all a fan of these freak-show fights. People who have not had the proper training go in there and risk their lives. It's too close to the Roman gladiator days for my tastes. Yeah, yeah, I know, he's a "growed-ass man" who can make his own choices, but still...
Hes a grown ass man who has made the choice to be a grown ass thug.....

Someone else should be making decisions for him imo

Hes a grown ass man who has made the choice to be a grown ass thug.....

Someone else should be making decisions for him imo
your dog in your av, should help him out, he looks pretty gangsta..

Blame the Texas athletic commission for allowing him to fight.

Bellator got super lucky the guy didn't die or had irreversible damage done.

Your choice of words makes it sound worse than it was.

He didn't "almost die".

His heart had a comeback.

I actually feel bad for saying Dada was likely the first near death from exhaustion in pro-mma and that I was afraid he might not last the night.

I was a little too close for comfort.

The AC should be ashamed.

Complete joke, who the hell has to cut 40lbs to make the 265 cut off, horrible camp to let him get that way, should of been 285 or 275 the week of the fight. This fight was terrible and shows how far superior the UFC is to all others.

And how horrible was Tyson as a commentator? terrible, would never watch a Bellator fight with the sound on again.

Dada is a warrior, hope he gets a full recovery and goes back to kicking ass. As others have posted, there's a lot of personal responsability in dropping 18,5kg and fighting with no endurance, but I also agree there shouldn't be a weight limit in these fights at all.

I can only imagine how difficult it was for Dada to remain standing up. This news sucked. That fight was awesome, it's too bad it was tainted this way.

Back