Started 1st Boxing Class today...

It's actually a boxing/kickboxing class with some Muay Thai. I really enojyed the training. I was wondering if ya'll can help me find a good pair of gloves offline. I'm currently looking at these: Amazon.com: Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves: Sports & Outdoors. Any help would be highly appreciated, thank you very much in advance.

those should work fine for padwork and hitting the bags but you should buy a pair of nice sparring gloves later on.

Those will be OK if they don't get heavy use. Everlast products seem not to hold up so well. You might be better off looking for something on from ringside or title.

yes boxing makes a lot of fun.. until youre getting Knocked out.

Stay away from everlast
Spend a little bit extra and buy a pair of title training gloves, they'll hold up much longer

I'm going to just agree with everyone that Everlast is shit. I bought a pair of 14oz regular red gloves (the classics) by them about a year ago, and one of them is now barely useable.

you should practice TDD just as much as you practice breathing. itll help if your in a fight. and i dont mean like an mma fight, doesnt matter if your going pro. just in general.

How old are you? Remember to develop good habits by never being lazy even when sparring

I've got Twins, it's pretty durable. And yeah Everlast should be Neverlast for that matter. Enjoy!

i have Everlast High Performance Hook-and-Loop Training Gloveses in the 16 0z i use them for sparring and bagwork they are much better than the title boxing classic

they are around the same price as the ones you are looking at and can be purchased at any dicks sporting goods or sports autority store

just get a decent cheap pair of gloves to startout with you dont want a to keep the same pair over a year they get gross after a while

If you are going to buy everlast, buy the protec series gloves. they will last much longer and are greater quality. Expensive, but so worth it. Make sure you buy different gloves for mitt work, sparring and heavy bag use. You dont wear your dress shoes camping, you dont wear your sparring gloves on the bag. I like to use protec 2 heavy bag gloves...and I have multiple pairs of Cleto Reyes for mitt work as well as Everlast Mx gloves. I like using the pro fight gloves for the mitts, very comfortable.

Back