• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.3 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Everything released after Empire has been poor to average, space teddies saving the day is easily as shit as anything in the prequels or the newer trilogy.

When I saw the Ewoks celebrating the star destroyers dropping in this new one...what was their thought process- "Yeahh! Alright. Let's do it again in another twenty years!"

Not going to lie- initial impression is that I enjoyed it. Don't know about the replay value. Know there was a lot of fan service, but, right off the bat, seemed like a solid improvement over the last one.

Part of me feels like they just gave McDiarmid the ball and told him to run with it. Palps' presence alone elevated it above TLJ in the first minutes lol.
The movie was weird because I agree
Its enjoyable in spurts

But once I think about anything in this movie it's stupid.

Oh, you expected this to make sense?

Whetr did you think you are?

Trilogy as a whole feels wildly disjointed. Not a single one of those films seemed consistent with the others. Even the two JJ films felt worlds apart in my opinion. Palps out of fucking nowhere?? Don't get me wrong, it was the right move cause McDiarmid owns the shit but just- I don't know- the whole thing felt cobbled together.

I feel like if you watch VII andI IX as popocorn movies that you don't have to put much in context, you'll get some entertainment value out of there though.

Its enjoyable in spurts

Kathleen Kennedy must be hearkening back to her Spielberg days cause suddenly Jedi have ET powers whereby Ren and Rey are forever psychically linked and can also heal living beings with the Force...

Trilogy as a whole feels wildly disjointed. Not a single one of those films seemed consistent with the others. Even the two JJ films felt worlds apart in my opinion. Palps out of fucking nowhere?? Don't get me wrong, it was the right move cause McDiarmid owns the shit but just- I don't know- the whole thing felt cobbled together.

I feel like if you watch VII andI IX as popocorn movies that you don't have to put much in context, you'll get some entertainment value out of there though.
Never in my wildest dreams did u think they would make worse movies than the prequels

So bad in fact I now hold the prequels in higher regards and would rather watch em any day of the week than this new legacy destroying trash

Prequels were bad. These movies are full-on damaging

Kathleen Kennedy must be hearkening back to her Spielberg days cause suddenly Jedi have ET powers whereby Ren and Rey are forever psychically linked and can also heal living beings with the Force...
Palp talked about healing with the force

"Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death."

Its enjoyable in spurts

I just felt like it wasn't a big disappointment to me (and it could have been). TLJ kind of prepared us that it was going to be hard to go for cohesion or resolve things in a satisfying way. So, with lowered expectations, I felt this one delivered what it could. I liked Driver's performance, Daisy's, McDiarmid's presence was terrific and I liked the notion of the ancestral Sith homeland, complete with weird Druid like masses (who the hell were they? better not to ask those questions).

Knights of Ren are the most overhyped cans I've ever seen in the saga. Never got any story as to who they were and they could barely get the better of an unarmed Ren. Pure numbers game.

Palp talked about healing with the force

"Learn to know the dark side of the Force, and you will be able to save your wife from certain death."

Great point.

I just felt like it wasn't a big disappointment to me (and it could have been). TLJ kind of prepared us that it was going to be hard to go for cohesion or resolve things in a satisfying way. So, with lowered expectations, I felt this one delivered what it could. I liked Driver's performance, Daisy's, McDiarmid's presence was terrific and I liked the notion of the ancestral Sith homeland, complete with weird Druid like masses (who the hell were they? better not to ask those questions).

Knights of Ren are the most overhyped cans I've ever seen in the saga. Never got any story as to who they were and they could barely get the better of an unarmed Ren. Pure numbers game.

In 50 years someone is going to remake these movies and just strip it down to Kylo Ren and Rey, and it's going to be much better

Never in my wildest dreams did u think they would make worse movies than the prequels

So bad in fact I now hold the prequels in higher regards and would rather watch em any day of the week than this new legacy destroying trash

haha.

Phantom Menace probably got too much shit right off the bat. Pod race and Maul fight alone, and Duel of the Fates theme make it at least worth watching.

Great point.
I get ya though. It was just shoehorned into this movie. I guess we are to believe the year she had to train was enough to learn the healing powers.

Felt like they also just gave Boyega a new potential love interest in each film lol.

Also, Yoda hung out in Dagobah for years and all he had was a cabin and a swamp to his name. Where the hell does Palps in exile get the most epic fleet of star destroyers the galaxy ever seen? Do midochlorians build ships out of thin air?

This is essentially how they set up the Palp storyline in this movie:

It was always Anakin/Vader, even Lucas said that... and it was Vader who literally killed Emperor, Luke was his help... now it's irrelevant anyway since nor Anakin nor Luke are chosen ones. Disney changed that and Rey finished what they couldn't.

The only minor positive in TROS is that Kylo defeated Rey (a very unspectacular fight though).
Did they say Rey was the chosen one? Because in Rebels they say Luke i the chosen one.

Prequels at least have epic moments

What does new trilogy have? Nothing

R1 atleast had vader scene

Prequels at least have epic moments

What does new trilogy have? Nothing

R1 atleast had vader scene
Agreed. I was talking about these 3 movies last night and said the only scene in TFA that i like to rewatch is when rey calls the light saber over crylo. However, its merely a 10 second moment.

Nothing and i mean NOTHING is replayable in tlj.

Unsure if there is anything replayable in ros.

Ya have to understand, replayability matters. Wanting to watch a movie again, even scenes, is what sells. Its what sparks a passionate love for a movie. Every movie we all love are movies that we go to when we need a pick me up. Id have to say, all 3 originals have that power for me.

The prequels arent as good, but i probably replay the darth maul fight on youtube more than the other prequel fights.

I have 2 questions after seeing the movie.

Does anyone know what Mas gave Chewbacca towards the end?

And does anyone really give a shit what happens to Rey once the movie is over???
1. AIDS
2. No

Also, Yoda hung out in Dagobah for years and all he had was a cabin and a swamp to his name. Where the hell does Palps in exile get the most epic fleet of star destroyers the galaxy ever seen? Do midochlorians build ships out of thin air?

Sifo Dyas made an entire fleet in the middle of nowhere for ... reasons.

Sifo Dyas made an entire fleet in the middle of nowhere for ... reasons.

haha.

It just looks like resources come and go out of nowhere, no? In TLJ one of the bigger plotpoints is that they don't have enough fuel...that's some Star Trek concern, man- Star Wars never brought that sort of thing up. But if fuel is a concern, then who is gassing up Palps' fleet? And how much money does that cost?

I guess since he could use the Sith lightning as an EMP to kill the power on enemy ships, he can also charge them up like hybrids.

Back