• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS v.9 (Dragonlord's Review)

Apparently there was an alternate ending leaked online

7Shonpg.jpg

If they have any respect for the character of Obi-Wan, at all, it will not be his granddaughter. That would be an unforgivable betrayal.

i'm 50/50 on luke's daughter or Obi Wan's grand daughter. Not much else makes sense in the overall story.

I really can't see her being Han and Leia's daughter.

If it's Obi Wan's that would be kind of nice. It's his fault for pretty much everything. Yoda didn't want Anakin to be trained. ObiWan wouldn't back down and he got everyone killed. His daughter could be his redemption.

Update: January 7, 2016

Fans Petition for George Lucas To Direct STAR WARS: EPISODE IX

George-Lucas-Star-Wars-010716-Dragonlord.jpg

Some Star Wars fans have launched a petition to have George Lucas return to the franchise for Episode IX. Episode IX is all set to be directed by Jurassic World helmer, Colin Trevorrow.

"We have no problem with Colin Trevorrow, but he's not the right guy to direct Star Wars: Episode IX," the campaign states. "George Lucas as director of Episode IXwould be the perfect way to end this new trilogy and make an epic farewell between the Father of Star Wars and the whole universe of the galaxy far, far away."

The campaign is slow-going, at the moment. Their goal is 500 signatures, which certainly won't be enough for Disney to even click their link, but they're currently sitting at 169 signatures.

Fans Launch Petition To Bring George Lucas Back To Direct Star Wars Episode IX

Holy shit, is this for real? Jesus Christ, what a bunch of dumb fucks. Someone start a counter-petition to keep that guy the hell away from the new trilogy. Fuck me.

If it's Obi Wan's that would be kind of nice. It's his fault for pretty much everything. Yoda didn't want Anakin to be trained. ObiWan wouldn't back down and he got everyone killed. His daughter could be his redemption.
Obi-Wan never broke his vow to the Jedi order. Qui-Gonn was the one who convinced the council to train Anakin. Yoda was the doofus that had his counterpart under his nose manipulating him for decades.

If they have any respect for the character of Obi-Wan, at all, it will not be his granddaughter. That would be an unforgivable betrayal.

I don't think it would be as bad as you're saying but I also agree let Kenobis legacy stay what it is.

Although there is a clone wars episode(voyage of temptation) where Kenobi does have more than a purely platonic friendly relationship with Dutchess Satine of Mandalore. Before she dies he basically tells her he "loved her"

Obi-Wan never broke his vow to the Jedi order. Qui-Gonn was the one who convinced the council to train Anakin. Yoda was the doofus that had his counterpart under his nose manipulating him for decades.

I agree with you and Kong.

ObiWan got his redemption by setting Luke on his course and giving him some training in the force. If she is his daughter I don't think it's a huge betreyal necessarily, but I think they should leave his story be.

My money is she's Luke's daughter. Because his light saber called to her, and because it's a Star Wars film, it just makes sense. It carries on the drama of the skywalker family. But I'm not as big of fan as some on here, idk if there's another likely candidate to pick. Or idk, maybe her parents aren't important, her new family is.

In fairness, my boy Palp had mad skills.:cool:

kathleen Kennedy has said many times these "are essentially Skywalker stories"

A twist would be cool and all but I'm hoping she's Lukes daughter. Carrying on the Skywalker name.

Plus the saber calling out to her. Maybe that was to throw the audience off but it just doesn't go with what Kathleen Kennedys comments.

One thing that I'm not clear on is when Finn said that he was responsible for sanitation on the Starkiller base. Does that mean that he was trained to be both a soldier and a plumber?

I assume it's like the army bases where everyone is a trained soldier. Even the chefs and sanitation people are trained soldiers.

I'll puke if it's the offspring of Luke and Leia. Obi Wan I can deal with because he was my favorite character even after Lucas made him a joke in the prequels. It would be awesome if he was the one to bring balance to the force, even tangentially. If Kenoni found love, which trumps the force imo, then may the force be with him. There was no longer an order at that point and I hear if you hold onto you metachlorians for too long it can hurt.

i'm 50/50 on luke's daughter or Obi Wan's grand daughter. Not much else makes sense in the overall story.

I really can't see her being Han and Leia's daughter.
I think it's stretching the credibility gap to prequel levels if it's Luke and Leiahs kids.

My hope is that Leiah gets killed off camera before the next installment.

LMAO at that petition. No way Disley would let that happen. Especially considering how bitter Lucas seems to be and what kind of crap he said.

In fairness, my boy Palp had mad skills.:cool:
True. Palpatine just out smarted and out skilled them. I'm not sure it was anyone's "mistake" really. At least not 1 individual's mistake.

Besides, if the Jedi hadn't trained Anakin, I think Palpatine would have found him and trained him from the start. Which would have made him an even more dangerous Sith Lord IMO. Plus, no Luke who could turn him back to the Light Side.

I'll puke if it's the offspring of Luke and Leia. Obi Wan I can deal with because he was my favorite character even after Lucas made him a joke in the prequels. It would be awesome if he was the one to bring balance to the force, even tangentially. If Kenoni found love, which trumps the force imo, then may the force be with him. There was no longer an order at that point and I hear if you hold onto you metachlorians for too long it can hurt.
Obi did find love. His counterpart, like him, chose duty over love. This was clearly established. This is in the Disney universe, btw, and it is canon. I don't know why you think he was made a joke in the prequels. He was shown to be the quintessential light side Jedi.

I would find it much more interesting if Rey was the child of his great love's sister, but that character means nothing to people who only watch the films, and they're going to keep things in that arena if they do, indeed, give Rey a character lineage. I would prefer they didn't, but the film did feel like it strongly hinted at a connection with Luke. I'm hoping this is merely a Force-connection, or that this reveals some history about Luke we don't know, or we have seen, like a hint we didn't know was significant at the time, and as such haven't noticed, nor would we fully understand if we did.

Luke's the most likely candidate I can see, but I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going to take this. It's so predictable. There's a better story out there that won't undo the "family soap opera" appeal.

Last edited:
Obi did find love. His counterpart, like him, chose duty over love. This was clearly established. This is in the Disney universe, btw, and it is canon. I don't know why you think he was made a joke in the prequels. He was shown to be the quintessential light side Jedi.

I would find it much more interesting if Rey was the child of his great love's sister, but that character means nothing to people who only watch the films, and they're going to keep things in that arena if they do, indeed, give Rey a character lineage. I would prefer they didn't, but the film did feel like it strongly hinted at a connection with Luke. I'm hoping this is merely a Force-connection, or that this reveals some history about Luke we don't know, or we have seen, like a hint we didn't know was significant at the time, and as such haven't noticed, nor would we fully understand if we did.

Luke's the most likely candidate I can see, but I'm just not convinced that's the direction they're going to take this. It's so predictable. There's a better story out there that won't undo the "family soap opera" appeal.

I would also prefer zero lineage.
But Kenobi was made a joke in the prequels. He got lucky against Maul, abused by Dooku (while Anakin clowned him...), and, if I recall, was out fought by Greivous and had to use a blaster. Not only that but he was the comic relief. Only in taking down Anakin, which we all knew was going to happen, did he seem legit.

Wasn't Dooku supposed to be one of the greatest fighters in the galaxy though? Roughly on par with Yoda and Windu?

He also did a lot of damage to Grievous before using the blaster though. Took 2 limbs, broke his chest armor with his hands. It was a back and forth fight iirc, with both doing significant damage and nearly finishing each other.

I would also prefer zero lineage.
But Kenobi was made a joke in the prequels. He got lucky against Maul, abused by Dooku (while Anakin clowned him...), and, if I recall, was out fought by Greivous and had to use a blaster. Not only that but he was the comic relief. Only in taking down Anakin, which we all knew was going to happen, did he seem legit.
We couldn't see things more differently.

- He was a Padawan when he fought Maul, and he won. Impressive.
- Dooku was the greatest saberist in the galaxy behind Windu-- and perhaps Sidious (or a composed Anakin who destroys any force-user in history in direct combat).
- He defeated his pupil, a discomposed Anakin, who had already become the most feared warrior in the Galaxy (both as a military commander and as an individual).

But, most importantly, martial might isn't the seat of Obi-Wan's greatness. That isn't the seat of the Light Side's greatness. It isn't their focus. Peace is their focus. Absolute command of one's own spirit and character without regard to things one cannot control is the ultimate pursuit for a Jedi.

It's why they always-- ultimately-- win.

I firmly believe that Qui-Gonn would have eventually exposed Palpatine had he managed to stay alive for long enough. His approach was entirely different than that of the council which was too passive and politically correct to make any meaningful progress in uncovering the Sith Lord. Too bad he would most probably be ignored by the council due to their vanity.

I feel the opposite is true, he is a terrible director, but a good writer. Prequel movies were well written for the most part from a story arc perspective but terribly directed.

Yeah, I agree. I was just watching the behind the scenes extras for American Graffiti and even Ron Howard was saying how George didn't really give them much direction and just shot a few takes for each scene and picked the ones he liked the most in editing.

Back