• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Official Thread v.7 (Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn't hit the tauntaun? It's the biggest fucking target!

Solo_finger.png

YOU TELL THAT SON OF YOURS

The Tauntaun was his favorite "good guy", he doesn't appreciate Han yet and Chewie switched sides......

Shit homie. He-Man, Megatron and Voltron and we steady takin over the world yo. That's Voltron, the one with the lion for a head. And another lion for a hand. A third lion for the other hand. Shit, down at the feet those are lions too. What gives with the lions?

Also the best part of playing with your toys as a kid was setting them up in their base to battle.

The setting up was better than the actual battle

Shit homie. He-Man, Megatron and Voltron and we steady takin over the world yo. That's Voltron, the one with the lion for a head. And another lion for a hand. A third lion for the other hand. Shit, down at the feet those are lions too. What gives with the lions?

Shit I forgot my He Man toys also.

Also the best part of playing with your toys as a kid was setting them up in their base to battle.

The setting up was better than the actual battle

Hell yes. I had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain.

If we had YouTube and smartphone videos back then my battles would have been the stuff of legend.

Just saw it not bad.

Hell yes. I had Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain.

If we had YouTube and smartphone videos back then my battles would have been the stuff of legend.

Omg dude so did I. I also had the thundercats base.

Castle Greyskull was onof my all time favorites. But snake mountain had the net and trap door plus the microphone.

Omg dude so did I. I also had the thundercats base.

Castle Greyskull was onof my all time favorites. But snake mountain had the net and trap door plus the microphone.

You weren't pimping unless you had Stratos and Zodac.

Disappointing. Looking forward to Episode 8 though. I have faith Johnson will turn it around.

Update: December 26, 2015

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Makes Christmas History With $49.3 Million

Star-Wars-Adam-Driver-090915-Dragonlord.jpg

The continuing might of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is making for a very merry Christmas at the North American box office.

Force Awakens rocketed to $49.3 million from 4,134 theaters on Friday, blasting past the $24.6 million opening of Sherlock Holmes on Dec. 25, 2009 to secure the biggest Christmas Day gross of all time. It also raced past the $400 million mark domestically to finish the holiday with $440.4 million domestically.

Overseas, the Disney and Lucasfilm release has now earned $449.9 million for a global haul of $890.3 million. Sometime over the weekend, it will become the fastest film in history to cross $1 billion worldwide.

For the weekend, conservative estimates show Force Awakens earning $150 million-plus in North America. It's also the biggest second weekend in history (Jurassic World is the current record-holder with $106 million). Overall, Christmas Day revenue at the North American box office crossed $100 million for the first time ever; record levels are also expected for the holiday weekend, or north of $300 million.

J.J. Abrams' movie is hardly the only choice. Four new movies opened nationwide on Christmas Day — Daddy's Home, Joy, Concussion and Point Break — while Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight and Alejandro G. Inarritu's The Revenant open in select theaters.

Box Office: 'Star Wars' Makes Christmas History With $49.3M; 'Daddy's Home,' 'Joy' Strong

saw it again and it seemed a lot better the 2nd time. The theme songs hit me strong with nostalgia.

I just didn't like how ren revealed his face. If anything they couldve had rey slice through his masks giving him a scar. l also didn't like snoke looking to cgi

I'm just skipping around in the thread and noticed some talk pointing towards a showdown between Rey and Luke. What is the theory behind them squaring off? Aren't they both on the same side? Which one is going to the dark side?

I'm just skipping around in the thread and noticed some talk pointing towards a showdown between Rey and Luke. What is the theory behind them squaring off? Aren't they both on the same side? Which one is going to the dark side?

That's just complete speculation at this point. The only people who would know what's what, is Abrams and Johnson.

That's just complete speculation at this point. The only people who would know what's what, is Abrams and Johnson.

Yeah I know it's pure speculation but is there a theory for Rey and Luke being at odds?

saw it again and it seemed a lot better the 2nd time. The theme songs hit me strong with nostalgia.

I just didn't like how ren revealed his face. If anything they couldve had rey slice through his masks giving him a scar. l also didn't like snoke looking to cgi

I thought it was so much better second time around. Went from like a 7.5 to me to a high 8/possible 8.5 Rare for me to like a movie a lot more on a subsequent viewing, but this was definitely one instance.

Yeah I know it's pure speculation but is there a theory for Rey and Luke being at odds?
I see no reason for them to be at odds. Luke has already proven to overcome and defeat the temptations of the dark side when Palpatine was trying to manipulate him. Rey will become his pupil most likely. He won't let her turn like Ben did. But anything could happen really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back