• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

I could be wrong but after 3 episodes, I think they've introduced the character that's going to be Plagueis' mother, his (pre-Sid) acolyte or possibly Plagueis himself. There has to be something here that matters in the big picture
For sure it connects to Sid's cloning, Exegol & all that stuff is already very strongly suggested by what we've seen so far in this series. I've been rolling your theory around in my head a bit & it actually ties in almost point for point with the sequelz.

I'm going to assume here that Tenebrous is teh head Sith atm... (even though Plagueis is a strong possibility too)

Teh Witch Mama somehow getting an egg into the teh Zabrack... says that teh twins were either clones... or more likely a "test tube baby" with her egg being fertilized by Tenebrous & then inserted into teh Zabrack. It makes sense that Tenebrous would want his future vessel to have his DNA, just as Sid did.

4do1a3M.jpg

Tenebrous was obsessed with immortality. His life's work culminated in a very similar astral projection "spirit transfer" method like Sid used when he "died." (this is clearly where they got the idea from) I find it less likely that Teh Sith Eternal wouldn't have been doing that kind of shit for Tenebrous & Plagueis.

By very close contrast... Sid's son, who was a (strandcast) clone of Sid's... was created for Sid's spirit to occupy. That has a lot of parallelz with Tenebrous' story, & so far with these twins.

Bringing in your cool theory of Mae giving birth to a powerful force user... is also a close parallel to what happened to Sid's clone, who had a stronger child. Sid took the route of dismissing his kid because he was a force dud, but it's basically the same story of teh kid then having a stronger child. I can see Tenebrous hoping one of teh twinz were strong enough to be his vessel... as being teh backstory reasoning for their creation. However, wanting to maximize teh force potential of his future vessel... also makes sense, & so why not give it a go by impregnating her with another strong force user. (& if teh next vessel doesn't work, then we still got Mae... or we can try again... etc...) He could create an entire ongoing lineage of possible vesselz actually... all with his DNA.

You know Disney's not going to show some forced sex dungeon sort of thing... lol. Even an "arranged marriage" seems a bit drastic, for the 5' tall Mae to hook oop wit a 6' 4" Muun. We've already seen an egg transferred to another lady, & so they will likely explain it in that capacity.

The conclusion of this series, is that Mae offers herself to bear Tenebrous a child, but he tells her it will never work because...
....wait for it...​
iu

Since Tenebrous wants to avoid inbreeding, He can't fertilize teh egg of his daughter... & so is going to need another sperm doner, & this is where teh Muun comez in. Perhaps the combination of 4 force user lineage is stronger than just the 2 we have atm. Next we'll have 6 after that baby has a baby... etc.... Teh Power of 1... Teh Power of 2... Teh Power of Many!!!

I think this would be a Disney Approved explanation as to how an egg from one of the twins gets fertilized by a Muun. Obviously teh child is lovingly named Plagueis... :p It also shows how & why Plagues was obsessed with this same immortality... & by extention to Sid.

Perhaps teh series endz with Tenebrous saying "welcome to Exegul"... & a bunch of creepy scientists are busy in teh background.
Shoop Arq's evil dentist 3 .jpg

If all this is true... then why didn't Tenebrous just raise Mae & Osha on Exegul & take teh witchez out of teh equation? He needed teh twins to have a loving family that gets slaughtered, in order to squash teh light side in them so that they could then be developed as a sith. Framing teh enemy of teh sith (jedi) for said slaughter, makes perfect sense. Now Mae too hates sand~

I find this to be a very sensible direction... & is my front running theory for where this is headed.

nphQWNf.jpg

Last edited:
But they're literally just following the books. I think you're seeing girlbosses where they're not.
It's not the story itself, it's HOW they show you the story.
The way they introduce us to Juliette the genius girl mechanic, where she tightens some huge ass screw flexing and staring at the camera with contempt, her boss being incompetent and needing everything to be told to him by either Juliette or another girl engineer, people working at the generator not having a slightest idea what it is (except for 2 women!), etc.etc. I didn't read the book so I don't care if most males are shown as incompetent there as well, I still don't like it.

The pacing of the first few episodes almost lost me, but damn it did recover from the slow start and stick the landing.
It was first of its kind a drug crime drama told realistic feel with some of greatest writing in TV history. It didn't start slow per say it started as it had to

I could be wrong but after 3 episodes, I think they've introduced the character that's going to be Plagueis' mother, his (pre-Sid) acolyte or possibly Plagueis himself. There has to be something here that matters in the big picture or KK and lesbian producer chick are stupider than I thought.

If they race swap Plagueis for a diverse woman of color, this show would have completely jumped the shark.

It was first of its kind a drug crime drama told realistic feel with some of greatest writing in TV history. It didn't start slow per say it started as it had to

We can disagree on the first few eps, but in no way am I saying S1 was bad at all. It stood great on its own.

Ashoka S1 definatly felt like more of a Prolouge to another story, as stated in other threads, the whole season just seemed like its goal was to introduce the Rebels crew to live action, and get Thrawn and Ezra back to the main galaxy, it had its low points, but also brought us some cool new shit.

Still think they they didn't do Thrawn enough justice as the new Big Bad, but I'm hoping that changes.

If they race swap Plagueis for a diverse woman of color, this show would have completely jumped the shark.

Agreed and I'm hoping they don't stoop that low. But it concerns me that the circumstances of Osha/Mae's birth already jives with the arranged birth part of Plagueis' Legends origin story. And it's possible that Mother Bovril (who is already on the shortlist of one, for most likely to be the Sith informant in the coven) was the side piece needed to conceive a suitable apprentice in Plagueis. If they go that direction, they could get back on track and have Osha and Mae merge and form Devastator evil "The Man" white guy with giant peckerhead in Plagueis.

For sure it connects to Sid's cloning, Exegol & all that stuff is already very strongly suggested by what we've seen so far in this series. I've been rolling your theory around in my head a bit & it actually ties in almost point for point with the sequelz.

I'm going to assume here that Tenebrous is teh head Sith atm... (even though Plagueis is a strong possibility too)

Teh Witch Mama somehow getting an egg into the teh Zabrack... says that teh twins were either clones... or more likely a "test tube baby" with her egg being fertilized by Tenebrous & then inserted into teh Zabrack. It makes sense that Tenebrous would want his future vessel to have his DNA, just as Sid did.

4do1a3M.jpg

Tenebrous was obsessed with immortality. His life's work culminated in a very similar astral projection "spirit transfer" method like Sid used when he "died." (this is clearly where they got the idea from) I find it less likely that Teh Sith Eternal wouldn't have been doing that kind of shit for Tenebrous & Plagueis.

By very close contrast... Sid's son, who was a (strandcast) clone of Sid's... was created for Sid's spirit to occupy. That has a lot of parallelz with Tenebrous' story, & so far with these twins.

Bringing in your cool theory of Mae giving birth to a powerful force user... is also a close parallel to what happened to Sid's clone, who had a stronger child. Sid took the route of dismissing his kid because he was a force dud, but it's basically the same story of teh kid then having a stronger child. I can see Tenebrous hoping one of teh twinz were strong enough to be his vessel... as being teh backstory reasoning for their creation. However, wanting to maximize teh force potential of his future vessel... also makes sense, & so why not give it a go by impregnating her with another strong force user. (& if teh next vessel doesn't work, then we still got Mae... or we can try again... etc...) He could create an entire ongoing lineage of possible vesselz actually... all with his DNA.

You know Disney's not going to show some forced sex dungeon sort of thing... lol. Even an "arranged marriage" seems a bit drastic, for the 5' tall Mae to hook oop wit a 6' 4" Muun. We've already seen an egg transferred to another lady, & so they will likely explain it in that capacity.

The conclusion of this series, is that Mae offers herself to bear Tenebrous a child, but he tells her it will never work because...
....wait for it...​
iu

Since Tenebrous wants to avoid inbreeding, He can't fertilize teh egg of his daughter... & so is going to need another sperm doner, & this is where teh Muun comez in. Perhaps the combination of 4 force user lineage is stronger than just the 2 we have atm. Next we'll have 6 after that baby has a baby... etc.... Teh Power of 1... Teh Power of 2... Teh Power of Many!!!

I think this would be a Disney Approved explanation as to how an egg from one of the twins gets fertilized by a Muun. Obviously teh child is lovingly named Plagueis... :p It also shows how & why Plagues was obsessed with this same immortality... & by extention to Sid.

Perhaps teh series endz with Tenebrous saying "welcome to Exegul"... & a bunch of creepy scientists are busy in teh background.

If all this is true... then why didn't Tenebrous just raise Mae & Osha on Exegul & take teh witchez out of teh equation? He needed teh twins to have a loving family that gets slaughtered, in order to squash teh light side in them so that they could then be developed as a sith. Framing teh enemy of teh sith (jedi) for said slaughter, makes perfect sense. Now Mae too hates sand~

I find this to be a very sensible direction... & is my front running theory for where this is headed.

nphQWNf.jpg

This all depends how much Disney is willing to deviate from Legends/EU canon. Officially they've disavowed it but have borrowed from it in the past. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but IMO the race of Osha/Mae's IRL actress is notable. Stenberg has a (white) Danish father and African American mother. And she's noticeably lighter-skinned than Mother Jabroni (Aniseya, whatever her name is). If Disney just wanted a black female statement casting, they would have gone with a black woman with the same skin tone as boss witch chick. But it's like they're making it clear that Osha/Mae are a mix of boss witch chick and someone with lighter skin, possibly Mother Bovril or possibly someone else entirely.

But that other person doesn't have to be Tenebrous. In fact by Legends canon, Plagueis isn't related to Tenebrous by blood and that's not an issue because all Tenebrous cares about is his apprentice being strong enough in the Force to still be around when the Chosen One shows up - THAT's the guy he wants to transfer his consciousness to via maxi-chlorians.

But when Plagueis kills Tenebrous on Bal'demnic, Tenebrous' maxi-chlorians jump into Plagueis to possess him but then foresee that Plagueis himself will be killed by his own apprentice before the Chosen One shows up. They then jump out of Plagueis and spill onto the cave floor like unused spooge that will live forever with Tenebrous' consciousness without a vessel.

So all this to say I have no fookin' idea who evil whitey is that combined with boss witch chick to make Osha/Mae. I don't think they're simply clones and from the way she defers to boss witch re. their daughters, I don't believe it's Mother Bovril.

A REALLY important point that everyones ignoring is this is a multi season show . Season 1s aren't supposed to be great typically because they are introducing the characters and the plot is just getting established. Opposed to being resolved like in a movie or limited series. Famously Breaking Bads S1 was terrible. Part of why shows like Ashoka should be graded on a curve compared to your typical one off project like Kenobi. Whatever vision they have for this show is not going to be concluded in S1.

There's been multiple Disney+ shows that were billed to have multiple seasons, but years later the 2nd seasons have yet to be put in production.

She-Hulk & Kenobi immediately come to mind.

So, if this Acolyte season really had a $180 million budget, which I doubt, but even if it was a half to a third of that amount its very doubtful it'll get greenlit for a 2nd season with the extremely negative reception.

Doubt it'll pull a 'Velma.'

What’s a Velma? Velma from Scooby Doo?
There's been multiple Disney+ shows that were billed to have multiple seasons, but years later the 2nd seasons have yet to be put in production.

So, if this Acolyte season really had a $180 million budget, which I doubt, but even if it was a half to a third of that amount its very doubtful it'll get greenlit for a 2nd season with the extremely negative reception.

IIRC Kenobi was first announced as one season then changed to no commitment to future seasons.

What’s a Velma? Velma from Scooby Doo?
You haven't heard of it?

The 1st season was so horrible people complained how horrible it was and supposedly it made people curious 'just how horrible is it?' So they watching it, and that bumped up the numbers enough to warrant giving it a 2nd season... or that's the excuse

IIRC Kenobi was first announced as one season then changed to no commitment to future seasons.
I checked, and you're right, but there was a major push online, mostly from Ewan McGregor and the series's director, for additional seasons, and there were rumors from within LucasFilm they were in the early stages of pre-production of a second season before Kathleen Kennedy pulled the plug.

And in a recent interview with McGregor he was asked about season 2 and he ended his answer with "Let’s hope they do another one. Can everyone write to Disney?”

Awwwww poor Ewan....

This all depends how much Disney is willing to deviate from Legends/EU canon. Officially they've disavowed it but have borrowed from it in the past.
Legends stories are never followed to the letter. The closer the better, but hopefully any deviations to the exact details give some justice to the original story.

It's a win for EU lovers just to get their favorite character into modern canon.

I'm still waiting for sweet Mara Jade. It would be a perfect retcon to help explain why Luke was so devastated from past events... if it was her grave he was standing by when Rey met him.

In fact by Legends canon, Plagueis isn't related to Tenebrous by blood and that's not an issue because all Tenebrous cares about is his apprentice being strong enough in the Force to still be around when the Chosen One shows up - THAT's the guy he wants to transfer his consciousness to via maxi-chlorians.
I wasn't aware that was spelled out. They could make it so in modern canon.

As you mentioned though, It doesn't ultimately matter whether they're related or not... but I don't know why he wouldn't use teh strongest Sith DNA possible. Either way, it would be sweet if Mae were teh mom.

I don't think they're simply clones
Most clones to date have been raised in incubation chambers or whatever they are. Doesn't mean you can't inseminate one into a Zabrack, but to me this is spelling out something different. I'm sticking to the leader witch being the biological egg doner for now. The girls gleefully called her "Mama"... not "mother" like her title is & like they addressed the zabrack mother.

Fun topic though & I'm super intersted to see how this playz out.

But when Plagueis kills Tenebrous on Bal'demnic, Tenebrous' maxi-chlorians jump into Plagueis to possess him but then foresee that Plagueis himself will be killed by his own apprentice before the Chosen One shows up. They then jump out of Plagueis and spill onto the cave floor like unused spooge that will live forever with Tenebrous' consciousness without a vessel.
The whole idea was to jump from Plagueis into teh chosen one... so why would Tenebrous not be able to jump from Plagueis to Sid first?

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that was spelled out. They could make it so in modern canon.

As you mentioned though, It doesn't ultimately matter whether they're related or not... but I don't know why he wouldn't use teh strongest Sith DNA possible.

According to the Legends canon in the link I posted, Tenebrous used his superior Sith crossbow skills and hacking skills to determine that a suitable apprentice would be born from the designated Sith side piece chick and banking executive Caar Damask, who while they were B-level force sensitives, apparently had suitable DNA when combined.

Most clones to date have been raised in incubation chambers or whatever they are. Doesn't mean you can't inseminate one into a Zabrack, but to me this is spelling out something different. I'm sticking to the leader witch being the biological egg doner for now. The girls gleefully called her "Mama"... not "mother" like her title is & like they addressed the zabrack mother.

From what we saw in the 3rd episode, the girls were definitely closer to boss witch though that could be for a number of reasons. First off, mother Bovril looks like Satan and is kind of a bitch. She also seemed more interested in keeping the girls from the jedi than in their well being. At one point in the episode, she also looks off to the side and exchanges glances with a dark figure standing on a balcony that is probably some kind of Sith messenger. Boss witch acts more like a concerned mother.

But their spat where mother Bovril says "I carried them" to which boss witch retorts "I created them" and then Bovril states the jedi wouldn't like how they were created. Had they come from boss witch's donor eggs, she simply would have said "they're my kids" and there wouldn't be anything nefarious about how they were created. The dialogue implies she used nightsister magic and did some secret shit.

The whole idea was to jump from Plagueis into teh chosen one... so why would Tenebrous not be able to jump from Plagueis to Sid first?

I thought the same but Legends canon (again in the link I posted above) apparently has Tenebrous rage quitting when he finds out:

"It was then that Plagueis had the impression of hearing the Force whisper to him that his moment had come to claim his stake to the dark side, and lost no time in contemplation—he betrayed his master by bringing the huge slabs of stone down on him using the Force. The rockfall, however, also buried their ship, trapping them both. Racing to Tenebrous's side, Plagueis tried to comfort his Master. The Bith went along with his apprentice's charade, and conferred the mantle of Sith Master to him. Plagueis, accepting responsibility for his action, informed Tenebrous that his death would mark the end of the Rule of Two, and that he would escape the grotto even without the ship; he then broke the Bith's neck, killing him.[1]

Both Plagueis and Tenebrous had waited a long time for that moment—the latter had hoped that his apprentice would have made his move years earlier, and was happy to finally be allowed the chance to implement his secret scheme, while the former had wanted to carry the Grand Plan to completion alone, without being burdened with the formalities of the Banite system. As Plagueis reached out in the Force to study Tenebrous's dying midi-chlorians, the maxi-chlorians carrying the Bith's intelligence slipped out of his body undetected and infected a wound on the Muun's lower back, caused by a rock or some other projectile. As the maxi-chlorian virus propagated inside Plagueis's cells, Tenebrous accessed his apprentice's powers of foresight, the powers he had had to give up himself in order to code his intelligence into the retrovirus. What he witnessed horrified him: instead of providing access to the Chosen One, Darth Plagueis died at the hands of his own apprentice, "the shadow." After the retrovirus completed the task it had been engineered for, the infection of all the cells in Plagueis's body, the Muun Dark Lord lost his powers of foresight. Tenebrous, after slipping out of his apprentice's body in panic, remained trapped as a disembodied essence in the cave.[4]"

You haven't heard of it?

The 1st season was so horrible people complained how horrible it was and supposedly it made people curious 'just how horrible is it?' So they watching it, and that bumped up the numbers enough to warrant giving it a 2nd season... or that's the excuse

They needed a 2nd season because muh... power of two!! Velma has a 1.6 rating on IMDb which is still higher than Chapter 3 of Finding the Asshole.

They needed a 2nd season because muh... power of two!! Velma has a 1.6 rating on IMDb which is still higher than Chapter 3 of Finding the Asshole.

Which is like comparing diahrea excretions from the body.

Back