• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

There's no one who's grown up with non-binary and all that, that stuff is really recent. Younger millennials would be in their upper 20s or 30s by meow. I know plenty of people who aren't right leaning who don't like Disney SW for the most part.

The ST selling well doesn't surprise me, it was very anticipated and though TFA had a warm reception, it's looked back upon as mediocre. TLJ had the momentum of TFA and people looking forward to getting questions answered.

Andor was an unheralded character from Rogue One, even I didn't give a shit about him till I watched the show. The others are known and popular fixtures within Star Wars and even I was more interested in those shows at first because of that than I was Andor which may explain the numbers.

Most people don't like the ST. And Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan were pretty widely disliked even though you can attribute these being movies converted to a TV series. The video games have been more an EA thing with EA setting that famous reddit record.

The disagreement is more about the other Disney star wars projects. There are people who don't like Disney star wars who aren't right wing but the influencers speaking to that perspective are pretty universially right wing.

This shit is fucking terrible. I feel like people just WANT it to be good so they're overlooking just how bad it really is. I dunno I just can't fathom how someone watches these episodes and thinks "wow this is really adding to the franchise"
I legitimately enjoy it.
l@nd0

They've only introduced the backstory at this point, so it seems way too early to dismiss it imo. I feel like a lot of things people are attributing to "bad story telling" actually has a more sinister root. (evil twin wanting to kill her sister seems like possession, I think it was an underlying plot to burn the place down prior to these events, & likely by the person who tipped of teh Jedi to begin with... etc...)

I feel like this is an extremely rich time period which is the origin of the entire Skywalker saga & I'm completely fascinated by it.

While the storytelling is a little clunky to me, I don't feel it's as clunky as you do. The few retractable things that took me out of the story are easy enough to overlook. (no movie is perfect)

I'm anxiously anticipating we will get some very deep questions answered.

Last edited:
There are people who don't like Disney star wars who aren't right wing but the influencers speaking to that perspective are pretty universially right wing.

Isn't that just because when left wing influencers speak out against this kind of stuff they get death threats and end up quiting?

Isn't that just because when left wing influencers speak out against this kind of stuff they get death threats and end up quiting?

Wouldn't surprise me but I have never seen that lady in my life.

I remember Gear Metal Solid made a list of 10 influencers he was talking about. I know like half of them. But there is a general culture. The types that referred to themselves as the "fandom menace".

Oh this is actually one of the best star wars youtuber. Treats the star wars galaxy like its real and its the news lol.

And no because I think the chosen one prophecy was based on what Anakin would do more than him being space jesus. Its not saying hes the ONLY immaculate conception and that this is a one time thing that isn't otherwise possible. Its stating that someone who was made via immaculate conception is going to bring balance to the force.

Its not saying hes the ONLY immaculate conception and that this is a one time thing that isn't otherwise possible. Its stating that someone who was made via immaculate conception is going to bring balance to the force.
...and imaculate conception is just a theory, that doesn't really make sense with one witch carrying teh twins, while the other witch is teh egg doner. It looks more like cloning in that regard.

Perhaps an attempt to give her a vessel to transfer her essence to prior to death.

Oh this is actually one of the best star wars youtuber. Treats the star wars galaxy like its real and its the news lol.

And no because I think the chosen one prophecy was based on what Anakin would do more than him being space jesus. Its not saying hes the ONLY immaculate conception and that this is a one time thing that isn't otherwise possible. Its stating that someone who was made via immaculate conception is going to bring balance to the force.

I mean, it feels like whatever process made the twins is profoundly different than Anakin. The twins were made by someone on purpose, possibly using some sort of dark force powers or maybe even cloning. Anakin wasn't made by a person using the force, he was made by the force.

The idea that because in neither case was there an actual father doesn't mean the process was very similar.

I'm still kind of predicting Plagueis is around and the witches used some sort of Force power that he's going to study and utilize to extend his own lifespan.

I mean, it feels like whatever process made the twins is profoundly different than Anakin. The twins were made by someone on purpose, possibly using some sort of dark force powers or maybe even cloning. Anakin wasn't made by a person using the force, he was made by the force.

The idea that because in neither case was there an actual father doesn't mean the process was very similar.

I'm still kind of predicting Plagueis is around and the witches used some sort of Force power that he's going to study and utilize to extend his own lifespan.

They are under no obligation to use the legend ages for Plageuis and Tenebrious which are not canon and which we are using in absence of any canon info. But if the show is 132 BBY it is far more likely Tenebrious is the one involved. They could go with Plageuis being older in Disney canon then legends but the presence of a different(presumably) Sith apprentice suggests that apprentice dies(at some point) and Plageuis enters the picture afterwards.

Tenebrious in legends is a very similar character to Plageuis in terms of his main focus being manipulating midi chlorians and trying to become immortal.

Last edited:
I remember Gear Metal Solid made a list of 10 influencers he was talking about.

Wasn't me.

I've never made a list of 'influencers.'

Around 2017 & 2018 I made hundreds of polls in P&M for women in their Primes, and the overall rankings are now in the Archives.

Wasn't me.

I've never made a list of 'influencers.'

Around 2017 & 2018 I made hundreds of polls in P&M for women in their Primes, and the overall rankings are now in the Archives.

My bad. It was someone else with a similar perspective.

That sounds wonderful but extremley random.

real talk though, why can’t Star Wars be gay sometimes?
It totally could. Gay people exist. But let's give them the representation they have in real life. What is happening now is it seems like every property Disney touches has to have forced diversity. Which makes sense based on who is writing and creating the content. The largest issue is they actually are not good. And one reason is they have become paint by numbers DEI---Look at The Marvels and Madame Web. Let's do girl power but ALSO make sure each of the girls is a different race! Yay....It is laughable at this point. They checked every diversity box but no quality content boxes.

It totally could. Gay people exist. But let's give them the representation they have in real life. What is happening now is it seems like every property Disney touches has to have forced diversity. Which makes sense based on who is writing and creating the content. The largest issue is they actually are not good. And one reason is they have become paint by numbers DEI---Look at The Marvels and Madame Web. Let's do girl power but ALSO make sure each of the girls is a different race! Yay....It is laughable at this point. They checked every diversity box but no quality content boxes.

Sticking to Star Wars I have no problem with the amount of diversity in the new content. I actually thought the sequel trilogy was cast well. I just don't like the politics bleeding into the plot (girlboss, etc.)

ANDOR is filled with so-called diversity, from ethnic background & skin pigmentation to gender, & no one cares, because it's fucking great.

Just like no one cared the ALIEN sci-fi action movie franchise was helmed by a leading chick, because it fucking rocked.

Meanwhile, this shit is garbage, & so it gets called out by most Star Wars fans for what it is, & for where it belongs.

new-hope-garbage-compactor.jpg

Everyone is getting hung up on the fact that this show kind of sucks so far but isn't thinking about the big picture. You know what else kinda sucked? BOBF, OWK and Ahsoka. But those all had redeeming aspects in Mando episodes + Tusken scenes, Ewan and Hayden scenes and badass Kenobi vs. Vader fight, and Thrawn + Baylan + Shin 2 hottie. So far this show is NOT worse than the worst parts of BOBF and Ahsoka. If I am wrong when season wraps I will eat my words but I refuse to believe KK and lesbian producer chick are stupid enough to make a show this fucking bad that DOESN'T at least leave us with some epic mic drop shit.

We know Legends may or may not be in Disney canon, but by Plagueis' bio, he was conceived via arranged birth between a banking magnate named Damask and a "Force-sensitive Muun—a lower-caste female conscripted as a disciple, for she was not strong enough in the Force to be considered for apprenticeship. Tenebrous, using Bith scientific methods, had predicted that the offspring of Damask and his disciple would be strong in the Force. For this purpose, he tasked his Muun disciple to seduce Caar Damask and bear him a child."

We know that Mae is proficient enough in the Force to perform parlor tricks and be a big deal at her local strip club, but she also kinda sucks and can't even take out a slumbering, levitating jedi in self-imposed time out. But maybe she has potential. I think mysterious Bane helmet bad guy is Tenebrous and Mae will become the (race-swapped from Muun) mother of Plagueis.

Last edited:
ANDOR is filled with so-called diversity, from ethnic background & skin pigmentation to gender, & no one cares, because it's fucking great.
one Mexican actor & one Puerto Rican actor* in the main cast = filled w/ diversity?

Last edited:
Back