• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Star War Celebration Official Sherdog live streaming thread!

Been low activity for a few days and even missed them fights and I sure as heck didn't get any notifications from this place. I left it with 12 pages and it's at 26 now (by my settings) and sure as heck didn't miss much in terms of relevant content to the initial thread purpose and point.

I didn't like nothing, there is nothing to "LIKE".

This isn't okay, this isn't cool and it does no service to any SW fan out here or anyone for that matter. This has more pages of non relevant posts, of arguing, of semantics, of toxicity on both sides then the actual Celebration of fandom and goodies we have received.

I believe this has to stop, please be grown ups and let it end if you have more to say to each other please do so in private this thread isn't the appropriate place for such things. Imagine a random casual sherdoger that sees this title and likes SW and decides to click around in this thread and sees this, like for real now enough is enough this is not productive one bit and we can do better.

You're not wrong bud

If any further bickering is needed I did make this OT Star wars thread a while back

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ot-star-wars-chat.3868407/

Any further trash can be deposited there if needed

@Myrddin Wild @Cuel And Lewk & @ anyone else

Why Star Wars has the following it does is beyond me. They're good movies, but there is much better Sci-Fi out there imo. To each their own though
much better perhaps but nowhere near ENOUGH ... I've not only seen most of the major sci fi movies and TV series but I've read many of the novels too, easily consumed over 40 star wars ones, many warhammer 40k ones, the Rama series, The Culture series etc. EDIT: Adding that I don't just watch mainstream sci fi, I've trawled lists of low budget ones too to find stuff worth watching.

Add that to all the other stuff I watch or read and I still don't have enough. I'm not even 40 yet lol.

Last edited:
I haven’t been in here for awhile now

I was at Celebration and it was an amazing event. I shared my pics with Wildo to share in this thread, had no clue that it went sour

I respect all of your opinions and hopefully you respect mine

Looking forward to the conclusion of the Skywalker saga. And KK says Knights of the Old Republic is being discussed and developed so that’s an awesome direction to go, from the dudes who do Game of Thrones

Social media posts about SW Celebration:

Why you guys feel about Ewoks ? fun, scary, outdated ? any chances we get to see them done in current times in a modern way.

Oh man did @Ottawaguy also went to Celebration and didn't tell us ?

For the @Clippy

She was cool I hope we get to see more of a her character.. a Disney+ series to continue that overall story-line would be interesting.

Click play and don't step on a Lego

D4ZF52vWkAEslOQ.jpg

Why you guys feel about Ewoks ? fun, scary, outdated ? any chances we get to see them done in current times in a modern way.

For the @Clippy

She was cool I hope we get to see more of a her character.. a Disney+ series to continue that overall story-line would be interesting.

D4ZF52vWkAEslOQ.jpg

That LEGO Luke was amazing, not sure if Wildo shared the pic I took of it. It was life size too

And the LEGO of the stormtrooper head was just amazing, made up of over 34 thousand smaller stormtrooper legos

Any Star Wars fans or if you’re kid is a fan, go to a Celebration, it’s such a great, positive experience. You and your kid will love it

For the @Clippy

D4ZF52vWkAEslOQ.jpg

<DCWhoa>

So much good stuff there One.

Personally, I love the Ewoks, a bunch of cute little teddy bears took on The Empire and kicked their butt what's not to love? the scene in ROTJ where the Ewok tries to help his buddy who has just been blown up always hits me right in the feelz.

<DCrying>

Bring them back!

<DCWhoa>

So much good stuff there One.

Personally, I love the Ewoks, a bunch of cute little teddy bears took on The Empire and kicked their butt what's not to love? the scene in ROTJ where the Ewok tries to help his buddy who has just been blown up always hits me right in the feelz.

<DCrying>

Bring them back!
I’m sure you know already but for those who don’t, originally Lucas wanted the Wookies to take down the Empire. He wanted a primitive society but because Chewie had been exposed to tech, he decided to come up with a new character who hadn’t been exposed to tech, cut the wookies in half and came up with Ewoks

I’m sure you know already but for those who don’t, originally Lucas wanted the Wookies to take down the Empire. He wanted a primitive society but because Chewie had been exposed to tech, he decided to come up with a new character who hadn’t been exposed to tech, cut the wookies in half and came up with Ewoks

Lucas talked about that in the tv show Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga. The battle for Endor was supposed to be an allegory of what had happened in Vietnam.

I also read it was about money too and it would have been too expensive and so they settled on creating the Ewoks. It would have been pretty awesome if it had been Wookies though.

Lucas talked about that in the tv show Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga. The battle for Endor was supposed to be an allegory of what had happened in Vietnam.

I also read it was about money too and it would have been too expensive and so they settled on creating the Ewoks. It would have been pretty awesome if it had been Wookies though.
Great info, I honestly had no clue about the Vietnam connection, pretty cool

And the LEGO of the stormtrooper head was just amazing, made up of over 34 thousand smaller stormtrooper legos

NimbleFrailGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

That's awesome, did they say how long it took to make?

Personally, I love the Ewoks, a bunch of cute little teddy bears took on The Empire and kicked their butt what's not to love?

Never got their cute act/stuff to me they are monsters with a nice wrapper on.. they eat you while acting all cute so one big heck no from me.

They are oriented at kids just like Porgs, that cute factor but deep down ish.. at least Porgs don't eat humans.

Also they are outdated and kinda campy by modern standards:

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F774176%252F13ee8e5f-caf0-4b38-a68c-5cd5df2bbd38.jpg%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252890%2529.jpg

tumblr_lwhbhd6Vyt1r7cysao1_500.gif

Never got their cute act/stuff to me they are monsters with a nice wrapper on.. they eat you while acting all cute so one big heck no from me.

They are oriented at kids just like Porgs, that cute factor but deep down ish.. at least Porgs don't eat humans.

Also they are outdated and kinda campy by modern standards:

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F774176%252F13ee8e5f-caf0-4b38-a68c-5cd5df2bbd38.jpg%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252890%2529.jpg

tumblr_lwhbhd6Vyt1r7cysao1_500.gif

'to me they are monsters with a nice wrapper on' <Eek2.0>

Hey, people eat Porgs so it's fair game imo. :D

Caravan of Courage is a masterpiece and I've been telling everyone to get drunk and watch it for ages. ;)

250px-Caravan_bg.jpeg

'to me they are monsters with a nice wrapper on' <Eek2.0>

Hey, people eat Porgs so it's fair game imo. :D

Caravan of Courage is a masterpiece and I've been telling everyone to get drunk and watch it for ages. ;)

250px-Caravan_bg.jpeg
'Star cruiser.....crash crash crash!'

Back