Star Trek: Discovery V4.0 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt.cdmr Burnham on her relation to Vulcan. She is the first human to go to the Vulcan learning center as a child and the Vulcan science academy.

I have the Vulcan conflict in my life from Sarek and Amanda so there’s always going to be that inner conflict with me. But I think it’s relatable because we all have some kind of inner conflict going on—who we are versus who we present ourselves to be. There’s a lot to be discovered.

I really really want this show to be good. I have a sense of what it could be after all that we know. To me it seems like Captain Lorca and the Discovery will be the bad guys on the show. The Shenzhou will hunt them in enemy territory. At least that is my gut feeling. I hope I am wrong because while I absolutely support the progressive agenda Star Trek has Always carried, it should not be as blatant as women = good, men = bad. We will see.

Update: June 27, 2017

Jonathan Frakes to Direct an Episode of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY

Jonathan Frakes returning to the Star Trek universe? Make it so!

The major luminary from the Trek franchise will direct an episode of the CBS All Access show’s first season.

Frakes, of course, played Commander William T. Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation and in several Trek films.

“Jonathan Frakes will rejoin the Trek world with Discovery,” writer-producer Gretchen J. Berg told EW. “He’s a fantastic guy and great director.”

Added fellow showrunner Aaron Harberts: “Our cast is dying to work with him.”

Frakes is very experienced behind the camera, having helmed several episodes of TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager, as well as the Trek films First Contact and Insurrection. In addition, he’s directed episodes of several non-Trek titles such as Leverage, Burn Notice, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Berg and Harberts previously worked with Frakes when he directed five episodes of CBS’ Roswell.

Discovery stars Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) as a brilliant Starfleet First Officer — the first human educated on Vulcan — who’s forced to make an impossibly difficult decision which impacts the entire Federation. The series also stars Michelle Yeoh, Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones and Anthony Rapp.

Star Trek: Discovery scoop: Jonathan Frakes joins as director

Yes! Hope he will do more in later seasons.

Update: June 27, 2017

Jonathan Frakes to Direct an Episode of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY

Jonathan Frakes returning to the Star Trek universe? Make it so!

The major luminary from the Trek franchise will direct an episode of the CBS All Access show’s first season.

Frakes, of course, played Commander William T. Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation and in several Trek films.

“Jonathan Frakes will rejoin the Trek world with Discovery,” writer-producer Gretchen J. Berg told EW. “He’s a fantastic guy and great director.”

Added fellow showrunner Aaron Harberts: “Our cast is dying to work with him.”

Frakes is very experienced behind the camera, having helmed several episodes of TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager, as well as the Trek films First Contact and Insurrection. In addition, he’s directed episodes of several non-Trek titles such as Leverage, Burn Notice, and NCIS: Los Angeles. Berg and Harberts previously worked with Frakes when he directed five episodes of CBS’ Roswell.

Discovery stars Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) as a brilliant Starfleet First Officer — the first human educated on Vulcan — who’s forced to make an impossibly difficult decision which impacts the entire Federation. The series also stars Michelle Yeoh, Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones and Anthony Rapp.

Star Trek: Discovery scoop: Jonathan Frakes joins as director
Great news, and honestly it would be crazy not to have him. directing a new trek series. Not only does he know trek, but he is still a pretty active TV director. Hopefully the other prominent trek directors(Roxanne Dawson, Robert Duncan Mcneil) also get a shot in the chair.

Seems like Burnham first serves in the Discovery, then makes a decision connected to an event mentioned in TOS, then ends up on the Discovery.

So I'm watching DS9, as I love it and have seen the whole series multiple times, and noticed that Miles always volunteers for suicide missions even though he's married. I think it's because Kieko is such a bitch and he's just trying to escape. It's a solid theory.

I wish they would do a Star Trek series that was about Garrack's time in the Obsidian Order, starting with Tain's rise to the top and culminating in the events that lead to Garrack's exile. That would be awesome.

I wish they would do a Star Trek series that was about Garrack's time in the Obsidian Order, starting with Tain's rise to the top and culminating in the events that lead to Garrack's exile. That would be awesome.
In the books, Garek is now president of Cardassia, and is constantly at battle with the Obsidian order, and trying to reform Cardassia. But as a former Agent for the Obsidian order, it makes for quite a political drama. Its like house of cards in space!

In the books, Garek is now president of Cardassia, and is constantly at battle with the Obsidian order, and trying to reform Cardassia. But as a former Agent for the Obsidian order, it makes for quite a political drama. Its like house of cards in space!
That's ridiculous. Are the books even written by the people who wrote the show, or is it different writers? That just sounds like too much. I suppose Bashir is the head of Star Fleet medical and Section 31 in the books too.l, after he wins the Carrington Award of course.

What book(s) are that. ?

He has has a pretty good story in "The Fall" mini series. They talk about him in the new DS9 books, and also the new Dr.Bashir Section 31 books.
I just don't like reading fiction, especially if it isn't canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back