Star Jiujitsu: Yousef Alirezaei

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by cazzo, Jan 17, 2006.

1. cazzo

cazzo Green Belt

Has anyone ever trained at this club? I know the guy is a great wrestler as well as a bjj black belt. I just want to hear any feedback from people that have actually trained with him or at this club.

Thank you

ps: The search function keeps saying disabled when I try to use it.

2. Zoti

Zoti Brown Belt

Yousef is a great guy. Top wrestler and a BJJ black belt. There is a lot of selection in Dallas for BJJ. If you select Yousef you won't be sorry.

BTW, where do you live ?

3. cazzo

cazzo Green Belt

North Garland. Right on George Bush... I actually met him once about three years ago at Carlos Machado's school. I haven't been able to train since then. He was a nice guy, I just wanted to hear some opinions about his school. Thanks

4. Boxeo

Boxeo Yellow Belt

Yousef is a great guy. I was at his last tournament. He allowed wristlocks :D

5. b0b

b0b Banned Banned

It is Star Jiu Jitsu. The guy is world class @ wrestling and BJJ black belt. If their schedule fit mine better, I would train there. You can't really go wrong in the DFW area.

6. Diligent

Diligent Blue Belt

I train BJJ and wrestling takedowns at Star Jiu-Jitsu. I've been there for about 3 months and am loving it. Coach Yousef ... there is not enough I can say about how great of a coach he is. He is also very nice, very fair, and very patient. I'm very glad that I chose to go there. I just found out a couple of days ago that he was a Sambo world champion, too! ... I knew he did Sambo, but I didn't know he was a WORLD champion! haha

EDIT: btw, it's STAR Jiu-Jitsu ... not start jiu-jitsu ....

7. cazzo

cazzo Green Belt

Thank you for the feedback. Once my work schedule gets ironed out, I think I will go there. What I like about it is the wrestling aspect. I am a blue belt (although I haven't trained for three years), and even when I was training three-fours times a week, I would rate my take down ability/take down defense, as extremely low. I think that the addition of wrestling is an important aspect. (At least to me).