Stanislav Nedkov drops to 185, faces Tom Watson at UFC on Fuel 7

BionicCommando

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Per MMAJunkie:

A middleweight bout between Tom Watson (15-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Stanislav Nedkov (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to February's UFC on FUEL TV 7 card.

UFC officials recently announced the bout.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at London's Wembley Arena. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/ufc-on-fuel-tv-7-adds-tom-watson-vs-stanislav-nedkov

I think this is a really winnable fight for Watson to be honest.

Interesting. Hope Nedkov will be mindful of his conditionning because he gassed HARD in his last fight coming in the 3rd round...now with the cut it could be even worse.

I like it. Watson's going down via KO in the first.

He already had cardio issues at LHW, doing a hard cut to MW def wont help that problem

where did they get that nedkov is 1-0 in the ufc?

i guess they don't care about the nc.

He already had cardio issues at LHW, doing a hard cut to MW def wont help that problem

This

Plus, Nedkov isn't that great of a fighter, it boggles my mind the way people have built him up.

smart move for nedkov. was getting dwarfed by the bigger guys at 205

Interesting. Hope Nedkov will be mindful of his conditionning because he gassed HARD in his last fight coming in the 3rd round...now with the cut it could be even worse.

He gassed trying to finish, think it was a bit of an adrenaline dump tbh.

Been thinking 185 was a better weight for him since the first time I saw him. He should do well there but is still a brawler and so any really skillful striker will pick him a apart

I would have cares about this a year ago, but since coming to the UFC Stan is one of the sloppiest fighters I've ever seen signed.

How about the possibility that his cardio issues come from the fact that he carried too much muscle for his frame?
It's obvious that that he will not keep the same body and just cut extra 15lb of water weight. He will slim down and that may actually help his cardio.

stak.jpg

Good move and an interestng addition at 185lbs....not saying Nedkov's winning any titles but his wrestling, strength and punchng power (sloppy but he seems to have a heavy pair of hands) could be a tough task for many middleweights. He's gonna out-tough Watson for three rounds IMO, boring but effective UD.

Back