Standing submissions

muaytao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
so me and my friends got into a debate after I call a up and coming hype train ufc fighter a bum...
Long story short he challenge me to sub him standing. What are my options? I know guillotine is there and he’s probably expecting that. I was thinking arm crank (see Jon Jones armcrank) I’m only a 1 year white belt but my friend doesn’t train but probably got 50lbs+ on me. It will be standing.

Distract him by attacking the arms then ninja your way to his back and go for a standing rnc

so me and my friends got into a debate after I call a up and coming hype train ufc fighter a bum...
Long story short he challenge me to sub him standing. What are my options? I know guillotine is there and he’s probably expecting that. I was thinking arm crank (see Jon Jones armcrank) I’m only a 1 year white belt but my friend doesn’t train but probably got 50lbs+ on me. It will be standing.

kimura

Do this:
Standing-rare-naked-choke-UFC.gif

tenor.gif

Let him bear hug you and kimura sakuraba style...

RNC. Guillotine. Kimura. Wristlock. No gi baseball bat choke.

Do you know any wrist locks or arm pins..?

Are you trained in any grappling arts hard to give advice without knowing your level

Standing submissions still have the problem of needing to get close and actually touch your opponent; if you want to show him the real power of jiu-jitsu, you need to get him with the long range Ki submissions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back