Stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphony-x

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone tran south paw and 'normal' stance? or just one mainly?

and what would be the benefits for training both or just one?

thanks

Mods, I think yall should make a sticky for the "Should I train southpaw or orthodox?" threads. No offense to you TS, but everytime a guy starts training, he wonders which stance he should train instead of doing what his trainer tells him. I did the same damn thing.

Left handed fighters they're the worst. They try to come in there with that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws!

oh no, i've beenb training for two years, i dont want to know which 1, im asking what everyone else does and their opinions

Mods, I think yall should make a sticky for the "Should I train southpaw or orthodox?" threads. No offense to you TS, but everytime a guy starts training, he wonders which stance he should train instead of doing what his trainer tells him. I did the same damn thing.

Agreed. I've got a couple things on my to-do list for the stickies...keep the suggestions coming

I personally train both. Being a Karate and kickboxing fighter, I just do whatever, let it flow, you know. If you are a brawler or a boxer, stick with one. 90% of my swithching comes from kicking with a rear leg then posting it in front instead of pulling it back. I may or may not do this, depending on how I feel about mixing it up.

My boxing though is strickly orthodox. My jab with my right isn't quick enough for my liking.

BTW, if a guy on the boards is asking for help, he has alot more guts than alot of people here.

BTW, if a guy on the boards is asking for help, he has alot more guts than alot of people here.

Im not sure what "guts" has to do with it, but if youre referring to the suggestion that this question be added to the stickies, its only because it comes up often enough to warrant it.

Im not sure what "guts" has to do with it, but if youre referring to the suggestion that this question be added to the stickies, its only because it comes up often enough to warrant it.

No, not about the stickys. The guy who started the thread, Symphony, was asking for help. Later he posted again and I thought he was someone else bagging on the thread starter for asking for help. Turns out it was the same guy, his English was a little broken and I misunderstood him.

No, not about the stickys. The guy who started the thread, Symphony, was asking for help. Later he posted again and I thought he was someone else bagging on the thread starter for asking for help. Turns out it was the same guy, his English was a little broken and I misunderstood him.

Brains > "guts", if you've got to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet whether you're right handed or left handed, then perhaps they should:

a) find a gym
b) listen to their trainer
c) find something simpler, like bouncing a ball

Well, he should find a gym without a doubt. I'd like to think that the guys that want to train but aren't simply have setbacks preventing them from doing what they want. Questions are good. Not everyone has the resources to train right away.

If someone can't figure out whether they're right or left handed without the help of the internet, then I usually doubt their dedication to training. To quote a friend who hardly posts here anymore,

"People are pathetic, they want to plan everything out perfectly so they don't have to work hard."

After you've spent some time on the boards, you'll think twice about "all questions being good".

Many people are southpaw and fight orthodox, and vice versa. Everyone is different. I fight orthodox, but my left leg is twice as strong as my right. You were right about saying he needs to get in a gym, that's all I'll give you.

*your ballz must be this big to post*

<------------------------------------------------------------->

After you've spent some time on the boards, you'll think twice about "all questions being good".

Belive me, I know this is nothing to brag about, but I have over 10,000 posts on another board. That's nothing to be proud of. It means I spent too much time on the internet.

The sad thing is, posts, rather than fighting knowledge is how you gain your respect around here. I can say anything, but it won't matter untill I have a "Sherdog's forum blue belt". I've had guys on here that will admit they have no fighting or training experience, and will still tell me I'm wrong about certain striking aspects. Damn, gotta get my posts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back