• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spread the word guys

dont-care.gif

Repealing net neutrality is like taking the best invention in the last 30 years and putting it in the hands of two of the greediest piece of shit companies in the last 30 years. Fuck Comcast. Fuck Verizon. And fuck any government trying to encourage these monopolies. The public has NOTHING - I repeat, NOTHING to gain from this aside from bigger bills and less control over how we use the internet. There is no other side to this argument other than the greed of big business.

There have been over 25 million complaints about this filed that have been ignored by the piece of shit FCC. That's some good democracy.

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND NET NEUTRALITY, this is a good summary of why it is important. And since you are using the internet right now, it's important to you whether you know why or not.

Cable companies are famous for high prices and poor service. Several rank as the most hated companies in America. Now, they're lobbying the FCC and Congress to end net neutrality. Why? It's simple:if they win the power to slow sites down, they can bully any site into paying millions to escape the "slow lane."This would amount to a tax on every sector of the American economy. Every site would cost more, since they'd all have to pay big cable. Worse, it would extinguish the startups and independent voices who can't afford to pay. If we lose net neutrality, the Internet will never be the same

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet providers like Comcast & Verizon should not control what we see and do online. In 2015, startups, Internet freedom groups, and 3.7 million commenters won strong net neutrality rules from the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The rules prohibit Internet providers from blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization—"fast lanes" for sites that pay, and slow lanes for everyone else.

An analogy I read was that without net neutrality, big companies can choose to sell you a pencil for 1$. However, if you want to use that pencil to draw circles they will charge you $1.25. If they find out you're going to draw squares, they'll still charge you 1$ but can cut your pencil in half. And if they find out you're going to draw dicks, they'll cut your pencil in half AND charge yoh 2$.

Now replace the pencil with your internet, the drawings with what you use the internet for, and the 1$ with your internet bill.

Removing net neutrality allows for the monopolization of the internet.

The FCC is ignoring over 25 milliom complaints filed. None of this makes sense in any democracy.

And if you need any more convincing, that fuckin idiot Coolidge is against net neutrality and is googling his reponse as we speak. Don't be like him. He sucks.

Thought this was about battlenet at first. In that case I wouldn’t have reported it.

I clicked on the link..
It didn't take me to a video of chicks with dicks...

I'm very disappointed...

I clicked on the link..
It didn't take me to a video of chicks with dicks...

I'm very disappointed...

Well just turn around and kiss your boyfriends instead

<7>

Already signed most of the petitions, writing to anyone in my state won't help, hell we had a member from our state admit to knowing about a rapist but decided to place party over everything. People that play politics like football should just be taken out back and... Fired, yeah. Either way, the repeal of net neutrality won't effect me, my provider is ran by locals. The ass fucking majority of the population is going to get will be crazy though, I remember writing up a report to the FCC when I had to deal with Comcast raping a street I lived on. Back then I was praising the FCC but with the head being replaced by a guy that was once protecting a company known for throttling speeds, it became top tier irony. When you have the creators of the internet telling you it will get bad, you know it will. But you reap what you sow and soon all those retards who were idle will be wishing they actually cared when they had a chance.

So....still no argument against net neutrality.
You didn't make an actual argument. Why would I give you an argument? You said something about 'cunts' (love the substance and civility, by the way) and cried 'Trump regime'. Okay?

No, just mature enough and smart enough to understand that government shouldn't be allowed to dictate to providers. You sound extremely emotional, by the way.

The providers shouldn't have the power to control what's on the internet just because they service the internet to your home.

You don't want laws to protect the internet/sites (like Sherdog) but you want the providers to have all the power and control. I don't see how that makes any sense.

The providers shouldn't have the power to control what's on the internet just because they service the internet to your home.
They control the way content is accessed, and why shouldn't they? They're the provider. If you don't like it, then you can start your own Internet service. The Berniebros have to realize that Internet is not a right. You might not like it, but that's the reality.

Back