• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sports Illustrated calls Colby "Racist Heel" in headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brazilian fans that raucously booed as the decision was announced against Maia are to blame for starting it.

Colby thoroughly dominated Maia, especially in the 3rd round, resulting in a lopsided 30-26 decision. But the crowd in São Paulo reacted as if Maia had been robbed. Colby justifiably snapped and called out the crowd on their trash behavior.

But it likely had been building up inside Colby for a while. The UFC had constantly been putting him in situations to lose, but Colby kept ruining their plans by winning.

His first UFC fight was against an undefeated Chinese guy in Macau. Colby mounted him and made him submit to punches in the 1st round.

His second UFC fight was against a Brazilian in Brazil. Colby made him tap to a choke.

Colby fought an undefeated French Canadian in Ottawa, on the border with Quebec. Colby made him tap to a choke as well.

Colby fought Dong Hyun Kim in Asia. Stun Gun was 13-3 in the UFC and riding a 3-fight winning streak, but Colby beat him so badly (30-25), that he never fought again.

It is a bit strange to think that Colby was facing being cut before the fight with Maia. Going into that fight, Colby had amassed a 7-1 record in the UFC with 4 wins by finish.

yeah you care way too much about this interaction. have a nice day, doing whatever it is you do. maybe read a book if you have the time.

Summarization of our interaction - You responded to me, claiming I don't know what I'm talking about, and I proved I know far more than what you know so you're backing off claiming you don't even care and I care too much.

Sure bro.

Bye.

I'll say this for Colby, he didn't act racist or xenophobic regarding Zhang Weili. Kudos for that at least.

Colby-Covington-and-Zhang-Weili-embrace-each-other-during-UFC-268-press-conference.jpg

Interestingly, when Sportsmanor published the photo above they said Colby was "breaking character" at the time.

Last edited:
Stuff like this is why we can’t have nice things in society

It's not an outlandish claim. He's probably not racist himself, but has clearly said some things that were designed to amuse racist dummies.

To me it's whatevs, just kinda lame and dumb like the rest of his shtick.

But seriously, these culture warriors are just as fuckin annoying as the uber-woke dipshits, bending themselves into pretzels to avoid acknowledging racism can actually happen sometimes.

Why?

Should politicians of a particular political party feel entitled to the vote and support of everyone of a particular skin color?
It was a joke about Trump being racist it was not serious pretty obvious anyone who cant tell that probably hasn't had actual human interactions and thinks Twitter is the end all and be all

Historicly the ufc never cut anyone on a winning streak (outside of bad actions outside the cage or inactivity)

Colby has publicly stated he was told he'd be cut win or lose, and Dana has never refuted it. They probably figured Colby would lose that fight - he was subbed easy by Warley Alves in just over a minute, and they put him against the sport's best submission machine Maia... in Brazil. They probably thought it'd be a great showcase for Maia in front of his home crowd, and then they'd cut Colby.

Why do they call him racist? What has he ever done to support that narrative ?

Ugh. In a world where the term "racism/racist" is thrown around like confetti, where you're a racist if you don't believe people should be able to illegally enter and live in your country, yeah I guess Cobly is racist.

The worst I've ever heard him say is "Brazil is a dump" (Brazilian is not a race) and make fun of Usman's traditional Nigerian clothes (Nigerian is not a race), so whatever.

If Sports Illustrated really had integrity and morals, they'd forget about the guy playing a cheesy character to sell tickets and go after Dana's long history of exploiting fighters and providing a general shitty working environment. But they won't, because like other main stream media they have no balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back