Sport Karate or Point fighting ownes!

Kalam Mekar

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Luv it! A big night for all the TMA believers. That what TMA's are all about. The distance, timing, speed and accuracy of Thompson are all from his sport karate background and it's beatiful to watch. The times are changing!

yes i agree, it was great to watch, it really showed how much better Thompson is technically,

It`s so refreshing and much much better to watch than this stalling Wrestling Tactics stuff, and after Stalling laying ect for 3 Rounds they call themselves the best Fighters on the planet LOL.

TMA!!!!! KARATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But always remember, that Matt Brown loss and training with Chris Weidman helped him bigtime.

Not every TMA is Stephen. He striking is miles above anyone and is putting in the work to work on his wrestling to help negate the takedown - which he did.

While Stephen has a TMA base, he's a MMA. Johny would've starched a TMA in the cage.

While Stephen has a TMA base, he's a MMA. Johny would've starched a TMA in the cage.
He got straight up KARATE'D tonight.
Just like you would say Jacare (insert any bjj dominate performence) used his bjj to get a submission. He used Karate to dominate!

He got straight up KARATE'D tonight.
Just like you would say Jacare (insert any bjj dominate performence) used his bjj to get a submission. He used Karate to dominate!
Agreed. But the application of the other things Stephen has learned has allowed him to apply his dominant striking. I'm thinking more in terms of a TMA being taken down easily by Johny.

I'm one of those guys who believe in the Martial Arts approach, not the Athlete approach, but let's be honest. Along with everything Wonderboy has learned from TMA's, he's putting in serious work rounding out his game and becoming a complete MMA fighter. Without that, he'd be another great striker who couldn't really "put it all together".

There are no true TMA fighters in MMA. Most of them learn wrestling to keep on their feet, and BJJ to defend themselves on the ground. And when they do show up, they get wrecked, then they go back to the drawing board and learn MMA.

There are no true TMA fighters in MMA. Most of them learn wrestling to keep on their feet, and BJJ to defend themselves on the ground. And when they do show up, they get wrecked, then they go back to the drawing board and learn MMA.
It's becoming a style of MMA now. Just like an Maia is bjj guy and Cain is a wrestler ect. Now we are seeing point Fighters who cross train and their style is dominating in a new fresh and exciting fashion. This is what MMA needs to give it life. The majority of fans don't want to see two guys hump each other for 5 rounds.

It's becoming a style of MMA now. Just like an Maia is bjj guy and Cain is a wrestler ect. Now we are seeing point Fighters who cross train and their style is dominating in a new fresh and exciting fashion. This is what MMA needs to give it life. The majority of fans don't want to see two guys hump each other for 5 rounds.

MMA is cyclic, I dont think one style is necessarily the reason. I feel its about the individual fighter, who is talented and gifted in his style. People give too much credit to a style.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back