Spoiler tags?

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys how about having the ability to add spoiler tags to messages? i've seen it on other message boards and when you want to read the spoiler all you have to do is highlight the text with the mouse

so, what are the results of tuf 2. who wins it all.

Spoiler tags are avail on other forums (I first noticed on dvdtalk) but certainly not here.

E

I'd like to bring this old topic up again.

Sherdog's become huge since way back when. The off topic forums alone have more traffic than a lot of what others would consider high volume sites. A lot of the book, TV, movie, video game and other pop culture threads often have more comments than dedicated forums/blogs. Spoiler tags would be a nice feature.

Putting aside all the technical, what are the issues?

Most the threads are self-organizing, with conscientious groups of users maintaining them, so I'm of the notion that it doesn't add a moderating burden.

Any reason not to? Has this already been talked about and shitcanned for a good reason? Is this an issue for the delayed broadcast stuff or TUF?

They're talking it over in the Mod forum. If you look at the front page, there's a thread called "Spoilers??" that's been moved.

Yeah, I saw that. I just responded to one of the two "spoiler tag" threads that came up on a search and only saw the moved thread afterwards.

What's the deal? Will there be a decision and we get feedback, or is this dead?

Yeah, I saw that. I just responded to one of the two "spoiler tag" threads that came up on a search and only saw the moved thread afterwards.

What's the deal? Will there be a decision and we get feedback, or is this dead?

It's under discussion. Something will be done soon.

Keep an eye out for the white smoke.

That would be a good addition.

On an unrelated note, you know what else wouldn't suck? A rule that states that thread titles should be descriptive. Threads with titles like "Ehhhh" or "Oh really?" are annoying.

Back