Movies SPIDER-MAN 4 Starring Tom Holland (Destin Daniel Cretton to Direct)

Yeah maybe it was the nostalgia of the other Spider-Mans that made the movie enjoyable.

How can Tom Hollands Spider-Man still be so naive after like 10 movies. We are talking about a guy who faced Thanos with the avengers for Christ sakes. Surely he's had some personal growth through these movies
He's just graduating high school at the end of the last movie.
He has clearly grown though as a character, he just still does some dumb shit sometimes.

No Way Home was hilarious to me because it highlighted how he’s the worst Spiderman of them all.

Heck, he was the worst actor in the entire movie, including the supporting cast.
tbf, that supporting cast was pretty spectacular

oalmd5oexsnd1.gif

Give her a chance at redemption after the Madame Web debacle. Sydney Sweeny for Black Cat. The time is now!
Good lord.

Yeah maybe it was the nostalgia of the other Spider-Mans that made the movie enjoyable.

How can Tom Hollands Spider-Man still be so naive after like 10 movies. We are talking about a guy who faced Thanos with the avengers for Christ sakes. Surely he's had some personal growth through these movies
his naïveté shriveled up & has almost completely withered away by the halfway point of No Way Home. he’s still a teenager & got zapped out of existence for like five years, so it’s never felt too out of the ordinary

Can't trust a movie by a director who goes by three names. Who can be possibly be mistaken for if he simply goes by Destin Cretton?

TBD on the validity of this report, but incorporating the symbiotes seems pretty likely.

Richard Brake for Knull?

edit: nvm, it’s probably Rhys Ifans.

Last edited:
Shang-Chi's story was average but the fights were the best in MCU. If Cretton brings in those guys from Jackie Chan Stunt Team again, Spider-Man 4's action's gonna be PEAK!

Disagree. For me, the GOAT MCU fight scenes were in Winter Soldier. The Shang-Chi stuff was too flowery for my taste.

TBD on the validity of this report, but incorporating the symbiotes seems pretty likely.

Richard Brake for Knull?

edit: nvm, it’s probably Rhys Ifans.

I think they cast the biker guy from The Walking Dead as Knull
Knull is probably one of the worst major character created by Marvel in the last 50 years.
If you had to create a symbiote god, why would you make him a 10 foot tall Dracula with a sword? Its so corny I can't even.
If they introduce symbiote Spider Man they're going to have to retcon the story, aint nobody got time for a that story to evolve.
And Spider Man's symbiote = Venom, so that is another wrinkle they'd have to deal with.

I wonder how intentionally Marvel tried to duplicate Prince Nuada's awesomeness when developing Knull.

Disagree. For me, the GOAT MCU fight scenes were in Winter Soldier. The Shang-Chi stuff was too flowery for my taste.

I mean... Shang-Chi is all about kung fu so it's supposed to be flowery. I'd be pissed if I watched Shang-Chi and all they did was boxing, likewise I'd be pissed if I watched Winter Soldier and they did taichi.

Winter Soldier ranks #2 for me in terms of fight action. Reason why I prefer SC is that WS relies way too much on quick cuts to give an illusion of intensity. Not that it doesn't work, because it does, but IMO it's just not as impressive. I also find the cinematography in SC to be better.

And then there's single-take shots like this which is icing on the cake.

I mean... Shang-Chi is all about kung fu so it's supposed to be flowery. I'd be pissed if I watched Shang-Chi and all they did was boxing, likewise I'd be pissed if I watched Winter Soldier and they did taichi.

Winter Soldier ranks #2 for me in terms of fight action. Reason why I prefer SC is that WS relies way too much on quick cuts to give an illusion of intensity. Not that it doesn't work, because it does, but IMO it's just not as impressive. I also find the cinematography in SC to be better.

And then there's single-take shots like this which is icing on the cake.

It's a fair comment. Like most things regarding films, taste in fight scenes are subjective. I prefer the intensity of Winter Soldier's fight scenes. I enjoyed the various Arts being showcased: MMA/BJJ, Thai Boxing, Escrima etc. You prefer the, "purer" style of Kung Fu used in Shang Chi. Which makes sense, of course. One doesn't watch a Jackie Chan film to see Rocky-style Boxing matches.

Back