Spent the day at Floyd Mayweather's gym yesterday

That's pretty sick. You train out of Jeff's gym or something?

Celestino looks like he could fight May tomorrow..lol.. he's really big for his weight.

no. jeff doesnt have his own gym. right now he works out of pound for pound gym. i am not a fighter. i am a friend of celestino caballero and run a website for him. in doing so, i have become pretty good friends with jeff and a few fighters

That's surprising. You'd think that inheriting the Mayweather name would give you a bigger stature or at least your own gym, ha. So you don't box at all when you hang around Celestino? Sorry, new to Sherdog so I guess I'm not in-tuned with the regulars. Coming from the Boxingscene forums.

jeff didnt quite have the in ring success of the others, so he never really built a fortune. plus, he has not been a trainer for as long as the others, so he is still establishing himself. but he is every bit there equal, imo. great guy and a great trainer. but until you land a few big name fighters, the checks you make are not that big.

i am a little past my physical prime so i am not in training. however, i made a promise to myself that i would have at least one fight in my life. jeff and his conditioning coach have been bugging me to get into training, so that is probably going to happen soon. i figure sometime next year i can match up with some other past his prime guy pushing 40 and we can have it out.

Yeah, I hear he's the only sane Mayweather also, ha. Oh there's a lot of terrible boxers out there that anyone with half a brain cell could beat. Look up Slug Out Boxing or Charlie Zelenoff on Youtube and it should boost your confidence haha. Plus, there's also the masters (seniors) league in the AM's, so it's not like you have to have experience. If you were at Mayweathers gym I'd assume you're in the Nevada area, unless it's not the gym I'm thinking of? Boxing should be pretty big around there to find an opponent, or big enough.

yea, i am in vegas. definitely not looking for a career. just 1 fight to say i did it. having jeff train me would give me a big advantage i figure. i'll just find some cab driver who wants to do the same thing as me. i think it would be pretty awesome to say i was trained and fought with jeff mayweather in my corner.

Ha yeah, with Jeff in your corner and surrounded with good/great prospects that you already are, you'll fine and likely win.

Great insight there, thanks. Do you post as Pelencho at ESB?

Great Post. I've been keeping an eye on Brandon Gonzalez for a while now since he is Sacramento native. Good to see he's getting quality training out there in Vegas.

your threads make me think about doing sports writing of some sort. i mean, if you hung around these cats long enough, you've got yourself a book! pretty cool in my opinion.

more importantly though, get some footage of that singing/sparring. haha jm.

Caba is bigger than Floyd, but damn are he looks skinny

yea, i am in vegas. definitely not looking for a career. just 1 fight to say i did it. having jeff train me would give me a big advantage i figure. i'll just find some cab driver who wants to do the same thing as me. i think it would be pretty awesome to say i was trained and fought with jeff mayweather in my corner.

Did you get to ask Jeff Mayweather why his nephew keeps ducking Pacquiao? I know it probably would be a sensitive question to ask while you're in their gym, but if you could ask it in a way that is indirect, maybe we could get some insights regarding the ducking subject. You don't even need to get any complete answers. Just hints here and there that could give you hints that you may want to post here for all of us to analyze.

Good post. Good thread. I wonder how much the Mayweather's charge just to work out for an hour or so in their gym?

Mayweather is in a class all by himself.

Great Post. I've been keeping an eye on Brandon Gonzalez for a while now since he is Sacramento native. Good to see he's getting quality training out there in Vegas.

didnt know gonzalez left. when did that happen?

good move for him.

no. jeff doesnt have his own gym. right now he works out of pound for pound gym. i am not a fighter. i am a friend of celestino caballero and run a website for him. in doing so, i have become pretty good friends with jeff and a few fighters

Any news on who caballero is fighting? I was so excited when I heard he might fight Gamboa, but as we all know that fell through. Last I heard he was trying to get on HBO's triple header but had no opponent.

BTW great post

nothing new. he is aware of the hbo possibility, but has yet to see any contracts, concrete offers, etc. dibella is really pushing to get him a fight by that date as caballero has been inactive for too long. pelenchin is dying to fight too. he is in awesome shape and could fight next week if he needed to.

i will tell you this. if you do not see him in the ring soon, there will be a MAJOR shakeup coming to the division soon. one that i am pretty certain caballero bashers and fans alike will enjoy. i will let you know as soon as something is official, but for now i am obligated to keep my mouth shut. but i am VERY excited about the possibilities. the days of caballero not getting a shot may come to an end soon

I fucking hope so. He gets avoided so much it is really agravating as a fan. Thanks for the inside info. I look forward to any news you can get.

Celestino looks like he could fight May tomorrow..lol.. he's really big for his weight.

would be nice for him to fight someone his own size for a change. it must suck being his opponent and having a guy cutting a bunch of weight to go down and beat up on guys half his size.

I fucking hope so. He gets avoided so much it is really agravating as a fan. Thanks for the inside info. I look forward to any news you can get.
I agree. Caballero is getting up there in age for his weight class and I'd hate to see him get his shot too late.

Back