Sparring glove help!

LocoFlow98

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a new sparring glove. I currently use 14oz Winning gloves, but I just don't really feel comfortable using a glove that I use on the bag to spar. I would like to try a Mexican glove but I'm open to anything that can perform for me excellently. I'm really looking for a very slim glove that is still very comfortable especially for my hands which are medium size, I sort of have long fingers. I have heard Zepol boxing gloves are very narrow gloves and all around very comfortable. Could anyone help me out?

Last edited:
I have large hands and I feel Zepols fit very well. The craftsmanship on my gloves wasn't the best but I spoke with Juan yesterday and he let me know they have gotten a lot better. As far as comfort and protection, that is top notch.

I have large hands and I feel Zepols fit very well. The craftsmanship on my gloves wasn't the best but I spoke with Juan yesterday and he let me know they have gotten a lot better. As far as comfort and protection, that is top notch.

In your opinion are they narrow/slim gloves? I have heard they are slim gloves but then I started hearing people say that they weren't that much different from Cleto Reyes. And for that, I'd just buy Cleto Reyes for sparring but most people say Cletos are very wide gloves. Could you post a pic of your Zepols?!?

They aren't as wide as the Reyes training gloves but are very similar to the fit cuff.

I love the look of Zepol, your gloves look so simple but so beautiful :eek: lol. I have spoken to Juan before and he recommended to me Zepol or Boxeo. I just couldn't make up my mind on a glove after reading review after review. Do you use your Zepols as your sparring gloves?

I do use them for sparring. The padding is a bit former than the Reyes fit cuff. It allows for your hand to open pretty far.

I haven't tried boxeos but I have tried most other Mexican brands.

Assuming we are only talking about Mexican gloves, I LOVE the Reyes fit cuff glove, that one is probably my favorite for sparring. I really like the Zepols with their only drawback the workmanship on mine. These are probably the most comfortable. I have some casanovas that have amazing wrist support but I only have experience with their 12s. Classics are some of the most protective but the hand pocket is the smallest of all those mentioned. It really is what you like.

Hi LocoFlow98, I owned a pair of the 18 oz. Classics gloves. You mention that you have long fingers so this could be a problem for you since the Classics have a relatively small hand compartment. Another thing to take into consideration is that the lining within the hand compartment is pretty rough which will leave your fingers slightly bruise. Lastly, I wouldn't really recommend using the Classics for sparring since the padding is kind of stiff.

With all that being said, I'll still enjoy using them for training. I'm hoping in the future they can provide an option for a less stiff padding and provide a softer liner within the hand compartment.

058.jpg

Jaime, I really like your Zepol gloves.
Thanks. I really like your classics as well. I love that burnt orange color (I don't know how else to describe it). My classics have softened up a bit but the break in was longer than most gloves I own. The are a bit stiffer than most sparring gloves.

Thank you Jamie. Yeah, I'm not sure if its either a burnt orange or a earth tone orange but I'm glad to hear they actually soften up a bit. LoL I used to think that the Cleto Reyes took forever to break in, but the Classics definitely takes the cake.

Jaime, you mentioned how you love the fit cuff Cleto Reyes for sparring could you post pics of those and do sort of like a mini review? It doesn't seem there are many reviews for them online where I searched. And Noodles, I really like your Classics also! That orange is so appealing to look at lol.

Thank you LocoFlow. LoL, yeah the orange is a unique color.

I have read very little about Sabas. How do the different models stack up against say the Reyes models or even any other good glove for sparring? I heard Super Soft 2.0 Sabas were the best out of the Sabas brand. The gloves no doubt look beautiful.

Loving my Sabas SS 2.0's for sparring. I can definitely recommend them. Top shelf quality without the high price.

Loving my Sabas SS 2.0's for sparring. I can definitely recommend them. Top shelf quality without the high price.
How compact/slim are the gloves? Could you compare them to winning or reyes in terms of how slim they are?

Back