Sparring Gear and Venum shorts

ljcsov

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on sparring gear, specifically gloves and shin guards. I want gloves that are around 16 oz but there seems to be so much to choose from. I want shin guards that will be ok for working in the ground too.

Also i was wondering if anyone had any info on the Venum light fight shorts. I was planning on getting a pair of these. Does anyone know if i wore them in the water if they'd be damaged? I'm assuming not....i need a pair of fight shorts and i think it would be sweet to wear them to the beach once or twice when i go away....

How does sizing normally work with fight shorts? I know with board shorts i need to go a few sizes bigger normally. I wear a 32/33 regularly. I saw a pair of sprawl shorts online they were only availible in size 36 which im guessing will be way too big, but i just wanted to ask....I'm 6 foot around 175lb...

thanks

you should look around the reviews section. There is a ton of info in there with reviews of fight gear and shorts. Venum has a pretty good rep around here. People seem to think the material is a bit heavy but is very durable similar to Koral gear. In my opinion the price is too much for what you get. I would recommend something from Sprawl, Triumph United, Tapout or Clinch Gear. clinch Gear is my personal favorite. All are fine to wear at the beach as well.

As for sparring gear check out Boomersmma.com, round1fightshop.com and ringside.com . They all have a good amount of sparring gear at good prices.
How tall and what is your weight? That will make a difference on what size gloves you need. Fairtex and windy are both great and I believe boomer has some nice training packages with gloves and shin guards.

Windy Muay Thai Training Package @ CagesideMMA.com

Good Windy training package.

i picked up a cool brown pair of sprawl vtflex shorts. I got a size 34. I wear 32/33ish, but i noticed my board shorts were around 34. I hope the sizing is ok. Are the waistbands adjustable?

yeah sprawls have a nice adjuster to make them tighter. For venums i'd order a size up, just to be on the safe side. I got a pair of venums and they are just snug on me [32" waist] I bought the 32's.

Back