Sparring and Bag Gloves

blink_man182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about the differences between gloves made for sparring and those made for the bag. I was just wondering if there are any gloves out there that are good enough to do both, so that I do not need two different gloves. They would only be used once or twice a week too.

Edit- Also, if anyone could guide me on my way to find a good grappling mma glove that is good for light contact, that would be appreciated.

I don't know a lot about the differences between gloves made for sparring and those made for the bag. I was just wondering if there are any gloves out there that are good enough to do both, so that I do not need two different gloves. They would only be used once or twice a week too.

Edit- Also, if anyone could guide me on my way to find a good grappling mma glove that is good for light contact, that would be appreciated.

As i understand it bag gloves have harder padding vs sparring gloves. The reason you shouldnt use sparring gloves on the bag is they get harder over time because of the softer padding gets compacted. This is way worst on sparring partners and your hands. When i started I was on the one glove approach for awhile and it crushed my gloves and my hands started hurting when i did bag work luckily i have since wised up.

So its not really a matter of a good enough glove sparring and bag gloves serve two different purposes. Get a solid bag and sparring glove it shouldnt run you more than 200 bucks combined on the upper end and will last you around 2-3 years if you doing it just once or twice a week (assuming you are not 250 lbs or hit like lennox lewis or tyson) just bite the bullet and get two sets gloves

no! noooo! If I ever see you use the same gloves you do bag work with to spar with me I will find you after training and club your knees.

The padding is different. Also when you hit a heavy bag the padding has a tendency to become compressed which does not feel nice. After prolonged use (or if the gloves are shit) they can form cracks which can cut your sparring partner very easily. Just be a good sparring partner and spend the money on nice sparring gloves. Spend more on your sparring gloves than your bag gloves,

ok so what do u guys recommend for each

look around on here there are lots of solid reviews. My gloves right now are the ssf gloves as my bag gloves and the ringside ultimate classics as my sparring gloves. Both work really well i have some pictures of the ringsides in my review thread. Fairtex also makes an excellent sparring glove If you have a little more money there are ultimate classic bag gloves and i hear the top of the line rival bag glove is excellent

Sparring Gloves- Fairtex Super Sparring Glove BGV-5 $90
Bag Gloves - Ultimate Bag Gloves by Ultimate Classic $70
Total $160 + tax and shipping

those are some reccomendations if you don't want to spend 100+ on a glove, but of course Winning, Grant and Cleto Reyes are top of the line if you have the cash, for example Grant Pro Training Gloves + Pro Super Power Bag Gloves = $240 + tax and shipping, but its worth the money of course, well...maybe not Winning at $200+ a pair if your just training 2-3 times a week

Light contact MMA glove? Fairtex Combat Sparring Glove

Yeah i think i've decided on what I want for MMA glove. Picked the fairtex one, because its got good reviews and they sell them at my gym.

Still looking for a bag glove though

Thanks for the info guys

no! noooo! If I ever see you use the same gloves you do bag work with to spar with me I will find you after training and club your knees.

The padding is different. Also when you hit a heavy bag the padding has a tendency to become compressed which does not feel nice. After prolonged use (or if the gloves are shit) they can form cracks which can cut your sparring partner very easily. Just be a good sparring partner and spend the money on nice sparring gloves. Spend more on your sparring gloves than your bag gloves,

Video Por.Pramuk Play Sparring - Buakaw, Muay, Thai, Por.Pramuk - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

I was trying to be a smartass, but I guess you missed it :)

Buakaw sparring Thai style with bag gloves...

Yes, they spar Muay Thai very light, but spar punching only very hard.

Lemme see...

The Hayabusas are not bag gloves (I like 'em in white thought). Thai fighters don't punch nearly as much as they kick, knee, & elbow, so I doubt the Fairtex's can match the hand protection of my Titles. The Reyes' are pretty sweet but too freakin' expensive for bag gloves. You posted some nice gloves but they're all nearly double the cost of mine.

Ringside has really good gloves for both bag work and sparring, and CSI has pretty good MMA gloves.

The fairtex are very good decision too.

Back