Southern California drop in info.

Tebowned

Boise Dime.
@Silver
Reaction score
So I'm planning be in Southern California March 11th-14th. I live in the land of the Boise dimes; L.A. 2's. I'm not being lazy and just asking you. I have done research on the places I'm interested in but not everything is on websites and I'd like some inside info. I'm not "affiliated" with any gym and a fairly experienced white belt.

I'd like the place to be in the Orange County or Riverside area as that's where I'd be staying depending on the night. I'd like to stay out of Los Angeles if possible. I prefer GI and like a class and open mat if possible.

I'm not opposed to paying a drop in fee and I have at Cobra Kai Las Vegas. I just don't wanna pay something ludicrous like 50-100 dollars like AOJ and have to rent a GI.
Though it's pricey I don't wanna rule it out as I really respect the Mendes Bros and

I'd like info on Drop In prices, instructors, GI requirements, culture/ rules, and if they have open mat on Saturday/ Sunday.

My top place is Ralph Gracie Chino hills. I'd like some instruction from Sean Roberts but I know he travels for seminars. He's seemed pretty cool and Kumite and I used to play a lot of TitanFall with him on XboxOne. I'm on their site on there's no info on if he's there or drop-in fee. I'll be calling Monday.

Second on my list in King's MMA. They have a BJJ class Saturday and an Open mat. I assume it's GI and the drop-in rate appears to be $25.00. It's not clear who the instructor is that day. I'll be calling Monday for clarification.

Third I was thinking of trying a 10th planet school in either Riverside or Corona. I know it's NO-Gi and they get a lot of flack but I'd like to, in some way, support what Eddie Bravo is just trying to do. The riverside school says they have open mat Saturday and Sunday.
Their site says there's a free class but I'd assume that's if you're local and like I've said I don't mind paying a drop-in. I'll be calling Monday.

Also since TrumpetDan roams this forum. I'm thinking of stopping by at Brea Jiu-Jitsu. I know they have a Sunday Open mat but no class beforehand but I don't mind. I might've missed it but did not see a drop-in fee. I may call Monday.

Any recommendations or tips?

TL;DR:
I'll be in Orange county, CA. Where to roll with sweaty men and how much?

I attend a grappling class in city of Orange... Class on Monday and Wednesday 7:30pm-9:30pm and Saturday 8am-10am.

We're more partial to wrestling, but we do practice submission and welcome BJJ guys. We all try to be safe and not injure each other and can go light if you want or whatever pace you're comfortable with. It is a no gi class. There's no charge, but we ask that you spend a few minutes afterwards to clean the mats. Please send me a pm if you're interested and I'll give you the address. Thanks.

It was definitely on my mind but San Diego 2+ hour drive before traffic is no Bueno.

from OC? No way brotha, hour and a half tops! I've made it in a bit over an hour before (with no traffic)...just leave at the right time and traffic isn't an issue

If you're serious about BJJ, you should definitely check out Gracie Torrance. Not necessarily for the training, but for the facility and the museum.

Don't know about the drop in fee but I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend visiting Giva Santana at One Jiu-Jitsu in Irvine.

Back