Southbay Los Angeles?

Idontpunchwalls

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for a school to train mostly standup within the next month or so. I would prefer if it was in Redondo, Hermosa, or Manhattan. I driven by Lotar and Boxing works while driving on PCH..Does anyone have any experience with these schools? Or any good recomendations and prices?

Did you check the school directory sticky at the top of the page?

If there's nothing about these schools, bestway to go is to check them out. Let us know what you can find, and we'll add them to the records.

BTW, is Westminster too far? Westminster Boxing Club is legendary...

If you are looking for straight boxing, I don't know. However, that area has the Inosanto Academy in Marina del Rey. JKD, FMA, Silat, Muay Thai and several grappling styles.

Did you check the school directory sticky at the top of the page?

If there's nothing about these schools, bestway to go is to check them out. Let us know what you can find, and we'll add them to the records.

BTW, is Westminster too far? Westminster Boxing Club is legendary...

I searched the forum for the names of the school in my area but not much info..Westminster and Marina Del are too far for me, I am looking to ride a bike to class instead of driving for extra cardio. Lotar is walking distance for me and boxingworks and south bay bjj are biking distance..Does anyone have any info on price and quality of these schools.

I searched the forum for the names of the school in my area but not much info..Westminster and Marina Del are too far for me, I am looking to ride a bike to class instead of driving for extra cardio. Lotar is walking distance for me and boxingworks and south bay bjj are biking distance..Does anyone have any info on price and quality of these schools.

Pricing is right there on the website dude. Hermosa Beach Boxing Works, Gym, KickBoxing, Muay Thai, Mixed Martial Arts

Nobody minds helping, but do some of the work yourself.

My bad...i should of been more clear..The price i wanted to know was for lotar..I saw the Boxing works price and it seems very good for LA standards. I have seen the Lotar website and it kinda seemed McDojoish with all the extreame cardio stuff so if anyone has any experience there please chime in....THanks

Thats the impression I got from the Lotat website as well...

I have been a student at Lotar for several months now and it seems very "authentic" to me. This isn't some sort of Krav franchise. The owner and lead instructor has extensive training in multiple disciplines (as you can see on the web site and by visiting the studio). And the people who attend are all very friendly.

As for the cardio, that is optional and those are *great* classes. You get a major workout. It's not like the kickboxing classes you'd see at Bally's at all where people are doing fake kicks and punches. They get your heart rate up and then you are doing high intensity 1-1 attacks where form is emphasized. Sometimes there's a bit of calisthenics involved. But the focus is seriously on fight conditioning. Again, those are optional, but totally worth it if you need conditioning or cardio endurance.

Considering this is in walking distance to you, you should at least stop in and take them up on the offer for a few free classes. Just go talk to the owner (Brian) and tell him your concerns so he can explain his philosophy and answer your questions directly.

Good luck. I'd be glad to answer any other questions I can in this forum, but I am not all that learned myself!

thanks for the info..i think i will def come by sometime within the next few weeks to try out the school...from your response it sounds like a serious place to train

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back