South Africa Expropriation without compensation: Fact checking Tucker Carlson and Donald Trump

58miles

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Tucker Carlson, one of the biggest and most influential conservative television hosts in the United States, told his millions of viewers on Wednesday night that President Cyril Ramaphosa was "a racist", that former US president Barack Obama was "a coward" and that the South African Constitution had been changed to enable the seizure of white land.
Shortly after the broadcast, President Donald Trump tweeted that he has instructed the State Department to look at "farm and land seizures and large-scale killing of farmers". It is well known that Trump is an avid viewer of Fox News and often tweets after watching programmes on the channel

During the insert of more than six minutes, Carlson lambasted the State Department, panning their official reaction to a query from his show and asked why his country's government said nothing about South Africa's amendment to its Constitution (there has been no amendment to the Constitution).

Carlson also interviewed Marian Tupy, an analyst at the Cato Institute, a think tank in Washington.

Earlier this year, AfriForum's Kallie Kriel and Ernst Roets both visited the Cato Institute, while Roets was interviewed on Carlson's show. During the interview, Roets said a motion was carried in Parliament to change the Constitution, while in actual fact, that did not happen.

He backpedalled later in the interview and said there was an ongoing parliamentary process but did not correct Carlson's false statements.

During Wednesday's broadcast, Carlson started by declaring that Ramaphosa "started seizing land from his own citizens without compensation because they are the wrong skin colour".

However, no farms have been seized and no expropriation without compensation has taken place since the start of the national debate about land reform.

Read the rest here:
https://www.news24.com/Analysis/exp...king-tucker-carlson-and-donald-trump-20180823

Whites are being killed and the south african government from julius malema to ANC is racist. ANC covers there tracks better but people like Malema are widely popular with like 1/3 support of country. Some people just hate whites and far left liberalism wants to being up past actions to justify it. I have seen posters on huffpost argue that "well whites shouldnt be on black land" or "what can they expect they started it". Not realizing the British rjined it all. Originally white settlers lived on land that no blacks lived on in southwest africa what is now the western and south western cape areas. Where once barren lands. Also the original african blacks native to what is now south africa are largely been oushed out. Most blacks are immigrants from Bantu speaking tribes and speakers that came noeth if what is now south africa borders that came into a prosperous south africa. Also the original boers didnt want to rule over blacks they wanted their nice ethnostate in a corner of the cape but the British took them over and wanted to rule over africans.

Mods - please don't merge this with the other thread. Hopefully we'll get definitive answers in here on the legal mechanics of what's happening in South Africa. Cheers!

Have they taken any one's land yet? I don't know.

Do they intend to take people's land, yes.

There's no debate about that

And it is true that white farmers are being killed but not by the government by the people.
And I would suggest the government is inciting that violence. "Kill the Boer" chants at political rallies.

Have they taken any one's land yet? I don't know.

Do they intend to take people's land, yes.

There's no debate about that

And it is true that white farmers are being killed but not by the government by the people.
And I would suggest the government is inciting that violence. "Kill the Boer" chants at political rallies.
No they have not taken anybody's land away.
Yes their is debate about that because the law is still being debated in parliament.

No they have not taken anybody's land away.
Yes their is debate about that because the law is still being debated in parliament.

Do you think it (taking land away, paying a fraction of value then redistributing it) won't happen?

Interesting. Tucker recently got into being racist and lying when he went after the NYT for their New Hamshire thing a few weeks back. I don't know enough about South African politics but I hope this hasn't become a pattern for little Tucky.

Back