• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***SOS HELP ME IMMEDIATELY***

The question you have to ask yourself is why would someone chose to live like that?

The answer is obvious, that they wouldn't, and that is when you have to accept that mental illness is likely.

Accepting this makes it easier to be compassionate.

Ultimately no one has free will and everyone is deserving of your compassion, but I know that's a hard pill for most people to swallow.

I realize that you intend well with your post, but when you're rebuilding from shitty situations, it becomes really important to realize that you DO have free will, and your actions CREATE change, even the little ones..

Your actions and the decisions give you power and agency - it is up to you to decide how to use it. It can be emailing your family or ex best friend in Canada, it can be walking into a hospital or clinic, or it can be selling your Reebok kit for meth. Your decisions give you very real power.

Your actions and the decisions give you power and agency - it is up to you to decide how to use it. It can be emailing your family or ex best friend in Canada, it can be walking into a hospital or clinic, or it can be selling your Reebok kit for meth. Your decisions give you very real power.
Yes, true. But he asked for help and appears that he has since declined or does not want (meaning that his drug induced craze is passing and he;s somewhat lucid.). In the end it is his choices and it is on him (as it appears others are aware of his mental battles and have offered help in the past - or so I inferred) but with mental illness and not having access to proper medical attention it is almost out of his hands as I doubt he's functioning in reality.

GoPuff now delivers them and 4th Street Cookies directly to my house....

200.gif

I realize that you intend well with your post, but when you're rebuilding from shitty situations, it becomes really important to realize that you DO have free will, and your actions CREATE change, even the little ones..

You can tell yourself that story of it helps. We've evolved to vibe with it. Chance is however an illusion.

You deciding to go to rehab or buy more meth is the same regardless of whether you believe you have agency. You can believe you're a magical being and the centre of the universe if you like, but it's not true.

You are just as much a victim of fate as everyone else and you should treat yourself as just as deserving of unconditional personal regard as anyone else.

I know multiple people like that

First thing is the "high" you get from screwing someone over or outplaying him.

Second its usually just in their nature, they just have it.

And that is fine if it works out for you but if time and time again it harms you, that is the definition of mental illness. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I think it's reasonable to say you probably have met a few damaged people.

Me too :(
Cliffs?

TS is in Thailand and on the run from the Thai mafia.
TS dad turns out to be a tranny and his 2 sons are in the Thai mafia.
His girlfriend is also his mom and first cousin.
There are drugs lots of drugs.
A Sherdoger shows up IRL at his place and steal his drugs.
The sherdogger is also a member of the mafia that are out to get TS.
He treatens TS with a fork and a kitty cat .

with mental illness and not having access to proper medical attention it is almost out of his hands as I doubt he's functioning in reality.

It just depends with mental illness and the individual. Often the person is aware of what they are doing

You can tell yourself that story of it helps. We've evolved to vibe with it. Chance is however an illusion.

You deciding to go to rehab or buy more meth is the same regardless of whether you believe you have agency. You can believe you're a magical being and the centre of the universe if you like, but it's not true.

You are just as much a victim of fate as everyone else and you should treat yourself as just as deserving of unconditional personal regard as anyone else.

Here is a simple example of what I am illustrating:

You turn right and start walking, your body goes that way. It is not fate.

And that is fine if it works out for you but if time and time again it harms you, that is the definition of mental illness. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I think it's reasonable to say you probably have met a few damaged people.

Its not mental illness really

More like how they are wired in my opinion

Is a mob member mentally ill when he knows that everything he does will lead to prison?

Is a soldier who enjoys war mentally ill (those have existed through history)

A volunteer firefighter who helps people without getting nothing back?

Or is it just who these people are?

You can play your life as a victim of circumstance, and everything, including registering for a Sherdog account is a slight of the universe against you (that sounds like magic to me), or you can start taking back some personal agency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back