Sophie Lancaster

Matt M

It is happening again....
@Black
Reaction score
11892136_10153554069889764_1528013053168916006_n.jpg

Yesterday was the anniversary of her murder and there were quite a lot of tributes about.

If anyone is not aware:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sophie_Lancaster

It was one of those rare news stories that I could say genuinely upset and affected me.
It does beggar belief how anyone could kick and stamp an innocent person to death for absolutely no reason.
The judge in the case summed it up very well:

"This was a terrible case which has shocked and outraged all who have heard about it.
At least wild animals, when they hunt in packs, have a legitimate reason for so doing, to obtain food.
You have none and your behaviour on that night degrades humanity itself."

I remember this, sad story.

That sucks. I don't remember hearing about this.

Short film of what happened, song sung by Portishead

[YT]qW2ve6_BkRA[/YT]

I didn't know about this. And now that I read the link, I wish I hadn't :icon_sad:

God I love that song, 'Roads' by Portishead.

From the wiki:

"Both Harris and Herbert were sentenced to life imprisonment with the trial judge recommending that Harris should serve at least eighteen years and Herbert at least sixteen years and three months."

So they got life imprisonment, with a recognition that they would not be imprisoned for life.

From the wiki:

"Both Harris and Herbert were sentenced to life imprisonment with the trial judge recommending that Harris should serve at least eighteen years and Herbert at least sixteen years and three months."

So they got life imprisonment, with a recognition that they would not be imprisoned for life.

Yeah it's bullshit.

I said to someone the other day that if I had the power i'd have their families slaughtered to cut the bloodline.
I was only half joking.

From the wiki:

They got a minimum before they're eligible for parole dependent on their behavior, but default is life. Not so weird.

So is the boyfriend a retard now or did he recover?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424435/Brendan-Harris-killer-Goth-Sophie-Lancaster-given-extra-sentence-battering-nurse-psychiatric-unit.html

A notorious killer serving life for murdering teenager Sophie Lancaster has been jailed for a further four months after he punched a nurse in a secure psychiatric unit.

Brendan Harris, 21, threatened to kill one member of staff after he became angry over a fellow inmate being restrained.

He also punched another in the face leaving him with a broken nose.

Preston Crown Court was told the assault on nurse David Timson occurred on January 10 after Harris was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and transferred from a young offender institution to the Guild Lodge, Whittingham, Lancashire.

Harris was given a further four months on top of his life sentence after he was convicted of wounding.

They got a minimum before they're eligible for parole dependent on their behavior, but default is life. Not so weird.

One of them assaulted a nurse while inside and has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, so life almost certainly means life for him. You would hope so anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424435/Brendan-Harris-killer-Goth-Sophie-Lancaster-given-extra-sentence-battering-nurse-psychiatric-unit.html

A notorious killer serving life for murdering teenager Sophie Lancaster has been jailed for a further four months after he punched a nurse in a secure psychiatric unit.

Brendan Harris, 21, threatened to kill one member of staff after he became angry over a fellow inmate being restrained.

He also punched another in the face leaving him with a broken nose.

Preston Crown Court was told the assault on nurse David Timson occurred on January 10 after Harris was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and transferred from a young offender institution to the Guild Lodge, Whittingham, Lancashire.

Harris was given a further four months on top of his life sentence after he was convicted of wounding.

One of them assaulted a nurse while inside and has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, so life almost certainly means life for him. You would hope so anyway.

So if this guy doesn't see a day of freedom for the rest of his life, seems about right.

If the other guy is a model prisoner, is rehabilitated and is remorseful after sixteen or so years for a crime he committed when he was 15, doesn't seem like a huge miscarriage of justice to me to reevaluate the guy after his minimum term. OTOH, if he stays a lowlife scum, then keep him in prison.

Quite a sad incident. It is a scary thought that you could just be going home from work and some sick fucker may decide to end your life for no particular reason. I wish we had a restart button like in video games.

Yeah it's bullshit.

I said to someone the other day that if I had the power i'd have their families slaughtered to cut the bloodline.
I was only half joking.

I think the article contained a statement by one of the detectives involved implicating the parents of the murderers.

It's not weird in the sense of being common. It is quite weird in the sense that the parole system means a life sentence is usually not a life sentence. They ought to have hanged these lads by the neck.

Back