Sony Confesses To Releasing Fake Michael Jackson Music

Eazy123

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dafuq?

https://www.vibe.com/2018/08/sony-music-admits-to-releasing-fake-michael-jackson-songs/

"The fake songs reportedly appeared on the 2010 posthumous album Michael. The songs in question include: “Monster,” “Keep Your Head Up,” and “Breaking News.”

While the singles sounded similar to MJ’s sound, they said Michael never recorded them. Serova testified in the Los Angeles Superior Court that they were recorded by an impersonator named Jason Malachi. Consequently, Sony Music Entertainment conceded in court, that it had released fake singles."

Jackson Family be like:

2ce0qi9.gif

So can everyone get their money back that paid for that shit?

That's what I'm wondering....they're talking about paying the Jackson family...what about the four people who bought that garbage album?

Man that's embarrassing.

Sony has done a bunch of things that tarnish their image, which is unusual for a Japanese company.

Yes almost certainly if a large enough number of albums where sold there will be a class action to allow for refunds for anyone who wants it. Class actions for small individual claims like this are almost all brought by lawfirms who seek out a single 'victim' to represent the class. What is in it for that person is they are typically awarded a percentage of the successful suit which i've read can be between 10-25% of the entire award and the lawfirm can also grab a similar percentage of the successful suit.

So you can imagine if 5 Million people bought this album for $7ea and are eligible for refund that could be a $35MM judgement the loser would have to put aside. the Lawyer and the plaintiff who brought the case could each get $3-7MM and the rest gets allocated to the individuals in the class if they put in a claim for their $7ea.

Man that's embarrassing.

Sony has done a bunch of things that tarnish their image, which is unusual for a Japanese company.

Honestly Sony entertainment(music, films, etc) are really more a US company at this point.

Makes me want go outside in the garage and kick my old Sony speakers, bad Sony.

...Did they not listen to the songs before releasing them?

Jackson owned half of Sony Music outright and was signed to their Epic label, and yet they didn't know what his voice sounded like? What a shit company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back