Sony Announce Playstation Classic with 20 preinstalled games

Wishful thinking, but they need to do this for the Sega Saturn. Their 2D games still look great and it would be a nostalgia trip for all 4 people that bought the original.

Too bad a lot of their best 2D games were only in Japanese. The 2D fighters were really good compared to the shitty ports that were on the PS1.

You probably just don't have things set up right. Dolphin is bulletproof. But ya I don't see these Raspberry Pi's being able to handle these systems at high detail like a quality PC.

I messed with the settings for a while. Some games just aren't emulation friendly.

Has SEGA even got in on this action yet? Their consoles are prime for these nostalgia boxes.

Mini Saturn with "Panzer Dragoon Saga" and I'm there day 1.
They did one for the Genesis. I think they were actually first to do this to some capacity.

Mini Saturn with "Panzer Dragoon Saga" and I'm there day 1.

Thats gonna take some work, Sega lost the source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga and some others a while back. If they were desperate for it then they could reverse engineer it but that could take a lot of time and money.

What Sega cd game would you replay?

Sewer Shark Is the only one I had back then I actually enjoyed, but I don’t have a lot.

I still have my Sega cd, what is worth getting for it ?

Terminator for Sega CD is awesome, it's got the real CD quality Terminator theme song and you can pop it into a CD player in your car and listen to it, also has some grainy cut scenes from the first movie, solid 16 bit action game even without the music and videos too.

Road Rash CD is fun

Snatcher, Rise Of The Dragon as previously mentioned.

Mortal Kombat CD is got to be the best version ever released for home consoles, has the music and voices from the arcade game, blood is automatically unlocked and to me feels way more like the arcade game than any other home version.

Eye Of The Beholder is cool

Eternal Champions Challenge From The Dark Side is pretty gnarly

Road Avenger is a trip

Also Final Fight for the Sega CD is pretty awesome

The coolest thing about Sega CD is it's super easy to download and burn all these games to a CD-R and play them on the console without any modifications or anything.

I want a "Tower Of Doom" mini, the full Genesis+Sega CD+32X like a mini version of this with HDMI hookups and authentic six button controllers:

maxresdefault.jpg

Throw in the standard Genesis games, those Sega CD games, and some 32X games like Doom, Space Harrier, Afterburner, Virtua Fighter, Shadow Squadron, Knuckles Chaotix, MK II, and we will be in business! That's a mini-throwback I'd buy, shit I'd preorder it.

Terminator for Sega CD is awesome, it's got the real CD quality Terminator theme song and you can pop it into a CD player in your car and listen to it, also has some grainy cut scenes from the first movie, solid 16 bit action game even without the music and videos too.

Road Rash CD is fun

Snatcher, Rise Of The Dragon as previously mentioned.

Mortal Kombat CD is got to be the best version ever released for home consoles, has the music and voices from the arcade game, blood is automatically unlocked and to me feels way more like the arcade game than any other home version.

Eye Of The Beholder is cool

Eternal Champions Challenge From The Dark Side is pretty gnarly

Road Avenger is a trip

Also Final Fight for the Sega CD is pretty awesome

The coolest thing about Sega CD is it's super easy to download and burn all these games to a CD-R and play them on the console without any modifications or anything.

I want a "Tower Of Doom" mini, the full Genesis+Sega CD+32X like a mini version of this with HDMI hookups and authentic six button controllers:

maxresdefault.jpg

Throw in the standard Genesis games, those Sega CD games, and some 32X games like Doom, Space Harrier, Afterburner, Virtua Fighter, Shadow Squadron, Knuckles Chaotix, MK II, and we will be in business! That's a mini-throwback I'd buy, shit I'd preorder it.
Cool, I have the original cd that was long that the genesis sat on top and side of and the 32x. Need to get it out someday and replay some stuff.

Doom on it was great.

im seeing a lot of people here asking for an n64 classic. and all i have to say is "YOU BUNCH OF HEATHENS" why haven't you still got your original ones in the box with the polystyrene packing? like i have.

At least FF8 has prerendered backgrounds. Try playing MGS (which can barely maintain 20 FPS) all blown up on a modern TV.
Fortunately, I have a 14" Trinitron with some quality S-Video cables for older systems.
they have MGS on the PSN store. Runs pretty well on PS3.

they have MGS on the PSN store. Runs pretty well on PS3.
Yeah, the PS3 is honestly the best way to play PS1 games for most people. It's fine (unless you're speedrunning or something like that), HDMI, and you don't need to plop down $300 on a Framemeister. Convenient and gets the job done without spending a lot.
I was referring to using a PS1 or PS2 to play on a modern TV through composite (or even component). Don't do it! :eek:

im seeing a lot of people here asking for an n64 classic. and all i have to say is "YOU BUNCH OF HEATHENS" why haven't you still got your original ones in the box with the polystyrene packing? like i have.
Am I supposed to be impressed? It's a 64, not exactly rare.

My Sega master system is put away in the original box and packaging.

I packed it up nice when I got my genesis.

wheres yours? and if they're not rare, why do a classic?
Why would I want one? Here's a Star Wars edition with the box for $143. If the special edition consoles are selling that cheap, they're not rare.
The SNES and NES aren't rare. The Sega Genesis isn't rare. The PS1 isn't rare. Yet those all have "classic" consoles.

I messed with the settings for a while. Some games just aren't emulation friendly.
Like what? I haven't had a single Gamecube or Wii game not work and I have a big collection. At worst menus can have some glitches but all in game is perfect.

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL, oh' my god, yes.

The SEGA Mini-Monstrosity would be incredible.

Meh.

PSone Graphics are ugly as fuck. They haven't aged as well as 16 bit games.

I’m pretty sure I’ve purchased most of the games as PS1 classics for my PS3 already.

Meh.

Resident Evil 1 DC, no RE2?
Twisted Metal 1, and not 2?
Intelligent Cube?
PUZZLE Fighter 2 Turbo? Seriously?

And Syphon Filter may have aged the absolute worst, of PS1's entire catalogue.

GTA1?

No Castlevania Symphony of the Night? WTF?

No Crash games?
No Spyro games?
No Gran Turismo?
No Silent Hill?!?
No Tomb Raider games?!?
NO TONY HAWK GAMES!?!?!?

Will not purchase.

Last edited:
That’s a pretty weak lineup. Pry gonna cancel my preorder.

Back