Sonnen vs weidman

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Pangi, May 25, 2014.

1. Pangi

Pangi Green Belt

If sonnen vs weidman was to happen how do you think it would play out . Personally I believe sonnen would be a bad match up for weidman due to his aggressiveness . Weidman is an outstanding martial artist but he has only been dominant against counter strikers and has not faced anyone with the pressure that sonnen would apply . I think there wrestling would cancel each other's out and if kept stand sonnen could press him and dirty box to a UD . What's every1 thoughts ?

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Brown Belt

No,
    I thin the champ has power, speed, quickness and youth.

Chael has great experience with Couture and Hendo for sure, but Bisping he sled Chael on the cage and he has really never chosen to do the dirty box thing, it's only been forced on him.

3. Pangi

Pangi Green Belt

Yes you defiantly have a point there I would pick weidman to win but idk just somthing tells me sonnen would give him a decent clash with there styles

4. Edmond Rousey

Edmond Rousey Blue Belt

Why didn't you post this thread in the UFC forum? Unlikely either of these guys leave the UFC in the forseeable future.

5. DezWalker

DezWalker MMA Stats geek

When Wandy pulls out of his fight in mid-June and Machida suffers a mysterious injury a week later, you'll get your answer.