Rumored Sonnen: The UFC has offered Leon Edwards his show and win money to Step Aside for McGregor vs Usman

Goosemen

Duck Duck Goose
Banned
Reaction score
Wow.
<{clintugh}>

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...side-for-conor-mcgregor-to-face-kamaru-usman/

“I am being told that Leon has been offered his show and his win, whatever was negotiated for Leon to fight Kamaru is being offered to him. ‘We will mail you a cheque to step aside. We have the right to push you aside, (but) we don’t want any hard feelings. And, we acknowledge that you deserve this. So, we are going to send you what you agreed on and you get to stay home.’ With the belief being that Conor’s gonna step in.”

Edit: Leon denied this already but he would kind of be forced to say this publically imo

Edwards would look really bad if this was true. Not saying Sonnen is 100% even though he's usually right about things that happen inside the UFC, but nobody is going to admit to taking bribe money to NOT fight for a title.

Conor's thoughts on the fight <6>

Last edited:
How does this make any sense at all? I don't believe this in the least. Conors not taking a fight he knows 100% he will get dominated.

Edit: to every asshole who says Mayweather, Conor got paid $100million and 100% believed he could get a ko not out box but legit thought he had the power to actually hurt Floyd.

Last edited:
I think this is happening btw and agree with Chael.

Why the hell would they want Usman to fight Edwards when Conor (100 times more money) wants the fight?

Anyway, if the fight happens Usman will send him to next week after he gasses again in the first with Usmans cardio and wrestling, and then his devastating punches.

Edit: Added to OP

Edwards would look really bad if this was true. Not saying Sonnen is 100% even though he's usually right about things that happen inside the UFC, but nobody is going to admit to taking bribe money not to fight for a title.

Last edited:
Another Ali coup d'etat taking place behind the scenes to bring in Conor McGregor

Someone fell for some april's fools joke...MMA doesnt have mandatory defenses, they dont have "step aside money", they dont need to, they just book whoever they want against whoever they want, thats the benefit of being almost a monopoly, or basically working as one when they own the belt, the promotion and the fighters.

This kinda seems like bs to me and chael isn’t the most dependable source.

For one thing, since there’s no contract signed yet for Edwards to fight usman, they don’t have to give him anything, they can just tell him “sorry, tough break” and I doubt they would give him a bunch of money just out of the goodness of their hearts.

Whatever, I'm fine with this. Conor will likely get wrestled into oblivion, but I don't have any feelings either way.

Edwards would look really bad if this was true. Not saying Sonnen is 100% but nobody is going to admit to taking bribe money not to fight for a title.
Chael is a known troll, remember when Cruz called out Sonnen for lying about him sending a text.

"What does he benefit? Well he's currently a promoter of a grappling organization on Fight Pass, is he not? And if you type his name, what's the first thing that comes up is his Fight Pass promotion. So if he attaches my name to a relevant matchup that he likes, now his name goes viral and everybody's pulling up his Fight Pass grappling matches. So you gotta think, there's always an agenda when it comes to Chael Sonnen and it's an agenda for himself a hundred percent of the time and I mean this with love to Chael."

"But like you said, he does bend the truth and he definitely bent the truth over backwards on this one. I did not text him that, in fact, six months ago I would say he called me before I had picked up this fight with Casey Kenney and agreed to it before Shelby brought it to me, he asked me if I wanted to be a part of his grappling promotion against Sean O'Malley or against Roman Bravo Young. And I'm thinking, 'Okay, why would I go do this when I'm still planning to fight' and I said, 'No, I'm not gonna do that because I'm gonna fight. I plan on coming back to fight'. He said, 'Respect, you know and that was it. So then he brings this back around and creates it again and it's just very Chael Sonnen of him to do so but I did not text him."

How does this make any sense at all? I don't believe this in the least. Conors not taking a fight he knows 100% he will get dominated.

As long as Conor keeps fighting champions or number # 1 or # 2 contenders, his reputation is saved by the bull crap excuse of “I was inactive, he was not, imagine if I was prepared…”

And his legions will eat it up.

Back