Somethings wrong with me!

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
I don't know whats up but I can't seem to bring myself to go to training anymore. I work and go to school, but usually I'd force myself, but its been dif., I don't seem to have the desire to go to training. I train in mainly Muay Thai, and I haven't had a fight since my no contest where I took an illegal knee to the jaw in an amateur bout. My gym has undergone some radical changes and I see it as where I can't be because its wasting my time dealing with the same shit night after night. I don't feel that I've evolved as a fighter at all. I'm just bummed out at training and haven't really gone in like a month. Whats wrong with me!!!

Sounds like you've lost interest...maybe its time for a break...or a change in gyms. I did this once but went back to my old place in about three months, very appreciative and with renewed spirit and eagerness to improve.

You might just need a break, it's happened to me before. I dont know the situation with your gym so I can't help ya on that part, but you could always go to another gym if you no longer want to go to yours.

I'd change gyms too. If you're not looking forward to going becuase of politics or other non fight related shit you have to deal with that's bogus!

I'm still debating it and I'm pretty interested in getting into MMA, but not sure yet. What I'm pissed is that no one is out to train, and just sit there talking about their past glory. My trainer is legit and took me in, but right now the gym is in bad shape. Its so small and cramped now that we lost a suite, that all the new people get first priority there are no bags or ring space. I guess I'm really staying for my trainer, but I owe so much allegiance that its hard to go. They're like family to me. I guess that may be the reason.

Sometimes you have to look out for what's best for you even if it's at the cost of someone elses happiness.

you have to put your develepment first ihad the same situation do waths best for your training if you want to fight

maybe the fact that you got kneed in the jaw is what's really stopping you. get over it and get back in there. so you got kneed, it happens. don't lose your confidence just because another fighter caught you open, even ali got hit once in a while. :)

Talk to your trainer about your concerns. You shouldn't let politics stand in the way of something you enjoy.

scorcho said:
Talk to your trainer about your concerns. You shouldn't let politics stand in the way of something you enjoy.

I think enjoy is the key word here, take a break, see how much you miss it.

You have nothing to prove to anyone.

ClampXVII said:
I don't know whats up but I can't seem to bring myself to go to training anymore. I work and go to school, but usually I'd force myself, but its been dif., I don't seem to have the desire to go to training. I train in mainly Muay Thai, and I haven't had a fight since my no contest where I took an illegal knee to the jaw in an amateur bout. My gym has undergone some radical changes and I see it as where I can't be because its wasting my time dealing with the same shit night after night. I don't feel that I've evolved as a fighter at all. I'm just bummed out at training and haven't really gone in like a month. Whats wrong with me!!!

You lost the eye of the tiger Rock, you gotta train with Apollo and bring back that hunger

Same thing happened to me, I took a break but couldn't bring myself to go back to that gym I was training at. I changed and now I am happy.

I was feeling the same way the other day. I just didn't feel like I was in the right place. It wasn't anything wrong with the training or the people; it was me. It was during a pretty intense sparring session, and I just couldn't land anything and was getting caught left and right. It was beyond humbling. It was downright frustrating.

Anyway, it almost made me feel like I didn't even belong. Of course, I was working on limited sleep, had a cold, and (trust me on this) had a crapload on my mind. I didn't have very good mental prep for that night. I had debated whether or not to go. Probably should have taken the night off.

Back