Something that really annoys me.

POPPA ROTZEE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is when people boo at MMA fights. They usually have no Idea wtf they are booing about. At Dracs fight, people boo'd Rocky in the second round..BUT, they had no Idea what happend in the first.

They had no Idea that drac ripped his apart his ALC in the first round so bad in the first round that he had to get complete reconstructive surgery after the fight. And this tuff fucker not only fought his way out of it...but stoop up the next round and continued to fight. Drac said the first time he applied pressure, he felt it pop like 3 times..then he rolled and he applied it again..and he felt it pop like two more times..then he rolled to the cage where drac didn't have room anymore.

I had meniscus surgery 2 months ago..I can't imaging fighting two rounds on that knee...and these people were booing him????? It was a fight for him to just stand, and these people were booing this tough guy, and Why, because they don't know what the fuck they are talking about it. That doOd was tough as fuck and deserved CHEERS for fighting through that.

Much respect Rocky..your tuff as nails bro and I hope your knee heels.

Agreed, I would only boo if I saw a fighter do something dirty. Or run away from the fight like Anderson Silva did against Demian Maia.

Rocky is kind of foolish for not tapping to that heel hook though!

there is this disturbing trend of mma "fans" who boo whenever it goes to the ground. You can't go to the heavies without seeing at least 80 posts being about lnp.

just so many of the TUF noobs and WWE fans that do not know anything about grappling boo as soon as it hits the ground or the fence.

And these same people get all pissy when you tell them to go watch K1.

Very few grapplers do nothing when they get on top. Gray definitely was not doing any LNP last night. Idiots do not know anything about advancing position and securing it, all the know is "punch him"

This is not terrible as a great percentage of people are idiots.

but this is now pressuring refs to stand up fighters quicker.

I mean meisha gets stood up during a choke attempt? Someone is on the ground for 2 secs and refs say "work"

look at all the stupid rules they put in hockey to make it more fan friendly.

I don't like the boos either, but it's part of the sport. Some fans think they are at the colosseum in Rome.

They don't appreciate what they don't understand. Japan has a long history of martial arts events. The fan base has a better understanding and is therefore more respectful.

I hope it will change as more people become better educated.

It's crowd psychology. There was a study done. In the middle of midtown manhattan, a guy started to look up at the sky staring at nothing. 20 mins later 3 people were looking up at the sky. After 30 mins, 5 people, after 2 hours there were 25 people looking up at the sky staring at completely nothing. They wanted so badly to know what everyone else was looking at.

Crowds opinions can be swayed so quickly.

Props to that guy for fighting on that knee. I tore my ACL, and I couldn't walk at all after. Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

It's crowd psychology. There was a study done. In the middle of midtown manhattan, a guy started to look up at the sky staring at nothing. 20 mins later 3 people were looking up at the sky. After 30 mins, 5 people, after 2 hours there were 25 people looking up at the sky staring at completely nothing. They wanted so badly to know what everyone else was looking at.

Thats hilarious

They had no Idea that drac ripped his apart his ALC in the first round so bad in the first round that he had to get complete reconstructive surgery after the fight. And this tuff fucker not only fought his way out of it...but stoop up the next round and continued to fight. Drac said the first time he applied pressure, he felt it pop like 3 times..then he rolled and he applied it again..and he felt it pop like two more times..then he rolled to the cage where drac didn't have room anymore.

Dude is just plain dumb and should have tapped. The guy go what, like a few thousand dollars for that fight. No way that amount of money is worth going through a complete reconstructive surgery and all the rehab associated with it.

completely agree with TS and all the posts so far - so annoyed when people that don't understand grappling boo and say it's boring.

almost as annoying as people saying mma is barbaric and label it as human cockfighting

Dude is just plain dumb and should have tapped. The guy go what, like a few thousand dollars for that fight. No way that amount of money is worth going through a complete reconstructive surgery and all the rehab associated with it.

Maybe, but I know about a million fighters who would disagree with you. Its one thing to tap in training..but I know people who were winning on points in a world championship fight for the gold...and got stuck in a toe hold in the last 15 seconds of the fight and tapped. I would rather take the Gold and surgery.

A second thing is with adrenaline..he probably didn't know how bad it was..he is just tough and doesn't like to quit. It was Rocky's last fight...he had all the time in the world to rehab..he probably just wanted to go out on a win.

I read about a similar project where 2-3 study investigators would go on an elevator and face different directions, like sometimes they'd face the direction opposite the doors, or they'd face at an angle towards a corner. Every time new people would board the elevator at different floors, the majority of them would face the same direction as the researchers.

Pretty funny.

The Boobirds annoy me too. It doesn't take much to shell out some money and sit in the stands. But to spend all that time training for a fight and then to nut up and get in the ring and fight takes a lot of inner strength. I respect all those who get in the ring.

That is why

Japanese MMA CROWD > ANY OTHER PLACE

They never boo. They actually clap or ooh and ahh at a sweep or transition on the ground. Of course they are proud and always tend to cheer for a Japanese fighter over anyone else, but other than that...they are very balanced and knowledgeable as a whole IMO.

there is this disturbing trend of mma "fans" who boo whenever it goes to the ground. You can't go to the heavies without seeing at least 80 posts being about lnp.

just so many of the TUF noobs and WWE fans that do not know anything about grappling boo as soon as it hits the ground or the fence.

And these same people get all pissy when you tell them to go watch K1.

Very few grapplers do nothing when they get on top. Gray definitely was not doing any LNP last night. Idiots do not know anything about advancing position and securing it, all the know is "punch him"

This is not terrible as a great percentage of people are idiots.

but this is now pressuring refs to stand up fighters quicker.

I mean meisha gets stood up during a choke attempt? Someone is on the ground for 2 secs and refs say "work"

look at all the stupid rules they put in hockey to make it more fan friendly.

I wouldn't exactly blame the WWE fans; a lot of them don't watch mma. That, and in WWE things do happen on the ground (abeit,they are very short).

Yeah, sometimes I wonder why k-1 isn't more popular here.

Why do people get more excited to see sloppy kickboxing with some takedowns and groundfighting if they don't like grappling?

That is why

Japanese MMA CROWD > ANY OTHER PLACE

They never boo. They actually clap or ooh and ahh at a sweep or transition on the ground. Of course they are proud and always tend to cheer for a Japanese fighter over anyone else, but other than that...they are very balanced and knowledgeable as a whole IMO.

while this is true, i do like american crowds better as they are louder. they just have more energy.

japanese mma crowd is like a crowd at a tennis match.

while this is true, i do like american crowds better as they are louder. they just have more energy.

japanese mma crowd is like a crowd at a tennis match.

no way man.... knowledgeable and respectful japanese crowds >> loud obnoxious belligerent drunken baffoons booing every time the fight hits the mat

But on the flip side, you get Japanese refs who yell action every millisecond of a fight.

Also they seem intent on killing their fellow Japanese in the ring :(

(I also get annoyed at the booing.)

I Have the same , i get to the point of irritation often when the crowd boo's .

Often i'm watching closely and observing some awesome techincal war and people start the Boo's even with the standup when feeling out the range ....go watch ghetto fights volume 100 or something.

I guess it does influence fighters , the part of entertainment is to big imo and it cuts on the strategical part.

I think someone should be able to lay and pray if that wins him the fight, that encourages technical solutions.

But they can't because they wont get casted for another fightcard if they don't deliver amusement.

So its not just the fans booing its also the organisations and the way they promote mma , for a large part its just a commercial business that needs to sell.

I guess the booing is part of the way mma is. Not how it should be imo.

Back