Someone's Respect You're Looking To Earn?

Dogpound2020

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who's Respect you still haven't quite earned? I've lost and gained respect more than any one I know, and right now I have gained pretty much Universal respect from my higher ups, co-workers, my underlings, my peers, my family members INCLUDING my Step Dad who hated me at first. Even my exes I'm still friends with.

The only one who I seemingly can't get is my Grandpa who for some reason can't let it go that I moved off of our home territory for higher education, and I only get to see them sparingly. And when I do make it home to visit he always slides in a snide remark and barely acknowledges me, while everyone else kisses my ass. It's annoying as hell really after all I've been able to do already.

I usually tell them I'm a Sherdog silver belt, pull out my phone and show them my like to post ratio, and they would prostrate themselves in awe of my presence

GIF-UFC-star-kisses-Trump%E2%80%99s-hand.gif

lol at wanting to earn somebody’s respect. What is this, some, 1980s Cannon martial arts film produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus, where the main character is desperate for revenge and earn respect a the same time? Because if it is, I’m watching!

1712109941992.gif

It's safe to say you'll come to a point in your life where you don't give two shits about what people think about you. Yes even your grandparents, mom or dad. Your grandpa for example should have unconditional love and respect for you whether you work at McDonald's or making 200k a year.

lol at wanting to earn somebody’s respect. What is this, some, 1980s Cannon martial arts film produced by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus, where the main character is desperate for revenge and earn respect a the same time? Because if it is, I’m watching!

View attachment 1037623
Cannon and Orion perfected that formula.

One of the greatest moments in cinematic history occurred at the end of Code of Silence. Chief asks Chuck if they can expect him back at work tomorrow. Norris stoically glances among his gathered colleagues, as they collectively nod their heads in approval. With equal stoicism, he responds in the affirmative, as his theme song fades in.

View attachment 1037623
Consider it done. Wanna be in it?

Is there anyone out there who's Respect you still haven't quite earned? I've lost and gained respect more than any one I know, and right now I have gained pretty much Universal respect from my higher ups, co-workers, my underlings, my peers, my family members INCLUDING my Step Dad who hated me at first. Even my exes I'm still friends with.

The only one who I seemingly can't get is my Grandpa who for some reason can't let it go that I moved off of our home territory for higher education, and I only get to see them sparingly. And when I do make it home to visit he always slides in a snide remark and barely acknowledges me, while everyone else kisses my ass. It's annoying as hell really after all I've been able to do already.
Fight him in a boxing match

I think anyone that makes a lot of money will immediately gain my respect, so with that in mind, whoever's looking down on you, the best thing you can do is become successful.

It's safe to say you'll come to a point in your life where you don't give two shits about what people think about you. Yes even your grandparents, mom or dad. Your grandpa for example should have unconditional love and respect for you whether you work at McDonald's or making 200k a year.
Nah you can love someone without respecting them. Or at least not respecting their choices.

I feel this way about most people but not my family. I do care what they think about me. Now that only goes so far. If they think less of me because I decided to train martial arts then yea they can fuck off.

My family isn't like that though. So if they are losing respect for me I would make note of that and evaluate what I'm doing and if I should take their concern seriously.

I don't know why you would have someone in your life if they don't have a basic respect for you. As an adult you choose who to be involved with. Even family.

I’m sure there are plenty of people whose respect I haven’t earned. But I don’t care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back